Doubt glucometro measurement

Mnf's profile photo   03/09/2011 12:19 p.m.

Hello everyone
I have gestational diabetes I am in 35 weeks with a diet without insulin
I ask me a question about glucose measurements, if someone could help me I would appreciate it very much, I do not know how to interpret the values ​​of today I am usually within the limits and if I ever leave high it is at the time being less than120 at two hours

But today, like fasting glucose I always have it well, today I have not measured it
An hour after breakfast 163 (never so high)
Two hours after breakfast 81
Before eating 78
An hour after eating after 40 minutes of walk 70
Two and a half hours after eating 105 ...... has caught so much attention that I have repeated it again
And it gives me 90, I repeat it again by clicking on another finger and it is 82

Someone has an idea of ​​why I will have uploaded to the 70 postcaminata
Can I really trust the results?

Mnf's profile photo
Mnf
03/09/2011 12:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum !!!
Why do you get controls 1 hour after meals? ... In any case 2 hours after eating for a "non -diabetic", values ​​below 140 are considered, so you should not worry ... you are likeA rose.: D .... How to measure several times and different figures, it is normal, the glucometers have an error margin of 10%, apart from other factors that may influence the measurement ... both 85 and 105 are normal values,So you should not turn it back, especially if you are not insulin -dependent ...
Enjoy pregnancy ...: D
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/10/2011 4:52 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

According to the instructions they gave me, I must measure it glucose one hour after meals and this should not exceed the value of 140 (if they exceed these values ​​they must prescribe insulin)
What happens that I have investigated online and I see that other people are guided by measurement at two hours and values ​​of 120
Another thing that worries me is the lowest levels of sugar, I am reaching dinners with 60 and peak levels, if you look online this is dangerous, if I ask my head doctor tells me that it is only dangerous for peoplewith medication ...?

Thank you very much for answering, I suppose that all gestational diabetics happens to us, we enter a very complicated world, without information and with the responsibility that nothing happens to your BB.

Mnf's profile photo
Mnf
03/10/2011 7:40 a.m.

Basically I agree with what Velia said, post-comidas controls are made at 2 hours (and if at two hours you are below 130 mg/dl you are like a rose).

The fact that after an hour of the food you had 70, after two and a half hours you had 105 is not strange, at least it does not seem strange to me, the digestion takes to do at least two hours (approx.) Not one hour,From the measurement of the first hour you still do the digestion.

Regarding low values: 60 mg/dl values ​​are low values ​​but are not serious especially if you are not taking any hypoglycemic medication (whether insulin or something else), try to eat or drink something in the middle of the afternoon.

A question why have you told you that you control glycemia?In any routine analysis due to pregnancy, abnormal values ​​have appeared?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/10/2011 11:33 a.m.

The objectives of the metabolic control to be achieved in gestational diabetes are:
• Basal blood glucose: 95 mg/dl
• Postprandial glycemia (1 hour): 140 mg/dl
• Postprandial glycemia (2 hours): 120 mg/dl

The glycemia peak usually appears around the hour and a half after the meal, the usual is to perform the analysis towards 2 hours after eating.

In type 1 diabetes, it must be taken into account that Lispro insulin can take effect up to almost 3 hours after injected so in this case, we will have a much more complete fact if we perform the analysis a little beyond 2 hours, although as a rule the results do not vary excessively.

The values ​​you have, as they have already mentioned, enter into normal so you don't have to worry and continue on the same line that you have very little pregnancy.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/10/2011 12:48 p.m.

Thank you very much for the answers

All pregnant women do the O'Sullivan test if the values ​​come out high make you an overload with 100 gr.of glucose and measurement of glycemias at the beginning, 1st, 2nd and 3rd hours, with this test they discard or diagnose gestational diabetes.
In principle they send you diet and glucose measurements before and after meals, if that is not worth insulin

Mnf's profile photo
Mnf
03/10/2011 5:28 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.