{'en': 'Sport, static bike', 'es': 'Deporte, bicicleta estática'} Image

Sport, static bike

leo's profile photo   02/16/2011 8:14 a.m.

Hello everyone.

My partner (which is the DMI) has been a couple of weeks ago (it has a 20-30 minutes of stalic bicycle.

The exercise that is not very strong but still then has hypos, it is always measured before starting and then after dinner (it usually does at 8:30) and everything is more or less good, but at dawnIt has drops, it does not sleep well and has very cold legs, although the rest of the body does not.

We have tried to take a juice before starting with the bike, to punctuate less fast at dinner, but nothing, it still happens.

That you advise us.Are we doing well?Why are your legs very cold?

Thank you.

leo's profile photo
leo
02/16/2011 8:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, let's see those who do sports ... that I only see it on TV: Mrgreen:

Logic says that slows of slow absorption at dinner or takes a small resopon before bedtime (1 or 2 cookies would be sufficient).

The cold legs ...:-/ pos no idea ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/16/2011 2:11 p.m.

It seems strange to me with such little exercise, but well, I suppose it will depend on the metabolism of each one and how accustomed you are to exercise (if you have not moved time, at first it is normal to "spend" more sugar).In my case when I make a land of several hours (mountain sports), there is a point where, I suppose it will be for the muscle, but they give me hypos every 15-20 minutes if I do not take something stronger than a little of a littleSugar to lift the hiccups (I have to complement a show of samples or cookies, both with sugar).I have it quite controlled already and what I do is avoid falling into the hiccup eating something every hour/hour and a half (a whole bread sandwich, fruit ...) and looking at me before starting the march, if I have less than 150 I takeSomething because it will be a safe hypo in the next hour.

I do not think it is the same case, but anyway I would take some slow hydrates atSleep if the thing is below 150 (a glass of milk, for example).

Is the cold legs throughout the night or after the nocturnal hypo?It has never happened to me, but come on, the hypos play a thousand dogs to if I would not be surprised if I had something to see.

Lew's profile photo
Lew
02/16/2011 2:38 p.m.

It is very clear;You have to lower the insulin (fast) from dinner after exercise and dinner without fear, something else in HC contribution.

And above all, make some extra contribution of HC before bedtime, and watch glycemia at that time.If normally a figure of about 150 is suitable for all, that day will not be enough and hence the need to contribute something else;Several Mary cookies or whatever you want.

Because?Because any aerobic exercise produces caloric consumption that first, burns circulating glucose, then burns the released glycogen and finally, must, in the hours after exercise, recharge from glycogen both the liver and the muscles involved in the effort.And that consumption of posterior glucose will be greater the more aerobic intensity (measured in percentage of cardiac effort on the maximum), the more the exercise time and more muscle groups are involved in said effort (aerobics such as bike andRemo mobilize large muscle packages, and are usually a reason for hypoglycemia in subsequent hours if measures are not taken).

I think I don't leave anything.But you see that the solution to your problem is simple.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/17/2011 10:56 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello everyone, as you knew for my first post we do not have the sport very well, a few days ago we went to the educator and we told her the problem I had with the bike and I recommend we lower the dose of a light and last night we did, the caseIt is that we put the alarm clock at about three in the morning as the educator recommended to see how it went at night, if I had hypos or not, and what was the surprise that was at 220 and had bedIt is due, can it be because the slow dose from 20 to 18?We are a little lost if you can help us because we are a bit atonitos with these values.
Thank you all in advance.

leo's profile photo
leo
03/01/2011 5:42 a.m.

Waiting for a couple of days or three to assess the change, but anyway I would not have lowered the lesson if only 20 or 30 minutes of static bike ago.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/01/2011 6:58 a.m.

Wait a couple of days or three to assess the change, but anyway I would not have lowered the lesson if only 20 or 30 minutes of static bike ago.

me neither.For those times that do not reach even half an hour, it is enough to monitor the previous glycemia and have a small blood -circulating glucose reserve.

I edit to add that at the beginning when you start playing sports, if you come from inactivity, your glycemia are altermthat in each case they are different, always depending on each person, the exercise they do, on their frequency, of their intensity, of the insulin that has in the body, of its previous glycemias ... and as much as adjusting those measures, youEverything will do well.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/01/2011 7:22 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

My experience with sport has been the following.I am not a good reference yet for the rest because I consider that I am still in the remission stage, so I do not need so many insulin units for now.

I was diagnosed with diabetes on February 3 and until three weeks ago I was with 16 units of Lantus per day and 2 or 3 rapid apidra at meals, depending on the amount of HC.Three weeks ago I exercised again after a time of inactivity, about 40 0 ​​50 minutes of continuous race and an hour of exercises between dominated in bar, abdominals, flexions and some weights.The first day I had almost continuous hypoglycemia.Only with the basal dose I lowered my glucose in a continuous way, the peaks were not so high after meals and later I continued to go down, forcing me to continually eat cereals, cookies with nocilla and everything I had at hand.I had to reduce the lantus of two in two units every day until I stayed with 8 units a day, this is half.In the days of rest, one or two a week, the only thing I do is upload two units of slow, in this case to 10 units, the muscles continue to carry deposits, and only if as something with muuuchos hydrates such as two dishes ofPaella or Fideuá I get 1 of Apidra.My conclusion is that I am much easier to control my glycemia without fear of eating HC and hardly reached 180. Someday this "honeymoon" will spend but I hope it lasts as much as possible.

JoseManuel's profile photo
JoseManuel
04/13/2011 11:38 a.m.

Hello, well, I can tell you about my experience that each one is a world, because I do enough sport and what some tables that the endo that I supposedly had to do as to lowering the basal, HC intake beforeAnd during the exercised and afterwards there is echo exercised to what I do now, because a world goes, like this it is best to try measuring yourself before, then and at four hours ... until you see what is good for you, I can tell you that for example if I run for an hour and measure myself and I am between 90-140, because I eat 1.5 HC ration and I get under the 50% basal for 2h.and during the 6h.storing 80%, and good encouragement and play sports :)): Twisted:

jorss's profile photo
jorss
04/21/2011 7:49 p.m.

I did spinnig more or less moderateTo my endo we tried to square ... and in the end it was impossible .... the recommendation was attempted to exercise less impact .... (((((

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
11/28/2016 5:01 p.m.

What practical sport @anna?

fer's profile photo
fer
11/28/2016 5:02 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, I do Pilates: -w.
Nothing to see with a spinning

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
11/28/2016 5:37 p.m.

@Anna is not bad, it is also very good for stretching muscles and avoiding injuries ... Another option is to walk fast, I practice it and I like it!

fer's profile photo
fer
11/28/2016 5:52 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

When I do sport I get the basal, the good thing to have a bomb. When bike bike at 30% 30 minutes before starting for 2 hours and a half and I do about 35 km and late 1h30min O1H45min is usually flat. Before it lowered me when I started when I startedAnd the endocrine told me to go down 30 min before.When I walk according to the rhythm I get it between 60 or 70% and time for 30 minutes of the duration of the walk and soil hit.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
11/28/2016 8:06 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Hello everyone, I would not go down the nasal, a recipe with slow hydrates I think it could serve you.For example, whole wheat bread (of bakery,) spell or rye.With tomato (fast) or margarine (fat) and check.The truth is that with Dexcom it makes those things easier.Ask to see if they give you one in the hospital for a month and thus meet you a little better and do tests with the sport

pochola's profile photo
pochola
11/28/2016 11:44 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

I wanted to say right;)

pochola's profile photo
pochola
11/28/2016 11:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.