Contraceptives and diabetes

Bylma's profile photo   03/22/2011 6:13 p.m.

Hello compis !!!

8 days ago I am taking Tryagynon that it is a contraceptive, to control the rule since I had not seen it for 5 months ... as the endocrine says for the stress that I am happening.

The fact is that since I am taking them I notice that I am very decompensated to the discharge!I have almost constant hyperglycemia, eating the same and even putting some more units :?

Has anyone happened to ???Will it be related ???

What experience do you have with this?

Bylma's profile photo
Bylma
03/22/2011 6:13 p.m.

Debut 2010,Tipo I.Apidra+Lantus. Glico 7,3% :(

If you need more insulin, put it on, until you set values.With contraceptives the dose of insulin can rise a bit, but not much.
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/22/2011 7:42 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello:
My experience with oral contraceptives (already of many years) is that it does not affect me glycemia.
You say you have a lot of stress so it is more likely to be that.Even so, look at the compressed components (in the prospectus it says that it has sucrose, but does not specify the amount - that in a minipastilla like that it must be almost minimal-).
Mind yourself and calculate, especially the values ​​of after taking the tablet (at 2 or 3 hours) .IIt is to blame.
Greetings

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
03/23/2011 7:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ana82, the problem of contraceptives is not the glucose that can wear the minusculat pill, is the chute of homonas (less and less) that it supposes for the body.I have been drinking for many years and, but I remember badly, I had to get the insulin a little when I start taking them

tica's profile photo
tica
03/23/2011 9:24 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I know, ethical, but with these new contraceptives the hormonal contribution is minimal, so the hyper that she has throughout the day cannot be due to the pill (yes, those after taking it but not the remaining ones).

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
03/23/2011 10:29 a.m.

Do not believe, if they produce alterations, after all you leave ovular ... especially before taking the pill, the days before the rule was lowered by the glycemia and days with the rule I had methat low the basal a lot because otherwise I was with continuous hypoglycemia.It is very possible that the hyperglycemia it has throughout the day is because with the anti -concepts it reduces testosterone (I know it is a male hormone, but women also have it in a much smaller amount) apart from other hormones that will also be seenAffected by contraceptives, and that's why metabolism changes something throughout the day ...

tica's profile photo
tica
03/23/2011 11:31 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

As we know, each diabetes is a world and something that does not affect me at all can affect you a lot.
I am sure that you are right but I still think that these glycemic variations are more for that stress than by the contraceptive.
Greetings.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
03/23/2011 12:01 p.m.

Extracted from the prospect:
ACOs can alter peripheral resistance to insulin and glucose tolerance.There is no evidence that it is necessary to alter the therapeutic regime in diabetics that use low dose (with & lt; 0.05 mg of ethinilestradiol).However, diabetic women should be carefully monitored while taking an ac.
Triagynon can decrease the effect of oral anticoagulants, analgesics (such as paracetamol and salicylates), fibrates (medications to reduce triglycerid levels and/or cholesterol), oral antidiabetics and insulin, and increase the effect of other drugs such as β-blockers(Metoprolol), theophylline (for asthma treatment), corticosteroids (such as prednisolone), cyclosporine (increasing the risk of toxicity for the liver), flunarizine (increasing the risk of dairy secretion).

AC is contraceptive ...

According to this, it is likely that the glycemia curve slows down and glycemia uploads later than usual ...

Given that, you have to make yourself, yourself, a study of your glycemia ... increase the number of self-analysis (minimum 8-9 a day) and point what you get.
The glucometer always commands.
I would control at 2,3,4 and 5 hours after each main meal ... at least for 4-5 days and taking into account the hydrates, proteins and fats that you eat.

With that data you will have more information and you can adjust your treatment.

Although the ideal is that your endo proposed a continuous meter ...:-/ and/ or make you a stricter follow-up.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/24/2011 2:37 p.m.

Thanks for all the answers first of all !!
So it is supposed to increase the need for fast?
Endo has told me that a continuous measurement is not very useful if I don't have a bomb ... although I don't see it such a bad idea!PQ sometimes I don't know what my body is doing and because there is a hyper ..
I have a couple of somewhat more controlled days ... even uncontrolled!
I have taken an appointment with the endo to see what he tells me !!

Bylma's profile photo
Bylma
03/24/2011 5:44 p.m.

Debut 2010,Tipo I.Apidra+Lantus. Glico 7,3% :(

The continuous meter, both for hospital use (Holter type) and home use, serve a lot to evaluate the different glycemia curves of each person ...
In certain cases they are very useful, provided you want to take advantage of, of course ...

It is assumed that with contraceptives, you need more insulin to make the same effect and/or that your post -complying glycemia curve is slower and more lasting

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/26/2011 7:45 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.