I am also diabetic

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/21/2011 10:49 a.m.

Hello everyone:
I introduce myself: my name is Miquel I am 58 years old and for a few days I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. It was February 11, and I am waiting for complete analytics but I found me quite high of glucose (400), with which I haveI had to start with insulin for a while, although I don't know if it will be for a long time or not.
It is a bit difficult to get used to and get the idea of ​​changing some acquired habits, but I think the important thing is to become a life with diabetes.
In these days I am reading a lot to be able to lead a life as correct as possible although at the beginning it costs a lot.
I live near Barcelona in Granollers and at least I have found medical staff that are helping me a lot.
I will continue to be in contact with you since I think it is very helpful to be able to communicate with other diabetic people.
An affectionate greeting for all.Miquel

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/21/2011 10:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Miquel.

I like to compare diabetes with a tiger puppy that suddenly and forever they put you at home.You can love him (it takes time and work) and live with him.Maybe it gives you a blow, but you will dominate and you will be fine.Or you can ignore it.At first nothing happens, until the tiger grows and comes a day when he kills you.

Well, that better get to it and dominate diabetes instead of letting her who dominates.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo
02/21/2011 10:53 a.m.

Welcome to the forum

I guess they will have diagnosed you with type 2 diabetes.
There is a wide range of medications to treat that type of diabetes, before moving to insulin.
I hope your pancreas has been able to "rest and recover" its function with this time of external aid with insulin and you can go to oral antidiabetics.

Even so, the important thing is in changing habits, eating better and more organized, exercising continuously ...

Anyway, little by little ...

DiabetesForo
02/21/2011 12:12 p.m.

Welcome to the forum, Miguel ...
It is not easy to get used, no, but surely your change in habits and the treatment will make you feel better physically and that will help you fit better ...
It is important to have a good medical team behind, you have been lucky.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/22/2011 4:13 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.