{'en': 'New and crowded', 'es': 'Nueva y acojonada'} Image

New and crowded

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/28/2011 6:09 a.m.

Hello everyone!!

My name is Laura, I am 23 years old and I am Type 1 diabetic for less than a week (I had 381 blood glucose).I have assimilated it, I am treating myself and everything seems to go well but I need to talk to people in my very situation that helps me see that I can really lead a normal life.

The truth is that I am very scared because they have told me that I can lose consciousness etc etc, does anyone happen to anyone?How can I avoid it?I am afraid to bring the diet, control and insulin well and that things still do not do well.

Is it normal to see blurred?And have nausea sometimes?

Goodu, I hope you help me to happen normally.

A kiss !!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/28/2011 6:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Laura, welcome to the forum !!!
First, tranquility ... As you see in my signature I am the mother of a 13 -year -old girl, who suffers from diabetes from 5 years old, and there is, like the one that most, with her controls and care, but I assure you thatmaking a completely normal life.
To do this, the first thing, try to see you the dietitian, or the diabetologist, to show you a little about the rations of carbohydrates, the quantities, etc ... it is very important to have a good formation in that field.... With regard to the loss of consciousness, it is usually consistent of a downturn, or of a kept kept ... but it is not so easy that that happens if you frequently control your sugar level and follow the marked guidelines ..So it was fears, learn everything possible to you (for this this forum is a mine), and ask what you need, that we will try to help you ...
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/28/2011 6:34 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much Velia !!!=) I am taking it naturally and philosophy, we have no choice, but when I stop to think.I strict diet and in a week I have gone 3 times to the endocrine that has told me will dosing the information little by little.So for the moment I am expectant, everything is new and strange ...

Thanks for help.See you here!

DiabetesForo
05/28/2011 6:37 a.m.

Holasssssss

Welcome to Matrix: Mrgreen:

Shortly after debuting it is usual to see something blurred due to hyperglycemia you have had for some time, when you normalize blood glucose that should happen.

Regarding the loss of consciousness, it occurs in very few cases ... you have to do a lot of donkey, not to eat, not measure yourself, not be attentive to the signs of the body ... Yaún it is difficult to lose consciousness.

The nausea, I don't think it has anything to do ...

Normal life you will do, as normal as it is to measure 6-8 times glycemia a day, inject insulin 3 or 4 times a day and count rations of carbohydrates every time you eat ... surely none of your friends do it, so my normal is not :)) But yes, you will be able to do everything you set for difficult or impossible for you to now seem.

DiabetesForo
05/28/2011 1:27 p.m.

:) Thanks for the spirits Owash!You leave me much quieter, the truth, I already saw me comatosa and my mother trying to put on the injection.
I carry the diet well but I am looking forward to a little more court to eat diabetic sweets!
See you here, greetings!

DiabetesForo
05/28/2011 5:52 p.m.

Welcome Laurenxi!
At first it is normal for you to be scared, I have been with the friend for year and two months, at first I was very afraid of the descents, today, I am losing that fear, I have a good control and I make a completely normal life, we go like whenIt was not diabetic.
You have to learn the counting of hydrates well, and how much insulin corresponding to the HC, from there, you can eat everything, logically there will be times when doing everything the same because you stop you and do not know why, butWell, in diabetes 2+2 they are not 4 and there will always be some other file x, right Owash?
Your question your doubts, that we are here to help, and here we are very sweet :)) :)) :))
Greetingsssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/29/2011 2:47 a.m.

Hi Laura.The majority of those we are here, we understand and support you.I was diagnosed with dm 1 at the end of January, so 4 months have passed and I have been enough ... the rations, the insulin units the ect ...
When leaving the hospital I saw blurred, I couldn't even read and to go buy I needed a company to read the product labels, "it is good that you read them to calculate the HC," I asked the family doctor quoting with the ophthalmologistBut he told me that patience that would happen to me and that was, in question of a few weeks everything returned to normal.Patience.....

In my city, in the University Clinic Hospital there is a diabetes school, many doubts resolved me and they gave me very good advice.
Greetings and encouragement

Triz's profile photo
Triz
05/31/2011 4:27 p.m.

Hello welcome to the forum!If you have doubts, ask, here there are many people who know a lot of diabetes.Be calm with losing consciousness that is unlikely, in 20 years it has never happened to me.Of course, take care of the regime, go to your endocrine, do some exercise and you will see how in a very short time you adapt perfectly to your "sweet" new life.
Courage and Bsos.

david29's profile photo
david29
06/03/2011 8:44 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Hello!I give you many encouragement because when I debuted a year and a half ago I was like you, very worried about the descents and being unconscious.Then one realizes that if you carry everything well it does not happen.With going well I mean that you make 5-6 meals a day and do not jump any;That you measure you about 5-6 times a day, and for me those that are very important are before bedtime and getting up, to avoid night hypoglycemia and see how you start the day, respectively.

I spent some time without doing sports because I was afraid, the first months, but then with controlling you before, during and at the end of the exercise you will see how there is no problem to do Aerobic, and another sport like bike, paddle and even swimming.

Ah, and something else: today there is everything "without added sugar", so it will not be necessary to deprive yourself of anything (chocolate cookies, ice cream ...) but we leave that for later.

Much encouragement, you have to be strong !!

Cristina.

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
07/24/2011 7 p.m.

Welcome to the "sweet" side of force: Mrgreen:

When I debuted two years ago I knew that my life was going to change ... but I never thought I would change to better: Mrgreen:

Now as healthier, I do more sport, I take everything with more tranquility, I smoke much less ... and little by little I have recomposed my life in all fields.

In fact, and although I already wet last year, this summer I have the healthy intention of diving again with absolute normality.

Carrying good control, you don't have to be afraid of anything.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
07/26/2011 3:35 a.m.

Simply welcome you and try to reassure you a little.At first we all go through the same stages as every time you have to click that it is a pain, it will show you to stay hungry at the beginning, relate each symptom that your body has with diabetes ...
With a little common meaning (for example I sometimes leave) you can enjoy an even healthier life, although over time you will learn some truquitos to eat: mrgreen:
Let you do very well, greetings (;

DiabetesForo
07/26/2011 5:01 a.m.

Hello @"laurinxy", welcome to the club !!!
Here we are to help you whenever you can, I am 24 years old and debut with 19. Where are you from?What insulin are you using?Greetings and little by little, patience.

kerensammolina's profile photo
kerensammolina
12/06/2016 4:46 p.m.

Diabetes Mellitus Tipo 1
Debut a los 19 años
Tresiba y Humalog

@"Laurinxy", seeing blurry at the beginning is normal, it will happen to you in a few days, the fluid inside the eye is denser so the first time we are so high we see blurred and take a little longer than time thanIt is normal ... at least that explained to me, when I debuted I already thought that I would need glasses .... avoid fainting ... it is not frequent, in almost 5 years it has never happened to me, so calm ...

kerensammolina
12/06/2016 4:48 p.m.

Diabetes Mellitus Tipo 1
Debut a los 19 años
Tresiba y Humalog

When the date does not come out, it is an old message, if you click on the user's name you get out:

User laurinxy registered May 2011 last asset June 2011

Come on, he put the question 5 years ago and did not appear again through the forum.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/06/2016 5:42 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It is true what @"sherpa41" says, even so, thank you very much for the answer @"kerensammolina", as that saying says, better late than ever and @laurinxy "can receive the answer, which in any case, can serveFor other people, so, thanks again !!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
12/06/2016 8:49 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi @laurinxy welcome!A little reality in addition to good spirits!The best thing you have is the age you have and the time in which it has touched you where much is being progressed and hopefully there are fewer cuts to advance more and, above all, that social security aids can arrive by the end until usIn the advances of this disease.The principle is hard but you can also live by cope with it better, in my case, 26 years ago I was 19 years old and I spent a pretty good youth and it was not a problem for me.Today, after 26 years and different health problems (which were never due to bad control of my diabetes) is when I carry the diabetes.Hypoglycemia can be given and not necessarily for "being a donkey" as they have told, I assure you, but you will also learn that and you will have to take it as something to live with.Normal life will have it based on what you know how to adapt and, hopefully arrive soon, let's have the aids for the devices that can make our lives easier, that there are.
Courage and welcome!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
12/06/2016 8:57 p.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

Welcome to the Club!I debuted 4 years ago with 29 years.I went from the strict with myself ... Some controls at a table and an extreme self -control, today I have 1 child of 2 and a half years and another about to get out of the oven.
I think I didn't give me time to assimilate the disease itself, I got married in a few months and the only thing to do is have normal values ​​to be able to do all that k I thought.

I recommend you:
Pass all the phases of the disease between them ... shit in everything from the pork to you!Eating sweets changing hydrates for dose of insulin (whims you can have, but there are k assimilate k many things you will not be able to do ... Atibore you of sweets until k your body says enough! Who says chuches, says anything without taking into account thequantity .... (if you pass and you are not hungry ... you will have to eat until you meet what you have punctured and if you keep hungJijiji reality.
Go partying and drinking and dance to k the body endures ... it ended, you can drink and dance but gluchomentro in hand until the next day at night.
But well ... that is not good for anyone like that kijiji something K will be good to pass to another phase.
Pregnancies ... well patience and a lot of control (but it is worth jijii)
You will have times in the k you can with everything and times in the k you would send everyone to a hole.

I am in one of Bajon right now,
I had a first book pregnancy, but this second ... Well, I wanted to do how this does not affect me at all and it is not.
So what time absorbs all the information you can and you don't want to run ...
The big problem k I think there is no culture about this disease about society and that makes them sometimes it is difficult for them to empathize with you ... of everything you will hehehe but you will learn to live with that.
Passy step.
Much encouragement!

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
12/06/2016 9:32 p.m.

@"Fer" hahahahaha I child!Yes, surely after 5 years he receives it ... This happens to me because I often open the threads from Facebook ... that's why I don't know if they are old or new.Thanks @"sherpa41"

kerensammolina
12/07/2016 1:03 a.m.

Diabetes Mellitus Tipo 1
Debut a los 19 años
Tresiba y Humalog

kerensammolina said:
@"fer" hahahahaha I give me!Yes, surely after 5 years he receives it ... This happens to me because I often open the threads from Facebook ... that's why I don't know if they are old or new.Thanks @"sherpa41"

I didn't know about Facebook.But calm, you can see that you are not the only one who greets her as if she just debuted and Laura must already be a veteran.;)

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/07/2016 9:27 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Many dosses and as you say little by little ... this is hard, I will not fool you (I am a mama and a couple of diabetics) but you have to take it with philosophy and live with it as normal as possible and that is achieved with informationand support.Here we are for what you need !! kisses

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
12/07/2016 8:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.