When to corrected?

tica's profile photo   05/31/2011 6:11 a.m.

Hello,

One question, how much do you correct?Before meals it is simple, if blood glucose is above 90/100 insulin is increased depending on the sensitivity factor.My question is after the food, if at two o'hypoglycemia and instead of solving hyper complicated the following hours.
For example I am 160 now, two and a half hours have passed since I have put the insulin, what do I do?Did I correct myself?Or it is not worth four hours, surely something will come down ... but if you can be 100 in two hours to wait four hours.And if I am 140, it is worth putting a half unity?… One day breakfast goes up to 140 as I put 250 having the same thing another day (normally at three o'clock I am in normal glycems ...)

tica's profile photo
tica
05/31/2011 6:11 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

... ufff .... TICA DIFFICULT QUESTION;)a lot .... For example, that 160 that you have would not correct it because in the morning I am supersensitive to insulin, I have a basal all morning of 0.3 and at breakfast I take 6 portions of hydrates and I put 4 unitsIn bolus and I usually be at three hours, I only correct myself if I were above 250 at three hours ... because I do not measure me at 2 hours, I last for more than four hours like this.I prefer to measure later .... so it depends on each one as always .....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/31/2011 6:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

And a 160 I give it for excellent post.It's not like to correct.What are you going to put on, a unit?For what, to be with a precarious 100 that you do nothing, will you have hiccups?If you do not have a bomb, the adjustment level you must always do is lower than with feathers, that we must give us a certain safety margin by having put the insulin scheduled in only 3 moments of the day.

In addition, you answer yourself.You say be irregular and have ups and downs.Sierra teeth in the glycemia during a whole day often come for those corrections we make, which then cause a hypo, which we correct eating, and then cause rebounds, and so on.

My opinion;Do not correct.

Hala, who thinks the next now :-)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/31/2011 8:22 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

haha, well I had kept some information ... I had stable half an hour, or so the continuous meter said, so I have put 1 unit and I have reached 90 to eat.But it is a bit dangerous the corrections when it is almost good.
I am tried to lower glycosylated hemoglobin (I want to get pregnant at the end of this year or at least that diabetes does not limit it ...) and I look at the tables that relate capillary blood glucose to HBA1C and it is that it is a frustrating one:
* 80 mg/dl - 120 mg/dl 5% - 6%
* 120 mg/dl - 150 mg/dl 6% - 7%
* 150 mg/dl - 180 mg/dl 7% - 8%

Soon that you are several hours to 180 .. It is impossible to have a hem of 6%.Those who have the hemo to 5 with something How do you get it?I usually get up to less than 90 and I do not have great variations at night, and for the day many days I do not rise from 200 but I still can't get off the hemo more (I'm not saying that this evil 6.6 but I need to adjust it a bitfurther)

tica's profile photo
tica
05/31/2011 9:58 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello companions.
I usually only correct myself before bedtime if necessary.
In the morning I am 90-120 (2 or 3 unid. Rapida) on the measured day 80-100 (3 or 4 unid. Rapida) and at night 120-140 (5 or 6 fast) (I run out of the slow one for thenight and that is when I put it again)
I inject according to the result.If at night before I go to bed I am 200 or more after 2 hours I ran with 2 quickly and every fifty points more quickly.Example:
80-200.- 0 dose
More than 200 - 2 doses
More than 250 - 3 doses
More than 300 - 4 doses
As in the morning before breakfast I am 80-110 I think I do not do it wrong at all.: D
Hugs

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/31/2011 12:38 p.m.

It seems to me that a hemo of 6.6 is very good, I understand that you want to adjust it a little more and for that you have a great ally that is the continuous meter, but do not obsessions .....
As for those tables that relate capillary glucose and hemo I don't know if they are very reliable .... the truth.
And I could not explain how I get a hem less than 6, since they diagnosed me 10 years ago and after the first hemo that was 12 I think I remember, all my we have been below 6, what I do is to measure the glucose6 or 7 times a day, physical exercise and eat in moderation .....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/01/2011 5:21 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.