I ask for tips for the issue of continuous glucose meters

gilabeni's profile photo   05/14/2011 3:54 p.m.

Hello, good afternoon, nights or mornings.

I have been with bilirubin for 5 years that we have or with the travel compi that gives a disgust.

I fought with social security endocrine, have changed insulin, meters etc .. etc .. and this is not going.They gave me the glys around 8, but I have been a year and a half that not low from 10 even reaching values ​​of 12 which has caused me retinopathy.

I have been for 6 days a continuous glusocsa meter and I have seen several improvements.

Problems I had:

1.- As a pilgrim of The path of Satniago, every time I put 200. And after rest I didn't even lower me or anything.Or when I'm going to walk above all.

2.- Being studying, with the computer, etc ... it also went up.

3.- Another curiosity that me the educator or emfermera told me that I had to weigh less than 70 kg since average 1.65, etc ... and the most curious thing is that the glyd had better when we weighed more than 72Kg and Cuano was with 66-69 I have come to have 12, and on top of that he respected the diet strictly.

4,.With the meter that have lent me (Medtronic Guardian 7100) I have seen that at the meals I reached 120-150 and with the lifescan there were some variation between 30-60, and that I have been 3 days.Which is why the dowers always gave me, because since the lifescan marked me more, I made me more insulin.

5.- I have worked in a 24 x 7 shifts and the weirdest thing that was the best turn, then late and very bad tomorrow.

Now, I am quite interested in the issue of the meters, so I have seen in the forum you advise Dexcom and Medtronic.Now comes the fat Jijijij I will request it from the endo, because I see that with this system I see that some food rises faster than with another.

The question is that I don't know which one can be the best.In a health question, and I am not tiraduros, for me it is the most important.how much the sensor lasts, if I could buy it on my own, etc. .. Let's see if you clarify any little thing of these.

If I remember more things I will put it.

Forgive for the parrafada.

Thank you very much and Salu2.

gilabeni's profile photo
gilabeni
05/14/2011 3:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello friend, I have the dexcon and I can talk to you wonders, although right now I go to work and I don't have time, but later I tell you.That if recommended one hundred percent.
All the best

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/16/2011 1:04 a.m.

Holasss

At the moment there are no more meters in the market than the Dexcom and that of Medtronic ... so there is no more to choose from.
They are not financed by Social Security except very very exceptions.

You can never compare a continuous meter with a "traditional" glucometer ... the first measures the interstitial fluid of the cells and the second measures certain blood values ​​... There are 2 different things.

In the thread below this you have experiences, prices etc

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/18/2011 4:12 p.m.

Very good, I do not answer you yet, because you ask me how much the sensors last and I still cannot tell you, until it is spent .... What I can tell you is that it is great.I can't write how much my life has changed (the better).Well ... economically worse, hehe but that now is not my greatest concern, hehe I would like you to see my glucose curve, I do not believe it or me, I am looking forward to the glycosilada, hehe and we think everything with aNormal life, almost without limitations.
Greetings and if you can catch the meter !!

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
05/19/2011 6:29 a.m.

Well, as I have seen that the continuous glucoa meter has gone well, I am speaking like Medtronic to see how it.

Dexcom has badly Ervico Potvent because I have seen in forums.I'll tell you.

1 I have had it and I have left pearls.

Salu2.

gilabeni's profile photo
gilabeni
05/19/2011 10:22 p.m.

Well, I tried to contact Medtronic twice and I'm still waiting for the answer.

Bad luck, I guess.

falconwings's profile photo
falconwings
05/20/2011 7:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.