Can a "healthy" person develop diabetes?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/29/2011 3:36 p.m.

To start Hi: D!

.. I present,
I do not have diabetes , but lately I am eating a lot of sugar, saturated fats, and "chucheria"/"sweets"/etc ...:-/:?

.. I know it's bad in excess ... and I try not to pass me, ... peeeeeeero:-/: oops:

Well,
Well, my question is If a person without diabetes, for not controlling their food, can develop diabetes :? :: ?:

... I understand yes, but I prefer that you confirm it to me (.. You sure know the subject much more than me: P)

... And well, once the "line" of developing diabetes, ... could it be reversible for this specific case?

-------------
P.S:
... I have ever noticed my heart as with a slight sensation of burning?(... I don't know how to describe it)
Could it be for the fats?Or for sugar?I remember that I am not diabetic

In case you need more data, I'm 23 years old, and I'm not fat
(I say this last why the text could induce you to think otherwise:-/ :)))
---------------

Well,
Thanks in advance to those who answer me: D

A last question:
Can lack of sleep benefit the appearance of diabetes?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/29/2011 3:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I have always been to eat few chucherias "and quite health) I doubt greatly that bad eating habits have something to do with DB 1 (which is initially called youth), perhaps with type II but come on, it is not typical of your age (perhaps if you had more than more than more than40) And less if you are not obese and exercise (you move, come on, it is not necessary to run a marathon a week).

The DB I has always been said that it is a hereditary and youthful diabetes, but here you will see that there are people with more than 40 who have told him, so that, it gives me that it is something similar to the irritable colon, atailor drawer where all non -gestational and chronic diabetes are put to which no apparent reason is found to have appeared.On the other hand, it is a genetic mutation that causes the body to "self -destruct", so it can stand up to many different opinions, from the psychology of the person to an external agent or hereditary problem, although, personally, also, also, also, alsoI believe that many things are associated with psychology due to mere placebo effect, so that the patient does not important to something that is not yet certain of why it happens.

In my case I have always associated it with stress (and that I tend to be a bit psychedrelyParasite not yet discovered (such as that famous stomach Helycobacter that until it was discovered caused so many problems) or some other unknown external agent (pollution, for example).

Lew's profile photo
Lew
04/30/2011 9:21 a.m.

Thanks for the answer Lew: D

I greatly doubt that bad eating habits have something to do with DB 1 (which is the one that was initially called youth),

Maybe with type II but come on, it is not typical of your age (maybe if you had more than 40) and less if you are not obese and exercise (you move, come on, it is not necessary to run a marathon a week).

Well, the truth is that I am not exercising:-/ (I do not usually play sports :? ... Maybe I would consider doing some exercise:? ..)

... But you say that type2 diabetes is not typical of my age ...

By the way, as a curiosity, what types of diabetes are there?
Type 1 (... according to you, almost almost a "tailor drawer": mrgreen:, and theoretically "hereditary")
Type 2 (.. Can you develop according to the person's habits? ... or does it appear "because if" (this has not been very clear to me ..:-/))
Type 3 (... which is not really a disease, but that it means that you are someone "close" to a diabetic (family member, friend ...)) is this like that, or am I inventing it ???:-/: p
Is there any more kind?

PS: Well, I guess I'm just a hypochondriac:-/ :)) :))
.. By the way, thanks for answering: D

DiabetesForo
04/30/2011 12:17 p.m.

Who knows.
It is true that it is not heard that no elite athlete is diabetic, so something should influence the quoted "healthy" life that you mean.
On the other hand, diabetic children generally have not given them time to take an uncontrolled diet/life, so that halo of mystery that all autoimmune disease worth its salt has, there is no one who takes it away from diabetes.
And apologizing for what I am going to say to those who know the most of the subject in this forum, (that more or less, they are all), I am to think that there are so many variants of the disease, as diagnosed diabetics there may be.And the same is not real, but at least doctors should think about this possibility, because there are enough, that they see the same.And I particularly, before this, I get frustrated.

greetings,

DiabetesForo
05/05/2011 3:41 p.m.

Arrobita, there are enough athletes with diabetes, in this thread we comment at the time: Diabetes/Famos-Con-Diabetes-T4775.html

By neglecting food, type 1 diabetes occurs, at least it has not been shown ...
Type 1 diabetes is well described, except its origin and motives.
It is known the genes involved and how to diagnose it.

By neglecting food, type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes can occur.
A weight gain (obesity) produces a work overload in the pancreas and an insulin resistance.
The direct relationship between obesity and type 2 diabetes is demonstrated.

It can also happen that there are type 2 diabetes without obesity.

DiabetesForo
05/07/2011 5:04 a.m.

Thanks for the Owash correction.
greetings

DiabetesForo
05/07/2011 12:39 p.m.

By neglecting food, type 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes can occur.
A weight gain (obesity) produces a work overload in the pancreas and an insulin resistance.
The direct relationship between obesity and type 2 diabetes is demonstrated.

It can also happen that there are type 2 diabetes without obesity.

interesting... :?

Do you know more information about it?
(even if it is a good link with good information about it ...)

Thanks for the info: D

DiabetesForo
05/07/2011 7:33 p.m.

Some links:

(This is a health education document of the Board Extremadura)

Link ... pdf001.pdf (this is a somewhat more technical document, where evidence and cardiovascular risk evidence

(study Code2, one of the best diabetes descriptors in Spain)

Link ... pdf001.pdf (This is one of the greatest studies on obesity in Spain)

DiabetesForo
05/08/2011 1:57 a.m.

Thanks for the info: D
... when I can take a look;)

DiabetesForo
05/08/2011 7:47 a.m.

Hello everyone, answering your question I will tell you that I have been a healthy Persine, I have always eaten everything, a lot of fruit and salads and my sweet desserts and in summer especially ice cream.
In my medical awards, I have always been recommended to monitor the levels of sugar because they are too low "65 - 70", I am the mother of two teenage children and I have not had gestational diabetes or the high sugar in any pregnancy.

And look where ..... without any family history or known reason, debut at the beginning of the year, so suddenly and without even imagining it.The doctor asked myself if I had been spinning to any stress situation or if it had had an important dislike, because something could destabilize the immune system, I do not remember anything traumatic.
They told me that I did not go around my head since the reason or why.
Now I adapt to my new situation DM 1 The best I can and learning a lot from this forum.

Greetings: d

Triz's profile photo
Triz
05/08/2011 9:29 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.