Total uncontrol

annasira's profile photo   05/22/2011 4:08 p.m.

I am type2 diabetics I have been insulin for 9 months but I think I just had the point
I have 175 glycemiah and after eating up to 250 to all this I find myself
fatal.I put 36 of Lantus and Humalog what needs more metformin 1-0-1 and nothing true is that I move little but if I go for a walk with 170 I have hypo (sweat, tremors, dizziness) that you advise me?

annasira's profile photo
annasira
05/22/2011 4:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have type 2 diabetes and have 9 months with insulin but did you have another diabetes treatment before starting insulin or have you started directly with insulin?

I am surprised that you have a basal insulin (lantus) another for meals (humalog) and that you are also metformin, I am missing metformin, if you are of type 2 but with complete dependence on insulin (bone, treatment just like aType 1) With the two insulins it should be enough.

You have some somewhat high glycemia values ​​(it will have to regulate the doses of those insulins a bit) but I do not believe that this discomfort you say you have for those glycemia, the discomfort can come through metformin, an incorrect dose of metformin.
Metformin is not very useful if you have complete dependence on insulin and can cause discomfort ...

Comment who takes you (your primary care doctor or an endocrine doctor).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/22/2011 4:26 p.m.

Wow now you have left me intrigued
I tell you, I have morbid obesity and I will be intervened by by-pass gastric
At the end of the year, I must have the diabetes very controlled
I am diabetics 2 years ago, I started with metformin and was insufficient
They passed me to the byetta and I was doing well but I had tremendous diarrhea
So in the end they put me lantus+humalog+metformin
The endocrine takes me and the last time I was very good (the analytics) but now I am
uncontrolled true is that I started working that can be?

annasira's profile photo
annasira
05/22/2011 4:38 p.m.

They may have prescribed metformin by the problem of obesity (with full dependence on insulin only metformin in cases of insulin high resistance or obesity problems).

The problem of discomfort.

Diabetes is going to be difficult to control as long as you weight, gastric By-Pass will help a lot for diabetes to be easier to control, but while that operation comes you will have to regulate insulin doses, you may have to go upThe doses.

If you have the body accustomed to high blood glucose values ​​by increasing the doses of insulin and gradually lowering those stockings may not be noticeable of hypoglycemia without really being in hypoglycemia values, it is important to also monitor those glycemia (doing minimum 6Daily controls, all pre-comidas and all post-comments, perhaps some at dawn and also if you feel bad).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/22/2011 5:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.