Take and take !!!

IMADIS's profile photo   05/05/2011 2:46 p.m.

I just wanted to share with all my happiness !!!!
This morning I had an appointment with the endo to see the last results of the glyc ...

DCTR: You are abusing my services.
Me: ein?
DCTR: Look at the monitor ... (Point out with the finger)
Me: 6.3 !!!!!!!OH REALLY????IT JUST CAN'T BE!!!!: P: D: O :)) 8)
DCTR: Congratulations, congratulations, so it is done ........

I no longer want the bomb, and he told me that for now and for a future of 10 years, let's continue like this!

Besides, I have provided insulin instructions to make high mountain, a report for the header.

Now the difficult thing is to keep it, the possible will be done.
Thanks to you, I also owe you.

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
05/05/2011 2:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

IMADIS, congratulations !!!He who follows her, gets her, of course !!! ... does not surprise me that you are happy ...
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/06/2011 4:14 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Very good, Jose, congratulations .... You have achieved it with your effort so the joy must be double.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/07/2011 4:56 a.m.

Congratulations, the effort is noted.

Aneto ....... North or South face?

Tips: Have some physical form (come on, you are a little trained), measure every hour during the climb (and eat something) and several glycemia during that day-night and next day.

When do you want to do it?I have the thorn nailed since years, the torch that I pye in the crows hill made us return half an hour of top.This summer I have a group that also wants to do it, and I still encourage them.

Luck.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
05/09/2011 11:36 a.m.

Hello, you can share those insulin instructions to make high mountain that has given you the endo ??????????????: Shock:

DiabetesForo
05/09/2011 12:56 p.m.

Hello good:
Well, answering the questions, in parts, I have not yet scheduled a date to make the ascent.But I would like to take advantage of the summer period.Before taking the big step, I want to try a few mountains for my community and near lower level, and try.I have never climbed the Aneto but because of the comments that I have been able to read online, and people who have gone there, it is not turkey mucus, and is very demanding.I practice swimming several days a week, and I like the mountain.I take this as a personal challenge, since there have been several people in my circle who have either laughed, or they have taken it to a joke.Not for that reason, I am so stupid as to endanger my life, that's why I want to prepare before.

As for the Endo advice.I asked him, since on some occasions, and depending on the stage of the day and the level of glucose, I do not sout me insulin before eating, and practicing 45 min.Swimming, I go very well.He advised me that for climbing it cannot be very successful, since the concentration of glucose in my body would make me feel more fatigued.I recommended me to lower the basal to 50% the previous day, and lower the rapid also to 50%, of my usual doses, of course.Try these changes, before venturing and making small adjustments until the measurement.Carry energy bars, slow absorption hydrates as cookies, and that on the next visit he would tell him the experience to see how he had gone.He told me to look at the meter specifications (Bayer USB contaur) for temperature issues.
This Sunday I am going to make a small escape from Minescalada to see how such a good breakfast, mountain boots, explorer, sandwich, hat and to have a good time, that I try to get out of the stressful city whenever I can.

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
05/12/2011 4:20 p.m.

hello!I never write in the forum, but I follow you, maybe I should have passed through the presentation forum, but I wanted to write on this topic, which interests me.
First congratulations on that hem!I hope to improve mine.
I love the mountain, climbing and all kinds of sport that has to do with the natural environment: D
I climb the same as the rest, I get tired just like the rest, and yes ... I have my descents from time to time ... In those cases it is time to stop, take sugar, rest for a while and sure, of course it is best to avoid them.
For me, the fundamental thing is to measure each one hours, depending on what you are doing, the previous measurement, and if you have fast insulin acting or not.Measure a lot allows you to know if you have to eat, or how long you can still rest, and avoid descent.
I have had drops, the result of not measuring enough, and on two occasions, they have been a bit strong.I was a little delayed from the group, and although I had been thinking for a while, "I should stop and eat something, but I'm still a little more and see if I reach the rest ..." In the end I warned the friend who had closer and told her that I hadTo stop, but I had waited too much, and I almost didn't get my voice.He gave me an anguish attack, it was the shape of my body to tell me to stop, that I could not continue.Suddenly I could not breathe, I lacked the air, hyperventila, and I started crying.The good thing is that I am quite calm, and I knew that what happened to me was lack of glucose, so I stopped, I took sugar, a juice, I waited for a while, I measured, ate something ... I still spent a very bad time.Since then I measure me much more, I have continued to make a mountain and it has not happened to me again.
On insulin, I usually get something Lantus, but only a couple of units, the rapid breakfast is left the same, but because I usually have breakfast more than usual, it would be as if the rapid went down in half.
I usually carry fruit (bananas, are very fast to eat, when you don't want to delay the group) gels and glucose pills and bones (because I don't like the bars very much).Ah, and a juice or two, which is great.
I have ever frozen the glucometer in my backpack in winter exits, there it is time to heat it until it works again.Now what I usually do is carry a fannyry, forward and below the jacket with the glucometer and everything that I want to carry by hand, sugar envelopes, etc.
Recently I have climbed the Peñón de Ifach, in Calpe, a 250 m route!My first route of several lengths.There the experience was rather the opposite, because of adrenaline (I suppose) I had glucose all the time through the clouds.In the meetings (when you stopped in the wall) I measured me and put one or two insulin units, I did not dare to put on more for fear of a downturn, but still in the next one I was still high.I started having it more controlled from half.Well, I take note of the experience for the next occasion.But as an experience it was a pass, really.
I have also been going around Menorca in Kayak and Raba an island of Croatia, and last summer, doing cycloatrism by the Po Valley, from Milan to Venice, almost 700km of bike in 9 days.
With this, I want to encourage you to do everything you like, that diabetes is not a limitation, it only causes us to wear a larger bag (loaded with insulin, needles, strips and food!) Well, and that chip we carry in theHead that we cannot disconnect.
Courage with Aneto.I uploaded it from the reinclusa refuge.Very cool

bronik's profile photo
bronik
05/13/2011 7:56 a.m.

K BRONIK MACHINE!
Yes, there are no limitations with good control.It is my way of thinking.
Last Sunday I left with a colea from the curro to the mountain to climb a 2000 (Javalambre) and well, the one who went all the time behind was, coughing, spitting and sweating all the tobacco, asking to stop every 2x3 as a baby.Then I realized, that I was healthier and in a better way than my "healthy" colleague and than thanks to the diabetes that diagnosed me just over a year ago, now I take care of me, I left tobacco immediately, I have not returned toTry the fried, I didn't know what flavor they had the green "things", and my only sport was to bend to get the cabinet from the furniture.

In the work they nicknamed "Candyman" and I in a very good mood I follow the grace, contemplating how they smoke without stopping, or do not stop repeating that they see me very well because of the weight that I have removed, while they wear a splendid belly.In all winter I have constipated myself, while others have had a lot of bad.
Sometimes I consider myself, if they gave me the opportunity to take away the diabetes, what would I do?Thanks to her, now I take care of me and I am healthy, waiting every day that happens to be a daddy.

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
05/21/2011 7:54 a.m.

"asking to stop every 2x3 as a baby."

Mmmm .... how Edurne Pasabán, for example?
Andaaaaaaaaa, leave the "girls" alone: ​​D: D: D: D: D: D

DiabetesForo
05/22/2011 2:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.