Insulin is click on the hospital lobby

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/15/2011 4:03 p.m.

The insulin is click on the hospital's lobby for not facilitating a private room
Link

Juanma Pérez Rodríguez, a 53 -year -old diabetic, had no choice but to take out the insulin cartridge, the needle and prick the first daily dose in the middle of one of the lobby of the new La Fe hospital, before the inability of the counter staffInformation to indicate a space to click more private and hygienic than services.

The patient had come first of the hour to make an analysis and an ultrasound.As for both tests, he was advised to be fasting, in the middle of the morning
His blood glucose levels had risen to 350 so he had to inject insulin and immediately eat.

The patient, who is waiting for a liver transplantThat he went to the laboratory to ask if he could do it there.

"I didn't want to be from the mint to the Mecca, so I chose to prick in the middle of the lobprovide me with a place to inject myself »

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/15/2011 4:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

SENSATIONALLY LIE THE NEWS ...

He tells it as if clicking on a public site were something atrocious and inhuman:-/: shock:

I respect someone's intimacy desires, but they liked services or wanted to go to the laboratory (5 minutes walk ...) because I don't know what I wanted: or

On the other hand, without eating anything and puts on 350 ... it means that or does not have basal or not put it: shock:

DiabetesForo
03/15/2011 4:08 p.m.

I say that, what problem is in clicking on the lobby?: Shock:

DiabetesForo
03/15/2011 4:52 p.m.

In fact it seems more normal for a person to click on a hospital than in the middle of a concert (for example at the height of the news).

Lew's profile photo
Lew
03/15/2011 5:57 p.m.

Well, it seems like me to complain.

On the other hand, without eating anything and puts 350 ... means that or does not have basal or does not put it: shock:

If he got up high and his tests were delayed quite a long time can be easy in high values ​​especially if that adds the "stress" of going to a hospital to do medical tests and on the other hand:

The patient, who is waiting for a liver transplant (...)

If your liver is not like that it is not so crazy about the high values ​​(Bad liver, take other medications) is something to add to lifting high, "stress" of going to a hospital, delay in the tests ...

Although I agree that the news is written a bit in a sensationalist plan.

DiabetesForo
03/15/2011 8:34 p.m.

Well, I don't see anything wrong with him in the lobby of a hospital.In fact, I see a little tquismiquis, not being able to prick the services if you do not want to prick one in public.Go into the service, if it can be a bit uncomfortable, but it can always be done in the lababos area, which you also have where to support the bag, ball cap ... etc.

Clicking, with our condition, must be something natural and that there is no reason to hide.If, maybe, you have to keep some respect for those people who do not like to see the needles, that's why I go to the toilets.But in 5 months of diabetes that I carry, I have already punctured on the street several times, in a cafeteria that had the broken services, in a bullring, and yesterday in a movie theater ...

DiabetesForo
03/16/2011 6:25 a.m.

From this news there are many things that find it "even funny" but the one that most, with much difference is:
"His blood glucose levels had elevated to 350 so he had to inject insulin and immediately eat"
If these journalists are well informed .....: x

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
03/16/2011 7:57 a.m.

It may seem normal to complain about the delay.Health personnel should take into account their circumstances as a diabetic patient ... but the injecting insulin into the hospital, sincerely seems absurd to complain about that.I don't know about you, but I have injected insulin millions of times in bars, restaurants, faculty ... and even in front of other people when I go to party and everything is full.The insulins of now are nothing devastating (not like those of the 80s that they have told me, fortunately I do not know, they even had to sterilize with hiving water ...).The ball shape is very comfortable, the needle is lowercase and the injection time does not exceed 15 seconds ... In addition, a hospital could be the "most consistent" place in which insulin can be put;Not as in an XD disco

ManuLC92's profile photo
ManuLC92
03/16/2011 5:50 p.m.

Or a bathroom, which is a rather unhealthy area (although I always usually go to the bathroom to click).

Lew's profile photo
Lew
03/17/2011 11:25 a.m.

With a ball clicking anywhere is simple, fast, safe and without major problems ... in my almost two years I have punctured in many sites, I do not short a hair, I do not care a restaurant, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar, a bar,a concert ... where need.And measure myself already .............. When I need it, this is, I don't hide.

The delay in the evidence is to complain, but in a generalized way, not especially for being diabetic.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
03/17/2011 12:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.