Why are there diabetics that do not suffer complications?

tica's profile photo   06/07/2011 10:42 a.m.

It is a study on 10 or 15% of diabetics that will not suffer in the future great complications for diabetes.A group of diabetics is studied with more than 30 years of evolution that do not suffer complications.It is assumed that if in 30 years you do not suffer any complication it is very prove that in the future they do not appear

tica's profile photo
tica
06/07/2011 10:42 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

That was told by my endocrine (in my opinion, one of the people who knows most about diabetes), and I was encouraged by telling me that after my long evolution, if I have not had problems in my eyes, I will not have them.And he explained to me (I am not being able to remember the explanation, because it was technical and I do not remember it anymore) why once a certain time of time (years) has been after, if microvascular complications have not appeared, you have to start looking and worry about other parameters,Like the ta, fats;That is, the factors related to macrovascular complications.
Logically, this whole issue of a person's "resistance" to complications is closely related to their "genetic quality."But that is something that we have always known everyone and that is applicable to any type of ailment.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/07/2011 1 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Perhaps these people are responsible for properly monitoring their levels of sugar and brought healthy diets suitable for diabetics

carlosalvarez's profile photo
carlosalvarez
05/19/2014 1:37 a.m.

Hola me llamo carlos alvares y me gusta investigar sobre las dieta para diabeticos

It is a matter of luck to be one of those lucky diabetics that do not suffer damage.It is not about being watched or not, it is as if there were a kind of gene that protects them against diabetes damage.Confirmed by my doctor, there are patients who have been completely fully, fully, eating what they want, with hardly any controls and always high levels, and have no symptoms of damage (they are obviously exceptions).And on the contrary, others that are taken care of, who carry good control and sacrificed life, begin soon with retinopathy and other evils.
It's like tobacco.We all know some grandfather who died with more than 90, inveterate smoker, and was not even constipated.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/19/2014 4:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There are always population groups immune to certain evils.It seems to me to remember that the prostitutes of a brothel of Indonesia were investigated or that apparently they were completely immune to AIDS ...

... or that was an urban legend and I am putting the to the bottom.

I insist on this, because every day I am more convinced (convinced at the level of Aznar and the weapons of mass destruction of Iraq, that is, without any basis for it, XD!): There are people who with hardly any effort or significant discomfort in theireveryday life seems to take this with ease, without difficulties or complications, and others seem that we are chained to a metal ball, such as prisoners a century ago.And it does not depend on our attitude or our "desire to live."

On the contrary: I say that one thing is a consequence of the other, and not to the contrary as some naive people believe.

DanielPD's profile photo
DanielPD
05/19/2014 5:01 a.m.

Diabético y gafapasta.

I do not know, it is clear that there are people who have more complications than another with good control, but still, assume that although I take care I will suffer the calamities of hell is not a good philosophy ...

I have been evolving and 0 complications for 26 years ... I have less for the 30 hahaha.I also read in a study that as soon as you start with diabetes, the less complications it is suffered ... but come on, I wish I would have started with 30 years and saved me the years that I have already taken from evil

tica's profile photo
tica
05/19/2014 5:57 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

The truth is that I have been with this only four years and I do not get it well, I have to admit that I have temptations but I have not had any coma or anything like that I have not been seriously ill or something like that (I touch wood)

solera1987's profile photo
solera1987
05/19/2014 10:26 a.m.

I think this is like weight: what some have a hard time getting others have it naturally.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
05/19/2014 7:31 p.m.

I tell you the example of my father that is worth what is clear ... but there it is.He has 53 years of evolution, debuted with 20 and also remained paraplegic with 45 of a work accident that is a plus ...
He has not had any complication until about 10 years ago where the downhill began (now he has all) and carefully has taken care of himself but in the ancient way ... that is, not eating carbohydrates or almost none, and avoiding to the maximumFats.And that fulfilled Rajatabla, there was no birthday or Christmas ... a capacity for spartan resistance!Imagine the years that he has been alone, when there was no fast ... with glucose climbing and going down to his free will.
The retinopathy for example has been this year, the heart is fine, with what began first it was with the kidneys and then with the amputations of the legs.
Doctors are admired quite a lot.I am sure that if it is not diabetes it reaches 95 or more like your mother.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
05/20/2014 8:27 a.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.