Controls!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/15/2011 4:34 p.m.

Hello!They are already years of diabetes, but in the last times I overwhelm me a lot, I suppose I am more aware of my illness than when I was smaller.I think that in general I am quite controlled (I am never completely controlled I think), but I am very overwhelmed by my controls, I try to adjust both the measures that I often end with hypoglycemia, and when I see hyperglycemia (of these of 300 thatYou say Joderrrrr!)

To make an idea:

SATURDAY: Tomorrow and noon with good controls, in the afternoon hip.a night 230 or so, I left all night, at 2 in the morning 170, at 4 160, at 6 150 and at 7:30 KI lie down 237, two fast, and I get up on Sunday with 137. All morning, at eating 200 and little, from there all day.Monday morning 170 I believe, at a little high noon, 200, I exercised, total, at night Hip.After dinner at two o'clock, ate and today in the morning 87. At noon, a couple of hours before eating, I am, 170, I put a fast unit to adjust and reach food with hiccups (but whatHost..jaja!) After eating 70 and little, merging more, I wait for a while, I put 3 units of fast and result?320 at dinner time :(

What do you think?I overwhelmed me a lot.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/15/2011 4:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Ander!Tell us what treatment you have and the time you put the slow, to see if we can help you adjust a little better and that you do not need so many corrections. Do you calculate the rations of hydrates?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/15/2011 4:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Let's see!I put the slow morning, before breakfast, and at dinner time.I use Novorapid and Levemir.I already tell you that the hemoglobins I have are fine, but one always wants more, and Jo overwhelms me very much when the matter is unbalanced, and sometimes I go.I am almost afraid of the glucometer, I swear (that does not make me avoid measurement, but the opposite, I measure me number of times).And no, I do not calculate the rations of hydrates, I guided myself for my sixth sense haha, sometimes successful, sometimes not ... I am thinking of making a notebook with the meals and days, since I ultimately exercise regularly, and moreOr I do the same one Monday as the following, for example.So, it has occurred to me to make a notebook with the combinations of meals that you are doing.Thus, for example, if as macaroni and fillets, write down with which glucose I begin to eat, whether I have exercised or not and the amount I put on insulin.If I follow a routine, there will not be so many variables and I will achieve greater control, although not 100%.To the a few weeks I will have all the combinations, and looking at that I can guide me better and with less decompensations and ups and downs.What do you think?Clarify that as healthy and good, I measure 1'82 and weight about 75 kg, so in that aspect I am perfect.I will be open to any advice.Thanks for your regina answer: D

DiabetesForo
03/15/2011 5:08 p.m.

Ander Estate calm because you have very good treatment, you can only improve the pump.If hemoglobins are good, you can calmly study those hyperglycemia, which may be due to several causes.If you are 170, I don't think you need to correct ..., it seems that the dose of slow is fine.
A strong exercise can also raise blood glucose and produce hypos hours later.Go pointing to the values, intakes and activity you do, but, while we are good, quiet.: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/15/2011 6:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Ander, I TB.I was afraid of glucometer a long time:-/: Oops:
To write down what you eat and the controls is not a bad idea, anyway if they are good, more or less around 100, you will know that the basal you have well adjusted and if the posts are high or low you will know that you haveTo adjust the fast more, sometimes when you run a lot, you also enter a weird circle, high-correction-hypipo-source-high ... try not to put many variables in a few days until you adjust the guideline, and find the amount ofFast that you have to get a ration ... Do you know the diet for portions? If that is, you have it easy ... I give you an extract of an article for which it explains how to calculate it:

treatment in people with conventional insulin therapy and intensified treatment

The big difference between these types lies in adjusting the amount of fast or ultra -grape insulin according to the amount of food ingested, calculating what is called bolus by consumption and correction bolus.These adjustments allow flexibility in meals and their schedules.
Those who maintain conventional treatment must add injections, whether fast or ultra -grape insulin to maintain their stable blood glucose;While those who have intensified treatment will only change the dose.
Those people who are handled with NPH and make adjustments with crystalline, must do collations so that hypoglycemia in the periods of maximum action of the insulin NPH do not occur.If treated with fast or ultra -grape insulins, collations will not be necessary unless your medical team recommends them.

Insulin-carbohydrates ratio: It is the amount of rapid or ultra-grape insulin units that are required to metabolize so many grams of carbohydrates consumed by each meal.

Usually in adults the ratio is 1 fast or ultra -grape insulin unit for every 15 gr of carbohydrates.
In children it becomes 1 insulin unit every 20 or 30 gr carbohydrates.

This relationship depends on the sensitivity to insulin that each person has, to the presence of attached diseases, in weight and age.Even in some people it varies according to the time of day.
Since every person uses different doses there is a rule to define the relationship between what consumes per day and the number of units.
The rule to define the relationship would be: rule 500
The total insulin dose that the person receives in 24 hours a day is calculated by dividing by 500.
For example 500/40 = 12.5 It means that each insulin unit is metabolized 12.5 gr of carbohydrates.
From the calculation and observation of the behavior of blood glucose, the doctor or the treating medical team will determine the bolus by consumption of each particular person.

The person who performs it must keep control, registering meals and glycemic controls of at least three days to be analyzed, and thus know if the hydrates count is carried out well.

Here he talks about a ration of HC, S are 15 grams of them, although according to what places it can be understood that 1 RAC.There are 10 grams ... that's the least, we learned with this last rule and we continue to do so.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/18/2011 3:54 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello!Well first place thank you very much for answering.As for hemoglobin I usually walk around 7, but it can always be improved.What happens is that everything changes so much from one day to another that sometimes the matter catches you with the ass in the air haha.Without going any further I have spent 3 insulin in the afternoon to get to dinner well, to put on those 3 and arrive with 300, these last two or three days, without eating or drinking it haha.And maybe today puts me 5 or 6 and I find me that at dinner I am 50. They are the mysteries of Jjejej diabetes.Let's see if I can guide me a little with carbohydrates, I'm going to look at myself carefully to see what happens.It also happens to me sometimes about the exercises, that is, I am going to do some dominated and things like that, and sometimes when I return I am rather low, and then, as the afternoon passes, I may put 2 of insulin forDon't give me a low, and what happens?The next one I put more and gives low haha.What usually happens to me is that I try to adjust too much and sometimes I spend, today, I get home, I measured me the two hours since I had done the middle morning and I meet 240. I say: I wear one offast and go for a bike.The one of an hour arrived home and Pam 60.

Thanks for the answers: D

DiabetesForo
03/18/2011 9:05 a.m.

By the way, what is that continuous meter?I have seen it in your firm hehe.I spend too many strips ... :))

DiabetesForo
03/18/2011 9:06 a.m.

Ander, perhaps what you have adjusted whet is the basal, instead of fast ... What figures do you usually wake up? You have to look good if the high or low figures are before meals or later ... in the firstCase will tell you that it is the lantus that fails and in the second one that would be the quick ... having well adjusted the basal will be easier to adjust the rest ....

The continuous meter is a connected sensor still transmitting that is inserted subcutaneously and makes measurements that wirelessly send to a receiver every few minutes ... inconvenient: it is invasive and expensive ... more information you can search for it in this forum in the pump sectionOf insulin.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/22/2011 5:24 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.