Problems with Lantus and Novorapid

victor.vera's profile photo   02/21/2011 6:30 a.m.

Hello.I have a small problem (or big, depending on how you look).It turns out that 2 weeks ago I changed the insulin guideline, now I am with 20U.from Lantus at night (12:30 hours) and Novorapid.The issue is that especially 2 hours after having the glucose values ​​I have a little shot, today for example, 211, other days I have reached 226 and even last week to 308, but it is not every day.The fact is that breakfast always the same at the same time (9:00) and I usually get up between 80-120.I have tried to go up the novorapid at breakfast and it seems that the postprandial is going well but about 1 or so gives me a tremendous hypo.Any suggestion?
All the best.

victor.vera's profile photo
victor.vera
02/21/2011 6:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Victor!Welcome!
At breakfast is also the time of the day I have more problems to adjust the doses.In fact, 90 % of the times I have a value above 200 is in the breakfast post.Also breakfast exactly every day the same.It happened to me as is, that having breakfast and clicking the same, one day gives me 220, and the next day it gives me 70. In my case, I think it is due to the hormones, or I know, even to the mood,Even if I don't realize.

What I try, and it seems that something if it has helped me, is always clicking in the same area and in the same way, even if I still rotate.That is, I always punctuate myself in the lower part of the belly, and every day, about 2 centimeters from the previous one.For the other punctures if broken more, but breakfast tries to puncture as similar as possible.

They may simply be hormones, but that after those hours, stop effecting and that insulin resistance disappears, and that's why you have hypos ... couldn't you take anything just after measuring you when they give you those values?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/21/2011 6:55 a.m.

Thanks Neihs for your answer.I have thought about eating something about 1 or so, that is, right now, the problem is that there are days when I am fine (120-150 or so) and at 2 that is when I arrive perfect and if I take somethingIt gives me the climb.I could have an analysis at that time but there are many, now with the change to Lantus I have been making an average of 6/8 daily analysis to adjust.Anyway, as you have read before, in this disease 2+2 they are never 4, sometimes they are 200 :)).
All the best.

victor.vera
02/21/2011 7:07 a.m.

Well, at 13:20 I have done an analysis and .... 69. A drop of 142 in just two hours.I think that eating half a ration of hydrates I get well to the food, I will start tomorrow to try.What I do not know is if the descent is caused by the novorapid that I do not believe because it is at 4 hours of putting it or the lantus.Any expert on the subject that of your opinion?

victor.vera
02/21/2011 9:03 a.m.

If it is at 4 hours of putting the quick, the Lantus probably causes you .. If in the morning you are well and you have no hypos at night, the dose of Lantus will be fine.If not, try to lower a unit, see ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/21/2011 10:15 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In the morning it is normal to need more insulin to control glycemia ... to the same HC rations, more insulin is needed at breakfast than in lunch.

If you have a downturn before the food it can be caused by an excess of lantus or excessive exercise (it is not necessary to be a sport, it can be work, even sitting).

The novorapid lasts between 2 and 3 hours ... I always try to do control closer to 3 hours than 2.

DiabetesForo
02/21/2011 12:25 p.m.

I have a pattern similar to yours (although I get less Lantus, but also at night).Breakfast almost every day and at the same time (7:30) and in mid -morning I have to take something because at 12:00 or I have hypoglycemia (a few days I arrive more adjusted than others).I usually take a sandwich or a bocatilla (both of whole wheat bread), and with that I endure until eating (15:00).

From 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 (which should stop making the fast effect) I usually move from 200 to 70 - 80.Do not ask me why, I suppose it will be for the "peak" of the Lantus, that no matter how much they say, something has.

Lew's profile photo
Lew
02/21/2011 2:37 p.m.

From my point of view if you have controlled the rest of the day, better to eat something that allows you to get well to the next meal than to play dose of the PQ lantus to the best you touch and manage to fix that period of the day but for that movement to whatYou better get worse or other moments of the day (and you play again and ... the fish that bite the tail).

It is almost impossible for the Lantus to cover you perfectly 24 hours a day, take something in the middle of the morning that allows you to also reach food is the fastest and effective.

DiabetesForo
02/21/2011 4:19 p.m.

Hooola Victor !!
The same thing happens to me.I get Lantus at 23.30 or less and use Novorapid in all meals.If two hours after eating I get normal values, between 90-150, at 3-4 hours it gives me a downturn and I usually take some fruit .. half a glass of milk .. two cookies .. it depends.And so I get well to the next meal.
But when I lower me it is at breakfast, in fact it took more than two hours to measure the sugar, and I did not know if I had had hyperglycemia or not, because I can pass perfectly from 200 to 80 in three hours ..
Thus I control 1 and a half or 2 after eating, and if it is less than 130 I take half a ration of hydrates and solved :)

Cristina's profile photo
Cristina
02/25/2011 11:48 a.m.

Hello, I also use Lantus at 23.00 and Novarapid at meals.Before breakfast I have 120-150, very good breakfast, rather, a banana, two yogurts and 6 cookies, which are more than I should, all that at 8.30 and at 11.00 in the morning it has dropped to 50- 57 Every day.I was lowered by the Novarapid 1u.In the morning and it happens to me, now they have given me permission to eat something, 2 cookies or 1 yogurt or 1 small fruit, to get well to the food and yet I arrive between 80-100.at 15.00
Already the rest of the day well, not as anything to dinner and that I eat quite late.
All the best

Triz's profile photo
Triz
02/25/2011 3:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.