During sleep, the isig value of the low sensor

Via's profile photo   05/06/2011 9:43 p.m.

I have proven for several nights, as while an alert for a planned decline, interrupted my dream, I made me get up quickly to make me a hair measurement, resulting in a false alarm.

As I did not give credit to why my sensor was suspended and marked values ​​below 50, even at 40, while my meter quietly reflected the 110 or 125, my fear of which the measurement was bad, repeated it again within a few minutes, maintaining, maintaining,Similar values ​​in the gluco.
I tried to relax and sleep, but for a short time, because the alarms - not alert - happened, and repeat again.
The sensor was not in its end, or poorly connected or invisible, but I did repaired - on several occasions that the ISIG value (the one that measures the intensity of the transmission between the minilink and the pump) was 8, .. Ò 10, ...
When I woke up, I was higher, but not like the rest of the day with values ​​greater than 20. As I started the daily routines of the day, it is a happy Isig factor acquired normal values.

My questions:
* Has something similar happened to you?
* Could the ISIG descent and false alarms be related?
* Pq that descent during sleep?(The bomb was subject to the pajamas and did not varied the position in the first moments when I got up, however, if its transmission intensity varied).
In the last consultation, I exposed this fact to the endo: he looked at me, looked at the nurse;Both directed a stranger look and passed to another point.
Of course, I stayed with the same doubt and thought that maybe some fog@ you have more than add a simple elevation of eyebrows.

*** Strange thing, I am writing this message from the bed and I just looked at the ISIG and is at 39.20 !!!Neither so much, nor so bald !!!!
The user guide says that the value must be between 24 and 29 and if not, the local representative is communicated.

***** Come, now, check yours to see if it is in rank or out of rank !!!!
Happy Finde.
Ciao

Via's profile photo
Via
05/06/2011 9:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think you are confusing concepts, Isig's range between 24-29 is if you test with the plastic pot that comes in the box, to see if the transmitter works perfectly, it is like a control test, it has nothing to do withWith daily functioning.How the sensor works: the sensor impregnated in an "substance" reacts to contact with the glucose present in the interstitial fluid by sending an electric current to the transmitter, this in turn converts said "electrical voltage" (ISIG) through the software for the effect,In a glucose value.Why do you have to calibrate?Because the machine needs an initial reference value that associates the ISIG with concrete blood glucose, and that is why we must continue to calibrate to maintain this "reference" like any machine, well not explain it is a matter of engineering.
My son carries the same system as you, a year ago, calibrated properly is very reliable, you also have to know how to understand the system has a 7 -minute decalage (difference of time), I mean the blood glucose that shows you will be that of 7 minutes ago 7 minutes ago(approx.).I am surprised that in Medtronic they have not told you what I just wrote, because I have always explained the technical functioning very well and they have answered my doubts.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/08/2011 7:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.