Debut at 6 years

Mijime's profile photo   05/31/2011 7:04 p.m.

I am a Mom of a 6 -year -old girl with a debut of type 1 diabetes for 1 month, I am not convinced or did not understand the doctor because using ultrarapid insulin instead of the NPH that would be less daily injections.My daughter is very small and it is difficult to convince her to let insulin and obviously ask every moment if she is healthy and when insulin injections stopped, please help me what do I do?How do I explain that this will not end?

Mijime's profile photo
Mijime
05/31/2011 7:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I am a diabetic girl for 21 years and the question that your child is insulinHe knows if the girl is going to eat things that do not agree.Do not worry that when it stabilizes a little because it is very soon the insulin that corresponds the most.

isabela3040's profile photo
isabela3040
06/01/2011 5:38 a.m.

Thank you Isabela, I find it clearer thing about insulin, many questions come to my head and I worry about my daughter's future, I feel that I could not assimilate the situation I suppose it is normal, as a mother I feel that our world collapses, I haveRead many experiences in this forum and comfort me, I will continue sending my sea of ​​questions.

Greetings

Mijime's profile photo
Mijime
06/01/2011 12:13 p.m.

Mijime Your pass here that there are very wise people and teach you many things I am going to tell you a little my story, so you can see that Loqeu you feel is what we all feel in the beginning.
My daughter debuted when I was 4 and a half, I suppose that like yours, she was admitted to the hospital with everything they entails, tests of all kinds, cables around here, punctures by there, crying, screams, hidden under the bedswere 7 horrific days, the best of then?Seeing her eat, she had been very deladica and had to recover and just eat a piece of bread enjoyed.
As parents we learned the disease, that it is incidentally, I had no idea what it was until that day ... We learned to think about carbohydrates ration and namely that physical exercise influences their life.
So I went home with my daughter, I had a long time to put this into practice, what I try was to talk to her everything, try to be as natural as possible, our new life was nothing.It was small but began to understand that there are healthy meals, which could also eat some "guarrada" that we say we but always at the time.When sometimes he told me: Jo, again insulin?I told him that if, that he was going to be a secondaryby, he was then going to continue doing what he was doing, that when he was older and he would do it with the same ease that his lips are painted.
She has really fit very well to have the controls, put the insulin, began to recognize the hypoglycemia very soon, the controls have also been done, only that the poor man being so small did not know how to interpret the figures, already with 6years he decided that the insulin was put alone and knew how to interpret the values ​​and even act when he hasYou will see.
I saw many impossible things, I thought about the things that we had long ago and believed that we would not do them again but of that nothing, at first you are afraid (or at least I had it) but then you do not allow your daughter to be different, ofThat nothing maneee, my daughter does the same as the others or even more, because of her character, that we have to birthday, we are going, we already know that perhaps you have to think a little more but as soon as you go to two or three and three andYou come back an expert, that you go out to eat outside because, it took me (now no longer) the weight and fixed, to an aquatic park to spend the afternoon to soak because I have come to take a fridge with juices, beaters, cereal barsUp and in each attraction we rode there that planted my fridge and flatter ducks.When I debut I stop going to skating, a year of one year again and continues because you can adapt diabetes to your life but not on the contrary, we cannot adapt your life to diabetes, never ...
Your daughter is going to do the same as others, that if you are going to be more careful, you will be more aware of her than the rest of the breasts, you are going to wear the most charged bag, you will always try to carry the glucometer on top butWhat you should not forget is the smile at home, although inside you are fatal but your littleYou see everything of another color.
My girl is already on their way to this partner, I wish I would never have entered our lives but my girl is happy and she is very pretty, every time Maaas.Many kisses.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
06/02/2011 7:35 a.m.

I'm glad my words have calmed you a little, don't worry that everything will come out well and your daughter can make a normal life, with her precautions but normal.
They told me that I could not have children and I have two a boy and a girl and they are beautiful and without any problem, healthy.And do not miss it that the person who told me this was a doctor. But good we must not listen to the positives' negatives.

isabela3040's profile photo
isabela3040
06/08/2011 2:46 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.