Glucose control at night

Triz's profile photo   03/11/2011 8:18 a.m.

Hello, I have a little doubt .... I read the messages daily and realize that you talk about glucose controls at night and after dinner.I have little experience in this since I debuted at the beginning of the year and the endo told me that I had to do the controls before the meals, I do not comment on anything at night, so I never do them and at breakfast I arrive quite wellbetween (90 - 150) to days.
Would it be convenient for me to control the night too?Or would I only serve to obsess and overwhelm me?
On the 25th I have an appointment with the endo, the first since they discharged me after the debut, see the results of the analyzes that I do on Monday and I suppose it already told me.Have if I remember mentioning the subject :?
Greetings to all: D

Triz's profile photo
Triz
03/11/2011 8:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, if you go to bed and get up with good values ​​and do not wake up with any hypoglycemia symptoms, surely the dose of Lantus is well regulated and you will be fine at night.The problem of nights is greater with children, and with insulins that make a peak at midnight, such as NPH.
Greetings: d

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/11/2011 10:10 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Do you sleep without measuring after dinner?Well, I would be unable to go to sleep without knowing how I have glycemia, it seems to me that it is one of the most important measurements since you are going to spend many hours without measuring you.And from time to time it is important to see how you are during the night, about 3 in the morning but if you are very stable and you get up well it is not so necessary.
I have always made a minimum of 4 measurements a day but since I have bomb I make the full profile every day, at least, it is essential to measure the glucose if you want to carry good control.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/11/2011 10:14 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.