Journey to China

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/03/2011 5:17 a.m.

Hello everyone.
I am type I diabetic. I use fast insulin and also Lantus (24hrs)
I have scheduled to make a pleasure trip to China in September.I will do it independently and alone for 25 days.
China is a hot and humid country.I have thought about carrying 5 rapid insulin boligraphs (consumption 1 every ten days) and 3 of Lantus 24hrs.(consumption 1 every 23 days).
These bowling alley, once released, do not require refigration if the temperature is not excessive.
I intend to release all the two days before traveling.Subsequently and as long as the trip lasts I want to alternate the use of the different pen so that they can be maintained during the stay.
What do you think of this idea?
What recommendations can you give me for this type of travel?
Thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/03/2011 5:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Imbotep,

I leave you a couple of posts with general information and recommendations on how to travel with diabetes.

Tips for traveling with diabetes

Travel by plane

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/03/2011 6:28 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello partner.

That envy, China, is a destination that in a short time I will program.
I am a traveler and I also normally do it in countries with slightly extreme temperatures, with high temperatures.
For the issue of insulin and consumable as lancets and needles, I always have a double just what I would need.

What worries me most is that they spoil the heat, I solve this little setback with some refrigerators that prevents insulin reaching high temperatures.I have 2 and I promise you are wonderful, they are expensive but they give very good results.

I put the link to buy them.I know that in the forum is the link to buy it directly in the country of origin and you get a cheaper euros.

Have a great time.

Hugs.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
06/03/2011 8:02 a.m.

Grateful for your answers.
Quim: I have consulted the link of insulin cases and it seems very practical.I have seen that the case cool with water.Should water be very cold or can tap water serve?What time does the cold last?
Thank you

DiabetesForo
06/03/2011 11:45 a.m.

It serves the tap water because what you need is to activate the gel.They are very practical, but you have to be careful because if you put them too much time in the water they swell a lot :)) :)) ....

DiabetesForo
06/03/2011 12:32 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaa,
I have the cold bag, I do not use it yet, I will do it on June 21, that I go on a trip to Paris, to see how they are, according to they count it is a joy, I bought it directly from the English pageThey are cheaper
To enjoy the trip, that enjoyed China
Greetingsssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/03/2011 4 p.m.

Hi Imbotep,

When they tell you that the feathers once released do not need a refrigerator does not mean that once the seal can change their properties and do not lose qualities and efficiency, it implies that it is calculated that in the time that a pen can last you that is approximately 15 daysSince you open it, its effectiveness will not decrease or it will decrease very little to have it out of the fridge, yes at not very high temperatures.Therefore, opening the feathers before leaving will not change anything regarding their stability and maintaining their properties.If they tell you that before opening them the keeps in fridge it is because five feathers that come to you in a box, take approximately 2 months to consume them, during which they can lose stability and efficiency if they are at room temperature.Moreover, if as you say you take 5 and you alternate you will take long to consume those 5 approximately 2 months, 2 months that you will have them out of the fridge and cold, and there they can be spoiled.

I would do with a cold bag to transport what you do not use and the one you use then in your pocket or where you wear it.

Other recommendations ... Well, insulins and the meter always in hand luggage, if you say, you will only take something that identifies you as diabetic in English and Spanish, a phone pointed on the mobile agenda to call in case of emergencies(Abroad is put before the name the acronym Ice- in Case of Emergency, and in Spanish it puts AAA for the first to come out) and of course a certificate in English and Spanish in case you get hut to put the material in theplane.

For the rest, then to enjoy that trip to China !!

SLDS

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
06/04/2011 6:16 a.m.

Hiaaaaaaaa,
I have the cold bag, I do not use it yet, I will do it on June 21, that I go on a trip to Paris, to see how they are, according to they count it is a joy, I bought it directly from the English pageThey are cheaper
To enjoy the trip, that enjoyed China
Greetingsssssss

Hello, could you put the direct link to the English page? ... is that I can't find it.

Thank you.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
06/04/2011 9:27 a.m.

Hi Segeom,
The forum page passes you where the cold bags are commented, there you will see the comments and the English page, the English are very fast, I chose the "Large Wallet", but on the page you will see the one that goes best to you

Greetingsssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
06/05/2011 7:25 a.m.

I have read the opinions in the forum on cold cases and it is something that I totally ignored.
The opinions are very good about this product.
I will make the purchase to the English web.Heat is approaching and surely this summer I will not be so uneasy due to insulin.It will also be a magnificent solution for my trip to China.
Thanks to the bugs because it has helped me.
I paste the link to the English Cold Website:

DiabetesForo
06/06/2011 1:39 p.m.

Hello
I have experience in long travel I am Argenitna and Vivi in ​​Australia for 3 years, traveling between one country and another.
With respect to inputs and insulin on Aereos trips, consult the Aerea line, each one has different requirements to travel with needles and lancets, as well as to ask for special food.In general, they ask for a letter from your doctor in your language plus a copy in English, and then the forms that the arerea liena demands.On my first trip he took 5 boxes from Lantus, thinking that in the plane I would let me keep in the refrigerator.Mistake!The airplanes do not have a refrigerator, it is very heavy.They provided me with ice that I had to change during the 21 hours of flight.On the way back, my Australian doctor told me not to worry about refraining insulin.In fact, when I retire my insulin in the pharmacy here in Argentina, they give it to me with refrigerant gel, and the same did not happen in Australia, since they argue that the cold is irrelevant.I would not use the 5 lapiecera at the same time, I think you are going to spoil them.You better use at once, and you see what happens.
Anyway, I wish you luck!

andreamono's profile photo
andreamono
06/10/2011 3:16 p.m.

I recover this post because I have to travel to China in two weeks and I wanted to ask you how you managed with meals because they are usually quite sweet and rice for me is a problem

How is a work trip my company is translating to Mandarin Chinese the supporting of the SS for the embassy and the airline.So I don't expect problems.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/25/2018 2 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.