{'en': 'Those days', 'es': 'Esos días'} Image

Those days

Juan Luis's profile photo   04/26/2008 7:49 a.m.

That day you are going around everything.Little is missing for glycosylated hemoglobin, and you are not having good controls.

You are trying a lot to improve, because you take it as an exam, as everyone does, although it really isn't.

You turn everything: to your future, to the possible complications ... you try to remember those good gusts of controls to encourage you.

The fact is that you are concentrated in it, measuring the hydrates well, eating only what you have more controlled, without news or surprises, without going anything.You are in one of those days ...

And then someone releases you: "Go, take a little of this, that one day is one day", or "What will happen to you?", Or "Then you get more insulin and that's it, right?"

You put a bad face, unintentionally, but you put it, and you make a superhuman effort to not seem pissed off.

You appreciate the gesture, but it does not strain, and you know very well that they are thinking that you are an exaggerated, that you take it too seriously.

They believe that they know someone like you, a diabetic of "all life", who ate everything ... many "qués", that at that time you would prefer to be stored, because they do not understand that one day it is not just aday.Wow!

The year has many days, and you are in one of those days when you are diabetic all day, all week, at least until hemoglobin passes.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
04/26/2008 7:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

How much reason you are ... who does not have diabetes is not made to the idea that this disease is a constant, and that you have to think about it 24x7 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week), always calculating insulin, meals, effort/sport, sometimes becomes hard ... although in most time it takes normally.

Let's see what day a (practice) machine that is capable of detecting the level of glucose and injecting insulin are invented without having to give it so many laps !!!

Meanwhile, we need a lot of willpower, I think it is a common feature among which we have diabetes, or not?!

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
04/27/2008 6:16 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

In this we are, fer.Let's see if we get the artificial pancreas.

Owash, the contacts continue, waiting for the uphill to end at once, but yes, go ahead.

Juanlu, with "those days" I thought something else :))

Anyway, greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/27/2008 10:45 a.m.

Rebeca is Angela's best friend, and they are inseparable, they are always playing ... or quarrels, either in class or at home, in Angela's or in Rebeca's, even in the shower, but they love each other a Monton.This happened yesterday, and demonstrates ... well, I don't know what it shows, it caught my attention.The fact is that Montse was putting the catheter to Angela, Rebeca looking, and speaking, rather asking, asking everything, so Rebeca says “how much would I like to know more about diabetes?”, And Ángela, I suppose that I already fell,"Do not complain, you are the one who knows the most of the class !!!"

Juan Luis
05/09/2008 4:28 a.m.

That day .. Well, in my case they are a couple of days, a couple of days in which you give the head (again), in which you think that everything is over, that you have screwed it up,that you are much worse, that ... what ... what? But what the pussy happens?... Yes, that's the right question, what the hell happens? And you look a thousand and once the gluco without understanding it, you measure you a thousand times, you take the temperature, in case you were incubating something, you return to your lettuce at all hours at all hours, the nerves, the same being like this makes you up, time after time, sucking liters of insulin, and the gluco to his ball, that ... that, he painted, then you discover it, rather you realize, because it has already happened to you many times, Joé, that I am in those days in those daysEvangelicals, in those days when insulin becomes water (Gospel according to St. John, 2,1)

Juan Luis
05/22/2008 5:29 a.m.

You have reminded me of "those days" in which it changes stationWith the same, and little by little, you realize how much seasonal changes affect us and/or the passage of cold to heat ... And if the thing was not quite complicated, we have the weeks of the "entremopo"... crazy ...

fer's profile photo
fer
05/22/2008 9:35 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.