My educator

Consu's profile photo   04/05/2011 3:20 p.m.

Hello again.You surely know it, but I say it.Every time I go to my educator I learn something new.When I am low from sugar click on belly or arms, and when I am high, in legs or gluteos.I hope it serves someone.See you soon:-/

Consu's profile photo
Consu
04/05/2011 3:20 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Rather, is the other way around?;)

Although the latest studies point out that absorption is very similar in time, come on, there is not much difference between puncturing or gluteing for absorption.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/05/2011 3:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am like a goat, :)) I have it signed up, less bad.
High-Barriga or arms.
LOW-Piena or Gluteans.
I am in a way, that I have to sign up everything.I am a clueless, forgiveness and thanks Owash.: Oops:

Consu's profile photo
Consu
04/05/2011 4:44 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

What can also be done is if you are high, punctuate before eating, and even wait a little before starting.
And if you are low, click after eating or in the middle of the food.
Thus you can continue with the same rotation without having to vary by glycemia ...

DiabetesForo
04/06/2011 3:34 a.m.

Mine when I debuted told me the same about the areas and absorption times.Another thing that also told me that the Lantus always click on the buttocks.And I have done so during these 3 years.Lantus in Nalgas and Novorapid in belly or arms.I have never punctured my legs, it gives me a bit of repelús.

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
04/10/2011 1:17 p.m.

Hello everyone, I wanted to say a little thing, I think it's important.Surely you know that the needles are clogged, especially now that we have to use them more than once, I discovered it late, I have read that some people after puncturing at night, in the morning they are high, and I have thought that this couldbe a reason.It happened to me.Although it has been said in the forum, it is good to remember it.Thanks for being there.Greetings.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
04/18/2011 9:35 a.m.

Hello everyone, I wanted to say a little thing, I think it's important.Surely you know that the needles are obstructed, especially now that we have to use them more than once, I discovered it late, I have read that some somePeople after clicking at night, in the morning they are high, and I thought this could be a reason.It happened to me.Although it has been said in the forum, it is good to remember it.Thanks for being there.Greetings.

And what have I highlighted in red?
As much as the leaders of your community say it, breach the law is not something we should do ...

The Health Products Law forces the consumer to meet the use specifications indicated by the manufacturer ... If any nurse/doctor tells you to reuse the needles, kindly tell you that it puts it in writing with its name and its surnames ....

The needles, of normal, do not obstruct, logically if we use them 4-5 times in the end less insulin enters from which the chimney is closed ...)

DiabetesForo
04/18/2011 4:18 p.m.

Hi, since I have diabetes two years ago they have forced me, convincing me, to use the needles more than once, it was exactly the interference of my head doctor, who gave me the needles on accusations, and he told me that nothing happenedIf I click two or three times.Change the needle of each ball to the 3 punctures, I have already become accustomed to purge and look that do not obstruct themselves.Above all I look a lot that the needle does not rub with anything, if it plays even the clothes, the shot.
No one has told me to wear the needle once.I suppose it is because of the health cuts. What are given it to me?I don't know what to do.My educator told me not to happen to me, that with two pichazos there was enough.Now I use the needles of 5, which they say are for children.Well, they want to convince me that I use those of 8, again, that they are for adults, but I am very thin, and I get cardinals, with those of 8. In those of the 5 it says they are of a single use, and in those of the8 He puts nothing, you understand!: Shock: Take crises.Does this happen to nobody?

Consu's profile photo
Consu
04/19/2011 11:32 a.m.

I see that I am the fool of the boat, the only one to which this happens.I suppose it because you have not answered me, and I deduce that you all use the needles only once, use and throw.To another.;)

Consu's profile photo
Consu
04/21/2011 1:42 p.m.

Do not consume, you are not the fool of the boat ... In your particular case (which you have explained in another thread) it is normal that you are forced to use the needles only once because of the type of treatment you have:

Four injections per day (so far everything "normal", is a "normal" injections when you are with a treatment with multiple injections) but those four injections are with four different types of insulins (Novomix 70, Novomix 50, Novorapid andLevemir) If you mix the needles is a problem because you can "contaminate" the feathers/bolis you use.

This was one of the reasons why I told you in another thread that your treatment in addition to not being very normal has several problems:
Reuse of the material = problem.
greater number of insulins = greater possibility of confusing the type of insulin.
Commercial mixtures = very difficult to adjust well.

Returning to the theme of the possible reuse of material ... for the moment I already tell you that the analogues of slow action (Lantus or Levemir) do not mix with anything and the material with anything other than themselves is not reused.

If you are going to continue with that treatment (which seems to be prescribed by a stup -ond) to reuse the needles you should get with a case for each type of insulin you use (4 cases) and in each case you should put the pen/Insulina Boli with some needles, which only go to (re) use with the pen/ball of that case that way there would be no possibility of "pollution" of insulin feathers/bolis.

A more "normal" treatment in our day would be that you would use only 2 of the 4 types of insulin you have:
- Basal insulin = Levemir, two punctures a day (1 puncture every 12 hours).
- Insulina in bolo = novorapid, a puncture for each meal (breakfast / food / dinner).
It would be a basal-bolus treatment and not the "thing" that you have now that it does not seem to go very well if your glycosylated hemoglobins do not go out of eight.

But well ... either in one way or another to avoid problems of "pollution" of insulinre) Use with that pen/ball I think it's the best ...

DiabetesForo
04/21/2011 2:22 p.m.

Consu, of silly nothing ... You have no blame for the people who serve you are not professionals in their work or that their supervisors matter in the least the quality of life of the patients.
It was only on, on top of that, you would blame you that do not correspond to you.

I believe that a large majority of us, on occasion and more or less repeated, have suggested or commented that we reuse the needles or "we consume too much."
It usually happens that these situations depend on the person in charge of giving you the needles, if it is a normal person with whom you can speak, there are no problems, the logical reasons for not reuse and the subject is solved (usually).On the contrary, if the person is headed and puts himself in position of: "Yolose everything, you know nothing, you will not tell me how I will do my job ..." and other similar niceties, the thing is complicatedAnd you have to climb a step towards the superior responsible person ...

Perhaps, you could contact the Association of Patients in your area, to see if among all that aberration can be solved.

Risks related to the reuse of needles:

In my view, the main problems of reuse are the greatest pain and the possible shutter of the needle chimney (if there are remains of insulin or dirt inside the needle chimney, perhaps the entire dose does not arrive).

Regarding what TNT comments, it is true and logical, just as 2 insulins should not be pricked in the same area, the same needle for 2 different insulin types should also be used, which could even have different density.

DiabetesForo
04/21/2011 2:57 p.m.

Thanks for answering me, Owash and TNT,
There is no pollution, I explain: 4 punctures a day with four different insulins, I leave them, and do not change them until three days later, the four at the same time, in the respective bolis.I mean 4 needles every three days.I do not take out the needle from the ball to put another with different insulin.

I have read this in the Owahs link:
* Needle obstruction Some patients leave the needle on their insulin pen to reuse it in the following injection.However, when they leave the needle placed in the pen, the insulin that remains in the needle between injections can crystallize and create blocking, making it impossible to dispense insulin in the following injection.The safest way to avoid this problem is to remove the needle after each injection and place a new one at the right time to inject again.

This is what happens to me, my needle is blocked, because I don't remove them until I throw them out.But I have already said that I purged them, I assure me that insulin comes out, before the puncture. I am thinking that instead of three punctures every ball, I will put two punctures, that is, change the needles every two days.Not to say anything, because on top of all over, they take me mania, because nothing ...! Pomestic touches;)
Until June I do not know it, six months without knowing if I have improved or not.But well I'm fine, really, in my life I had taken care of me so much :)).
Thank you all.Adeuuu.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
04/22/2011 1:29 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaa,
I left the needle on the ball before, until one night in the curro I spoiled the ball and the whole insulin came out, now I do not reuse the needles either, by the way, that they already changed me brand, now I use the BD, they are much better than they are insufficient
Greetingsssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
04/23/2011 4:32 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.