Children's Diabetes on Facebook

afshaw's profile photo   05/17/2011 8:23 p.m.

Hello everyone:

I have been looking for Facebook pages on children's diabetes and I was surprised by the little number of pages that are and even more the low number of followers they have.
In fact, I have seen (2 or 3) one that seems more interesting to me

Child diabetes exists

From here I encourage you to make a fan of this page so that we all be more and make more strength and get our voice further.

Greetings to all,

afshaw's profile photo
afshaw
05/17/2011 8:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If I say it before ...

Today I discovered another page about children's diabetes on Facebook.Is called:

Children's Diabetes

It is an initiative of a group of nursing students from Alfonso X El Sabio University.

From this page they intend to help families with diabetic children, to provide information about the disease and its consequences.

Of course, I am still surprising that this type of pages so few followers (20 counting with me), so from this forum I encourage you to join this initiative and among all we can make it bigger.

Crowse for this other new initiative.

afshaw's profile photo
afshaw
05/18/2011 8:15 p.m.

It is not for anything but the world does not revolve around social networks, Facebook is only one of the many social networks that exist and being in a social network with many "friends" or "followers" means nothing or implies anything.

Taking into account that the vast majority of Facebook groups are messing (I could put here some examples of "horny" groups but surely if you use Facebook you do not need any example that demonstrates what I just said;)) I even think (personal opinionmine) that it is worse to have something "serious" on Facebook and entering other things ... the "wall" of Facebook is a very uncomfortable means to communicate, much more uncomfortable than for example a forum (which is the means in whichwe are).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/18/2011 8:56 p.m.

Hi TNT,

First above all, your opinion, but you will also understand that I can comment differently.

Obviously, on Facebook, as in other social networks there are many groups that are "messing" as you say, but I can assure you that there are quite more than they are not.

Social networks are born to allow people who are not physically close to being and sharing information, experiences, ideas ... in an easy and simple way.

When I refer to the number of "fans" (misused term by my part), I mean people who support this cause, initiative or whatever you want to call it.Having many followers, friends or fans or whatever you want to call it, in case, obviously it has no relevance.What will help me that a page about children's diabetes had a million people who like if they do not interact, participate or provide information?You are welcome.What I am looking for is that people, as in this forum, can have a reference site to go on social networks and in which to be in contact with many other people who are in the same situation and thus be able to findAnswers, share experiences or concerns or what they need at that time.We do not like or not, at the moment there are many more people in social networks than in the forums, and therefore that is why there are so few initiatives in this regard.

I am a regular user of social networks, much more than forums, and that is why I usually move more on Facebook than around here.You will understand that for me it is easier to be able to share a concern, a doubt or an idea through the social platforms than in a forum, since it is where I am regularly.

For me, forums, blogs and social networks, as well as Twitter are complementary means and do not have to be exclusive.Each one has advantages and inconveniences, but for me there is no better than another.

Anyway, I thank you for your comment and I hope to see you one day on Facebook ;-) is a joke.

afshaw's profile photo
afshaw
05/19/2011 10:34 a.m.

As in all places there are always good and bad things, the Internet is not going to be less, but everything that serves to disseminate information about diabetes welcome, thanks Afshaw for passing the information.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/19/2011 11:53 a.m.

This is Prado.There is everything, as in the Lord's vineyard, and some may not like it and not others, but what is a reality is that today, the number of users that Facebook has in Spain does not have any other digital platform,And we have to take advantage of to make us hear and clear.

Greetings

afshaw's profile photo
afshaw
05/19/2011 12:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.