{'en': 'Possible rotary shifts problems in diabetes control', 'es': 'Turnos rotativos posibles problemas en control de diabetes'} Image

Possible rotary shifts problems in diabetes control

felix's profile photo   05/14/2011 4:39 p.m.

Hi, I'm new in the forum, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Felix.

I would like someone to answer me about several doubts that I have.

1st I am 49 years old I am an insulin-dependent diabetic since the age of 19.

I have always worked in the same company due to rotating shifts in the morning and night until approximately 5 years ago that I took my rotating shifts and they always left me on the same turn of 6.00 to 14.00h, on the medical recommendation of the company's staff.

But now they want to return to rotating shifts and I would like to know if there is law or regulations collected in a statute that prevents them from putting them in shifts since to carry the controls and guidelines it is much more difficult to achieve and therefore the ups and downsGlucose will be much more frequent.

Thank you and greetings Felix.

felix's profile photo
felix
05/14/2011 4:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Holasss

Because there is no specific legislation (unless in your collective agreement puts something) that value diabetes as a cause of positive discrimination, that is, that by having diabetes you can be entitled to certain working conditions.

All you could do is comment on the case with your endocrine and issue a report that specifies that this type of work day affects diabetes control.
That report should be sent to the Occupational Risk Service and deal with the issue with them.
The valuation of jobs especially affects irregular schedules, individual pathologies and the presence of complications.

As you do not have a legal basis, in practice you depend on the goodwill of the bosses ... Keep in mind that if you are in an internal reorganization process, and they grant you what you ask you will be creating a precedent with your classmates and that mayIt could cause problems.

I spend a link: Link ... tp_260.pdf

There is 1 book: diabetes, clinical, labor and legal impact of the disease.
Authors: Carlos Sanchez Juan and Mª Teófila Vicente Herrero
Lettera Editorial.
ISBN: 978-84-936410-7-8

Although on the issue you raise does not deepen too much.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/15/2011 4:59 a.m.

Thank you Owash, not in my agreement there is nothing collected. But thank you again.

felix's profile photo
felix
05/16/2011 4:26 p.m.

You can look at the possibility whenever they do not have inconvenience to make changes with other partners who may prefer certain shifts.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/24/2015 5:01 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

luvi said:
you can look at the possibility as long as they do not have changes with other partners who may prefer certain shifts.

When you see a post without date you click the user and tell you the last time he was active in the forum and you know more or less when it can be, in this case it is 2011.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/24/2015 5:23 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

What a fabric then ... come on the man can be retired ... Sorry

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/24/2015 5:39 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Hello everyone, I have a question: in the company where I was work with the rotating shifts and I got it well, by decision of this I was changing only tomorrow and I do not make life;Is there any law that the company is forced to change to that turn and can not just take my nights?Thank you very much in advance

miñambres's profile photo
miñambres
01/15/2016 8:29 p.m.

If you do not have any disability recognized, you are in the same working conditions as others.
Why does the morning come so bad?What insulin schedule do you have?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/16/2016 3:27 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Having disability or without having it, it is not worth it at all.They don't let us use that excuse.The only thing that ruled the opposite case would be a judge, but you are not entitled first

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/17/2016 7:16 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

A shame!"They had never discriminated me for being diabetic until I wanted to oppose"
Link
It would have to flood the websites of political parties with parliamentary representation of complaints, so that they worry a little more about us and a little less of them

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
01/19/2016 9:13 a.m.

Hello.I tell you my case.I worked in a starting company.Then, due to circumstances that do not come to the case, they put several workers with my same day to work in rotary shifts.

It was a job with enough physical demand and carried my diabetes well for more than a year like that.Until the same day.That day I returned home on duty at night.I did the typical, insulin, strong breakfast (like dinner) and go to sleep until eating.I was alone at home.

The next thing that happened is what others tell me because I remember anything.My sister called me home at 2:00 p.m.And she detected because of my way of speaking that I wasn't good.He called my wife and 112. And they were the ones who revived me.I had a fat hypo as I slept and only God knows how I would have ended if I did not answer that call between dreams and disorientation.

I was low a week or so until I recovered and stabilized.

In the root of the facts, everyone asks what happened and there is an investigation.The doctor of the extensive and mutual health surveillance service, which were the same company, prepared a report that said I could not make nights.After that, the company returned me to my previous departure day.And I kept working normally until I found another job better many years later.

The company was lucky that I did not happen to me there.But still, they had responsibility in that crisis.If it is already difficult for a normal person, carrying breaks and meals well being in a night shift, for a diabetic it becomes a risk situation would be and added for their health.

And since everyone wants to "cure in health", any doctor starting with the health surveillance of companies, they must do something similar.If they put you in nights or force you to make nights, they put you in a risk situation against your health and are hitting a foot.

If you do not want to lift Polvareda, eat it in your next medical review that you are diabetic and that the night shift creates an lack of control in your treatment, and that it records the report.And he already has it.If they are going to turn to you at night before the review, inform the company that this can cause you a health problem in your treatment and that the surveillance or mutual service can be confirmed.

I hope I have helped you.

kiriko's profile photo
kiriko
01/16/2021 8:24 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.