New in this world of units and rations

JoseManuel's profile photo   02/16/2011 7:32 a.m.

Hello everyone.Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, although I had been suffering the most common symptoms, hunger, thirst ... I am still waiting for the antibody results.The insulin results that I produce have given 0.4, when the margin is from 1 to 4, they told me.I have not had any fainting or a large climb of glucose that imposed me to do what I have done so far, with which I did the analyzes for the symptoms I suffered knowing that that situation was not normal.I catch a little older, with 34 years and without having ever expected it because I have no family history or relationship with anyone who suffers it.I have been reading the forum for a few days and I want to make my contribution to the extent possible.

I feel perfectly well, Echo has not meant a trauma or a drama as expected.It has taken it worse the people in my environment.I have a risk job, which will mean a change in my activities and in the position I played so far.For the rest, this disorder comes in an adult stage where, when I understand some things about life and death, it only implies a little greater concern when planning meals, which will give me the balance that I haveIt was until now.What bothers me really is having to depend on the pharmaceutical industry and its interests.I read Miguel Jara, a great journalist specializing in the pharmaceutical industry and I have several books for some years and, believing that something like that would never happen to me, I find myself in this situation a bit absurd or comic, depending on whether they are your own eyesor strangers.

For now I am with 3 or 4U of fast apidra at breakfast and at food, 18u de Lantus at 1 pm and at night if I don't need any doses as vegetables.In this way I am all day close to 100, sometimes above and sometimes below, without hypoglycemia or exaggerated increases.I hope I continue like this, although if my own insulin goes unless I suppose I will have to adapt little by little.

Yesterday I read the "memories of a type1 diabetic" of Josep Cladellas and I think it's a great example to follow overcoming, giving importance to this disorder and surviving many people around their surroundings who gave it by lost from the beginning.

I do not roll up more, greeting to all the people of this little great community.

JoseManuel's profile photo
JoseManuel
02/16/2011 7:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I forgot.Yesterday I asked for the USB of the Onetouch2 glucometer and a reserve glucometer to take at work and send it to me for free, without problems and indicating at all times that it is free.Very good customer service these of Lifescan, as it shows that the important thing is the consumption of strips ...

JoseManuel
02/16/2011 7:53 a.m.

Welcome to the José Manuel Forum.

Ayyyyyy so he bothers you depending on the pharmaceutical industry ?????Well, I am happy that thanks to insulin I can live, live a normal life, because a few years ago we would not have survived the debut.And today the investigation is protected by large pharmaceuticals and are companies that seek profitability like all.

There is nothing perfect in this world and unfortunately everything moves by interest, but it is what there is.

Welcome: d

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/16/2011 10:23 a.m.

Hi Jose Manuel, here you have me who also debuts with 32, but unlike you, I consider myself a kid ,;) (as with 34 you consider yourself greater).
For me, the biggest word is 80 years ........ that is, having enjoyed retirement, that I hope that all we are here, we arrive !!!!

That said, niño that the worst are the first months !!!!

DiabetesForo
02/16/2011 10:57 a.m.

Man estu, one thing is greater and another is an old man.Yes, it catches me at an adult stage and I suppose that is why it is easier to assimilate than to the childhood.Most will think I don't know what it feels like when it happens to you in nfancia or adolescence and your life disrupts you, and it is true, I don't know.The first two days were hard, that my tears skipped when I entered the pharmacy with the insulin recipe.Now I am very good, until some partner comes to tell me that he has learned of mine and all that and makes him a major drama than he is.Because I am strong, if they did not throw my morals for the soils even if they do it with good will.To continue forward, there is no other.There are people that we get in traffic accidents that do not have second opportunities, we, a lifetime ahead.

JoseManuel
02/16/2011 11:21 a.m.

Welcome to the José Manuel Forum.

Ayyyyyy so he bothers you depending on the pharmaceutical industry ?????Well, I am happy that thanks to insulin I can live, live a normal life, because a few years ago we would not have survived the debut.And today the investigation is protected by large pharmaceuticals and are companies that seek profitability like all.

There is nothing perfect in this world and unfortunately everything moves by interest, but it is what there is.

Welcome: D

And you are right.Thanks to the pharmaceutical industry we are still alive.That could go better ... sure.That many people have spoiled their lives ... well.
Hopefully independent research finds the solution, even at the price of life treatment ...

JoseManuel
02/16/2011 11:27 a.m.

WELCOME TO MATRIX: MRGREEN :: MRGREEN:
I also debuted in the thirties ... Without direct history and without having any idea of ​​diabetes ... 6 years later I know my body reactions perfectly, except the wonderful and unpredictable files X.

I don't care who finds the solution or explanation (which is not known either) and if you have to profit from my healing to do so (in its fair measure ... at least 25 years of patent).
That said, in Spain (which is what I know and where I live) the best researchers are public, or with public money ...
The researchers go where there is money (as professionals who are) and if the money is in cancer investigation they go there ... and little object to whether money comes from one side or another ... their priority is to be able to investigate.

DiabetesForo
02/16/2011 1:31 p.m.

Welcome to the forum

josealmeri's profile photo
josealmeri
02/16/2011 4:46 p.m.

Hi Josemanuel, I also debut recently, they entered me with emergencies on January 30, so you could say that we have started a sweet year.
Also after thirty, with 39, without family history.
Greetings: d

Triz's profile photo
Triz
02/21/2011 10:07 a.m.

That same January 30, my birthday, I was having dinner with my mother -in -law, who is an operating room nurse, and staying for the next day to do the analysis.At that time I was already with symptoms two months.I will always remember it because that was the gift of my 34th birthday.On December 27 they enter my father -in -law with a cerebral stroke.While with him in the hospital they enter a friend who with 7 months of pregnancy must take out the girl who wore and her lungs did not endure.A week after that they enter another 31 -year -old friend with ulcerative gastroenteritis.15 days to recover it that was already seen in the last.During that, my diabetes debut ... often beginning of the year, to see if it happens soon because the people around me that are healthy is already thinking about "when your neighbor's beards see you cut, put yours to soak"Virgin that I stay as I am !!!:)) :)) :)) :)) :))

JoseManuel
02/21/2011 10:36 a.m.

Welcome to the forum, Josémanuel .... Yes, after what you have, you debut almost pecata minute.As you can see, it is not difficult to find people who debut at 30, and more, my husband debuted with 39: shock: .... and I have a girl who debuted with 5 I always think that the better later, it is not what it is notsame 20 years of evolution for one who debuts with 30, that when I think of 20 years of evolution in my daughter who debuted with 5 .... the difference, almost na ...
Anyway, this is what it touches ... a lot of encouragement.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/22/2011 4:22 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

A hot welcome.If you are looking for my post you will find my 51 -year -old story of diabetics.You get to get used to everything, although it is not easy, I am now as a tit with insulin change.If I find my first post I put them to the new ones that have entered to read it.

A CUIDARS :) e.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
02/22/2011 8:55 a.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

Welcome JoséManuel,
It is not for Chafarte, but it seems to me that you have many years left to know what this "magnificent" disease consists of.Now you will be with the honeymoon that you need little insulin, you still have insulin reserves and it is easy to bring glycemia around 100.
In my case, I began when I did not know that it was life or death, ... I was 3 years old and, of course, if they let me choose, I would have started being very old.If I could have chosen the 80s, better than the 70s, but it is up to each time and every moment has its things.I assure you that with 26 years that I have now I have considered many times more times what is the balance to have a long life (move away death and complications) and give up many things because of diabetes.Even if they try to convince us that we are "normal" people, it is a lie.I would have liked to go out and drink or not drink, but that the decision was not a consequence of diabetes.I love mountaineering, but diabetes limits and a lot.When I am going to make a journey of a few days my backpack looks like an arsenal of needles, glucagon, sugar ... if you go with people and the sugar is broken down (very normal with the sport-diabetes mixture) you have to relive all the group.Last year I sign up for a group of winter mountaineering, and in the end I was not.First because they did not make them very funny in case something happened to me, and second because I recognize that it is a pain for me and for them to have to wait if I am dizzy, if I am high, if I have to do a control ... normallyI go with real friends, they don't care too much that I have to stop to control myself.
Detodas forms, I have been diabetic for 23 years, without complications and I have done many more things than many non -diabetic people I know.I think it is important to know what this disease limits, that an extra effort is needed to do as things, but that with effort you can practically be done, but with an extra effort.

tica's profile photo
tica
02/24/2011 3:35 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.