Frequency in the change of insulin catheter.

Via's profile photo   05/05/2011 7:26 p.m.

Hello everyone.
I carry insulin bomb and when they put it to me, they told me that I could adjust the changes of 2 times a week, that is, a period would be 3 days and the next 4.
On my last visit with the endo, he recommended, I made the change of catheter at 3 days, without exceeding me, because it could be a cause of my bad glycemic controls.

My question: What is the frequency in the change of your cateters, between the insulin bomb?Have you noticed worse results if you spend the recommended 3 days?

Thank you.
Greetings.

Via's profile photo
Via
05/05/2011 7:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Via, everything depends on how you see the controls ... have you noticed that on the third day you have higher values?Where do you put the catheter? ... I tell you, my daughter lasts quietly and without any sequel to the skin 4 or 5 days.My husband if he has the cannula in the buttock up to 4 days without problems, but if he puts it on the gut at 2.5 days he is already working badly ... I know children who have to change it at 2 days ...That everyone has to do with their rhythm.They advise the change every 3 days, but as everything, this is variable depending on the user.
Another thing, are you very thin? What canula do you use 6 or 9 mm?
Greetings.
We are going to move this thread to the pump section, so that it is better located.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/06/2011 4:08 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I usually last 4 days, especially in the buttock, but if I see that the third day the controls go up I change it.It is true that when I changed my bomb in October, Medtronic's girl stressed a lot that we did not pass from 3 days, which was not convenient to abuse.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/06/2011 5:09 a.m.

Thanks Prado and Velia for your answers.

It has cost me a bit to locate the message again, because I was looking for it in the diabetes forum, and there are many issues about bombs, until I have gone to the general and rescued it.

Well, I answer in parts:
* Yes, I am thin and I use the 9mm cannulas.When at first they put it to me, I proposed because of 6mm.They looked at me with a certain "sneer", and they told me that those were for the children.¿,,?I have not proposed it again, but the truth is that I feel pain in insertion, which then disappears.But when I spend it badly it is with the insertion of the sensor.There are times that I stay paralyzed for a few moments for pain.It may be that I get some tendon or muscle, but the first 12 hours, I feel, most of the time very sore.
* Since January, I am putting - both the catheter and the sensor - on the thighs.The endo suggested, to see if I had better results, and less discomfort than in the gut, because I have little adipose tissue, they bothered me a lot.
Now, the sensor change, I leave it normally to go to sleep, because so, those first hours, I am at rest, and it seems that I lift me barely.
* Yesterday, the catheter, I put it in the buttock, at the top near the thigh.It cost me a little more work to turn, the pain TB was strong, but then, it has let it upset.
* The best thing is that today has been, I think, the day with better results, since I am with a bomb and of course since years, because I have been almost all day with unusual values ​​for me _ the highest 220, afterof breakfast, when usual is around 300 or exceeding them_
Then, at the time after finishing the food, I have had a 66 hicc.
* For my tremendous instability and decompensation, I cannot appreciate whether or not the glycemia are worse from the 3rd day of the catheter, because they are always bad.
* I think that Friday's stability, it may be due to modifications in the basal and ratios that we made in the last consultation and today, the sensor and capillary values ​​were very close, very close (nothing of 120, 140 and up to 200 of a difference betweenthey)

Tomorrow I have to change sensor, and I wanted to tell you, Velia, some recommendations that you gave me in your answer.But I will do it in the other section, because this will be endless.
Thanks Prado and Velia for being there.
Ciao

Via's profile photo
Via
05/06/2011 8:20 p.m.

What mania that the 6mm catheters are for children: Evil: ... Well, I've been using them for 6 years and I have stopped being a girl :)) :)), instead of saying those bullshit why I don't knowThey set a little more in the physical constitution of each patient?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/07/2011 6:39 a.m.

I endure the catheter 3-4 days, and well, I do not notice any variability .... What I have not tried is to put on the catheter in the culete ... I do not know, it gives me fear ... I imaginethat there when sitting (I work sitting) you have to throw a lot. Or I know, I start imagining, that the pompis when sitting, a pelin is tense, and maybe with it the catheter folds ... :))that jaleos do ... for now I have only dared in the gut ...:-/

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
05/08/2011 5:52 p.m.

Hello, my 8 -year -old daughter has the bomb and I do believe that if the glycemia values ​​can be exceeded, especially in summer, because with high temperatures the insulin may lose qualities.

carpa's profile photo
carpa
05/10/2011 8:24 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.