{'en': 'The dwarfs', 'es': 'Los enanitos'} Image

The dwarfs

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/22/2008 12:28 p.m.

One night, 6 years ago, Celia woke up.Or not.

He was in his bed, at dawn, when he opened his eyes and saw dwarfs that played and danced the run, surrounding her.The dwarfs were translucent, like casper the ghostly, but, although they laughed a lot, their laughs were afraid, a lot of fear.Above all, one of them, who should be the boss, threw himself on Celia showing his teeth to laugh, and pushed her again and again until she managed to throw her out of bed.

Celia tried to get up, but they didn't leave her.They held her and prevented her from moving her legs and walking, so, once on the floor, she began to drag to find her parents and ask for help.The hall was long and Celia crawled, harassed by the mocking dwarfs, who made her stumble and fall every time she tried to stand up.

He finally reached the bedroom of his parents, who woke up startled and saw Celia's face reflecting terror.When asked what happened to him, Celia saw, with panic, that he also held his tongue and prevented him from speaking.

Luckily the parents realized who was the boss of that band and made them bathe in retreat using the most powerful weapons that are known: glucagon and sugar.

At home there are always those weapons to defeat the dwarfs, but Celia knows that, if neglected, they will appear again.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/22/2008 12:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

.... :?:?:?uff !!Alea how bad you have made me pass !!

It looks like a scene of a terror movie ... but I'm afraid, this was not a movie ...

I hope the dwarfs never appear in Ainhoa's room, ... or that they even think about ... because I also have a very very "lethal" weapon in the fridge: twisted: prepared for them ...Buff !!

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
05/22/2008 1:20 p.m.

Hello Alea .... The dwarfs in our case were a sock and a dana in the form of monsters .... we also fought them with the lethal weapon ...
He has put gallina's skin.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/22/2008 1:29 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

: Shock :: Shock: how did I stay ... :?Do you really happen?

How bad they have to pass it !! ....: ((Aissssss ...

: ((... don't even think about appearing !! ...: ((((((

Peace

DiabetesForo
05/22/2008 3:04 p.m.

Simply great!;-) ... perfectly describe the anxiety you feel with a low sugar, I have the following:

* Orange juice (gun).
* Normal Coca-Cola (gun)
* Nocilla pastries (submachine gun).
* Twix chocolates (cannon).

fer's profile photo
fer
05/22/2008 3:40 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It is amazing.Maria instead of dwarfs sees a terrible dog who wants to eat her feet.With eyes open to the forehead, it trembles and picks up the feet towards the belly giving screams of authentic terror.You get very patience to take some sugar while shouting and after 10 or 15 minutes it begins to return to the real world until it becomes aware that it is in my arms and begins to relax very slowly.
We have had to talk to the neighbors so that they did not think that in this house at 3 in the morning we had to start riding the chicken.
Thank God with the time of time these episodes are increasingly sporadic and the nights are normalized.

DiabetesForo
05/22/2008 7:48 p.m.

Alea, I put myself in your skin and also in yours, Jose.
In the case of Noe it is a monster that we cannot see and the panic leaves it rigid, without being able to move a single muscle, without being able to close your eyes or open your mouth, not even scream only to emit a tiny growl, which together withHis tremors confirms that he has seen the "monster" that night, but she is very very strong and does everything possible to take her juice and throw that blissful monster of her room at one time, but the next day she spent her fearful and fearful andscare.Damn monsters, dwarfs or dogs that accompany diabetes!Noe happened with 26 mescoats and still remembers it, but fails to understand why the monster visits her.

DiabetesForo
05/23/2008 4:13 a.m.

Aissssss, ((which penita. You can tell me the blood glucose they had at that time if you did the control. The lowest that Angel has been 25 and has not seen anything. Is it that when one is older that is notDoes it manifest through monsters?

Kisses and never have to go through that.

Peace

DiabetesForo
05/23/2008 4:23 a.m.

Hello Paz ..... when it happened to Angela and I could measure him he had 47 ... but Triana a friend was measured and had 60 ... the doctor explained that the figure is not imorted at that time.Sometimes being low for a few hours can trigger that situation.Or a sharp descent ... of all forms with figures that are too high or low, the margin of error of the glucometers is much greater ....

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/23/2008 4:28 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Noe was 26, but as the endo explained to us, it is not the same 26 awake, that the brain is more active, than asleep, so I fight so much with the endo for the values ​​with which to lay it at night ...
I hope no little one has to go through this .............

DiabetesForo
05/23/2008 4:45 a.m.

I have never had those "visions" during a hicc

DiabetesForo
05/23/2008 5:03 a.m.

Paz, when Celia has had such strong hypos, some with convulsions included, I have measured it and was never especially low, about 60 or 70. The doctor has explained that he has surely had hypoglycemia, has lasted too long and, when theSymptoms were already so obvious it was when the body began to react and raise glycemia.

That is why we always control at dawn, to avoid, not only abrupt, but prolonged lows even if they are not so low.

Fer, weapons are very varied.She always carries in the Bag of the Glucosport glucometer.In my bag I also carry Glucosport, sugar in envelopes, candies ... and at home, a whole battery of juices, cocacola, cookies, muffins, etc.
One of the things that best work in Hicm, because she wants to eat and not drink when she is low, is the peach in syrup.We always have some can.The syrup is Santo's hand (heavy artillery)

Returning to the dwarfs, of course hallucinations must be terrible, because they are recorded over fire.Celia remembers him as if he had just passed.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/23/2008 7:27 a.m.

Ufff, which I shudder reading the stories of the hypos, I have ever felt anything similar, ... that unpleasant for them, and for the parents.
You have a very brave children !!!!!!!!!

anuski's profile photo
anuski
05/23/2008 12:57 p.m.

hello!
My mother is reading what you tell that happens to your children and I have stone, poor, what a shame, but brave, fighting!
I have had hiccups with 41 glycemia and when you are older the symptoms are others.
I encourage and fight the enemy!
KISSES

Elisa_25's profile photo
Elisa_25
11/07/2008 6:04 p.m.

Thanks, Elisa.
Are you new in the forum?If so, welcome.
Tell us since when you are diabetic and how you carry it.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/07/2008 6:36 p.m.

Hello!!
Yes, I am new in the forum, I saw it by chance and I liked it, people participate and expose their doubts, cases or experiences, which help us.
Nine months ago I debuted, type 1, in my family there is no one diabetic, yet3 years later I would debut.
I have always performed sports and good food, however, diabetes appeared in my life.
I carry it very well, I keep doing my normal life, and because I have my family and my partner that they have supported me and they are supporting me a lot.
In addition to not neglecting, controls, food and exercise, but without obsessing, you have to live with diabetes, no for diabetes.
I think it is good to inform yourself and know things, I say it for entering the forums, associations, etc., that we help each other.
Thanks for your interest, greetings!

Elisa_25's profile photo
Elisa_25
11/15/2008 11:10 a.m.

When Juan debuted, he took the nights giving rides to his bed to see if he breathed, he felt an atrocious fear that a hypoglycemia would take him to a comma and not realize ... the truth is that it was a terrible time, that he wasIt happens when you know the disease, but those principles seem inevitable to me.
Over time (we have been almost 4 years), we have seen that it notes hypoglycemia and that at night he wakes up with a nightmare or simply because he is bad, but he has always detected the nocturnal hypos, which has given us a lot of peace of mind.
But something different has happened tonight and that's why I tell you:
At 2 in the morning, I hear the door of Juan's room, I sit on the bed and I was waiting to see if he goes to the bathroom or goes to my room, which is what he always does that he has a hypo, then lightThe light of the hallway and opens the door of my room, I tell him right away "Are you low, love?", He stares at me and takes a bit to answer and tells me, "yes, yes."We go down, measured, 43, a juice, 2 sugary yogurts and 2 cookies is taken (although it seems a lot, today it has risen with 102).Then he lies, without telling me anything.
This morning when he got up he told me that last night, he heard "are you low, love?", Then he woke up and realized that I was standing, in my room soaked with sweat and without knowing how I had arrived there.He didn't tell me anything at that time because he had been so grated that he couldn't explain it ...
The truth is that the feeling had to be very rare, I felt sorry, but on the other hand I still realize that the hypos notify him in one way or another ...

DiabetesForo
01/25/2009 1:27 p.m.

It is a very much mamidejuan luck .... Juanluis also has that "security" at night, despite the fact that they are few in which he has a downturn.But he has always said that he wakes up .... I don't have it so clear with Angela, sometimes I measured it and was hypoglycemic and sleeping like a basket.Or sometimes he says he had no strength to call me.Anyway, there will be the night that I sleep from a pull and without worry? ... kisses for mothers and fathers who sleep with the antenna on ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/26/2009 3:57 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Celia by day does notice the hypos, but, at night, she does not wake up.
That's why I fear night dowers so much.
It is curious, but a couple of days ago, Celia reminded us of the episode of the dwarfs.He says he has it recorded as clear as a video.Apart from what I already told, he told us that he could not think clearly, but that his only goal was to reach our room, that in his mind he saw her as a safe place, convinced that we were going to end the dwarfs and take them away fromAbove, but his perception was distorted.She did not feel that she could not control her movements, but it was the dwarfs that pushed her or threw it.

And, Mamidejuan, that fixed look is what I fear most in Celia, because it is unquestionable symptom of Gordo downturn.

Good luck to detect them.

Health

DiabetesForo
01/26/2009 5:50 a.m.

Very nice story.Very beautiful way of telling how a person can live hypoglycemia.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
03/02/2009 12:21 p.m.

Anapp

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.