{'en': 'Then intervention', 'es': 'Despues intervencion'} Image

Then intervention

Rosa's profile photo   04/28/2008 6:12 p.m.

Hello!

I would like to know if someone, after an intervention, has been lacking sugar levels.

They operated a week ago from the ankle to remove a plaque and, since that day, my sugar levels have increased.

Does anyone know if this is normal?

Will values ​​return to be as before the operation?

I am a diabetic, but I still do not insulin dependent, although if I continue like this, I do not think late.

Anesthesia, anti -inflammatories and injections for the circulation you should take after the operation can alter the values?

Thank you.

Rosa's profile photo
Rosa
04/28/2008 6:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have operated several times, and after the interventions I am fatal and a lot of time ... but each one is a world ... luck

anika3308's profile photo
anika3308
04/28/2008 6:37 p.m.

I usually realize that I am going to catch a constipated, flu or similar, some days in advance, because my glucose climbs without reason, which is a sign that I am incubating something ... I have not yet been through the experience of aOperation, but I bet something that sugar breaks down throughout the recovery.

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
04/29/2008 4:19 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi Rosa!In principle, any intercurrent disease can alter glucose levels, and many of the medications used for control as well.For everything it is logical that your glucose levels are a bit ruffled.The bad thing is that if you still do not use insulin, it will be difficult to control the issue.A lot of patience and to take care and see what happens once recovered.
A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/29/2008 4:36 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Rosa, as you have already told you, almost everything can have an impact on glycemic values, including a "traumatic event" by itself, such as an intervention, regardless of anesthesia and subsequent medication.Surely the diabetics that we are not lad is easier to recover the balance than those who, as in your case, still depend on their metabolism and it is still not clear if that intermediate "stadium" in which they travel will end up evolvingOr it will simply stabilize.

At the moment I do not believe that you have another option but is to observe and act, using the means that you have at this time, to have the situation under control and if it worsens, start evaluating together with your endocrine if it is necessary to use insulin.It will not be easy to accept and adapt your life to this new possibility but surely once the psychological aspect is overcome I am sure that your quality of life will improve because although it may seem strange you will have much more margin of movement than you have now, since, always insideOf a limit, you can "actively" participate in your metabolic control and not be as at the moment, almost a simple "spectator."

Anyway, tell us how things go, ok?

All the best!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/29/2008 5:18 a.m.

Hello everyone!Thank you very much for your answers and for sharing your experiences.Yesterday I made a blood analysis and there we will see the gly, I will tell you something, I already want to have the results, because if it goes well I will stop worrying and if it goes wrong we will put a solution.The issue is that it has obsessed me a lot for a year I was diagnosed.Come on, my life is continuous to think that I am a lump of sugar day and night.I have been almost prohibited from looking at my blood sugar and waiting to see the result of hemoglobin.And I will tell you.The last analysis gave 5.5 but from there everything increased a bit and also my concern, we will see now.

Thank you very much

Rosa's profile photo
Rosa
04/29/2008 7:01 a.m.

Hello again!

I tell you.After the intervention my values ​​decompensated and although for a year I was diagnosed and I could control with diet and exercise was now impossible.I was between 200 and 350. Total that after spending a bridge on May 1, finding me badly, I called my endocrine and from the day before yesterWhen they had already told me that I increased to 6, I had normal values, and so I am, learning and observing how everything is going.

I can tell you that I have taken it very well because after a year, I had had time to get angry, to make a depression principle, read and learn a lot, to do everything possible to control only with diet and exercise, to learn from you ..... so I'm animated.

By the way I put myself the 4 units, I had dinner and at two hours before going to sleep I was 152 so I thought that best if I took a glass of milk, I woke up at 161, you think I did well drinking the glass ofmilk?How would I have woken up if I hadn't taken the glass of milk?

Greetings and thanks.

PINK

Rosa's profile photo
Rosa
05/07/2008 10:13 a.m.

Hi Rosa !!!Maintaining those high values ​​is not good for the organism.
With regard to what you ask about the glass of milk .... I think you did well, although the morning control has not been good ... now you have to observe very well everything you eat, exercise andInsulina .... so you can know if the glass of milk is left over or you need ... it is a matter of being very aware at the beginning, then it is already coming out.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/07/2008 10:21 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello, pink.

I think that moving to insulin is the best thing they have been able to recommend.
There are people who believe that, when insulin is needed, it is already very bad, but it is not true.On the contrary, insulin allows sugar levels to be controlled much better, and achieve a higher quality of life, because, in addition, it allows you to eat things that without it would fire the levels.

It is not easy to find the doses, because it is something variable.The guidelines must be modified, according to the endocrine, until a certain autonomy is achieved.
But you'll see how in a short time you are an expert.And, for any questions, here you have us.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
05/07/2008 12:08 p.m.

Hello again!Thanks for your advice and support.I forgot before telling you that I already have the result of my last hemoglobin, they gave me the last Wednesday, 6.9 came out.The rest you already know, the sugar broke down after the intervention and since Monday I am insulin.

Everything is going well, I am in close contact with my endocrine and the diabetes educator.I feel much better, I had blurred sight and my head as if it were dizzy and all this has already disappeared.

Greetings and thanks for being there

PINK

Rosa's profile photo
Rosa
05/07/2008 4:17 p.m.

Rosa I also think that you will be much better with insulin, well you yourself are already checking it.Congratulations on that hemo is very good for the glycemia that you say you had.
Peace

DiabetesForo
05/07/2008 4:34 p.m.

Hi Rosa, because what is said, here we are !!

DiabetesForo
05/08/2008 10:56 a.m.

I have suffered several interventions, the last fracture in an ankle with plates included and all happens to me that the SedesSControla glycemia, this last time I have corrected it by increasing the slow one in two units, that way I have stopped pricking so quickly and now waiting forRecover to start my normal life. I will adjust to me when that happens. Anyway our world is quite complex: a cold, a disgust, a depression and other factors make us get out of control. A greeting and encouragement for all

rafaelcaballero's profile photo
rafaelcaballero
02/23/2017 10:13 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.