Drugs, sex and alcohol, and the most important diabetes!HEALTH

ray-ban's profile photo   06/12/2011 8:08 a.m.

Hello everyone!
I am Juan and I am new in this type I diabetes, I was diagnosed in February, and I begin with this continuous fight to maintain the best possible values ​​in my blood glucose ...
I am 24 years old and I wanted to know what your experiences, recommendations, etc. when it comes to parties at night, in relation to alcohol, bedtime too late ... as you do not give up anything or to least possible.
Thank you.

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
06/12/2011 8:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Greetings, birthmate

Well, I have also debuted in this recently and this weekend has been the 1st that I have enjoyed since I went discharge.My experience has been quite good and that I even allowed myself to drink a couple of cubatas.Hopefully finding bad glucose results I have been surprised, at 2h a good dinner with colleagues he has given me a 78 mg/dl (I could have eaten more).Then we have gone out there and I even dared to take 2 whiskey cubatas.I know that alcohol at least better, but since I do not usually drink very often a part of me wanted to experiment with the theme of alcohol and diabetes.I have returned at 8 in the morning, I have had breakfast and put my medication and then to sleep: Mrgreen: Later I got up fresh like a rose.I always try to eat and medicate at the same time.The blood glucose analysis today have been perfect.

The truth was very deceived with the issue of diabetes, but when you really understand the disease and what you should do I am convinced that it does not hinder a life at all.

The most important thing of all is to control carbohydrates and their portions, and know the effects of alcohol on our body since they tend to cause hypoglycemia throughout the night (if it is a cubata, ask it witha normal soda).From now on I am always with a package of cookies of a fair ration of 1.2 rations of carbohydrates (they are quick absorption any of these chucherias) in case it gives me to drink and notice a hypoglycemia to eat them.

Since I am like this I do more things I did before (before I had a very bad life), I have plentyMore things I could do.

Bua ... What a Bible, I still have a lot to learn from diabetes but I have well controlled mine (I even lowered the dose of Lantus and I know they will lower it to me more)

If you can help in something more posta

Host's profile photo
Host
06/12/2011 3:37 p.m.

He thanks.
A couple of questions .. when you say you returned at 8 and you put the medication together with breakfast, the medication do you mean basal insulin? (Lantus) when you normally put it on you? Have they told me that with the basal notIt is advisable to change both the time of the shot, that you put it at 8 at 8, you spend the night without basal, or your schedule to put on the basal is in the morning at that time ...
And in relation to what you said to take the cubata with normal cocacola?Will that not make glucose up too much?You haven't had a problem with that ...
Thanks champion for everything ...

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
06/12/2011 7:51 p.m.

I recommend that you read the following post .... Alea and Owash's comments have no waste.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/13/2011 5:05 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

The insulin I use is the Novarapid, I suck 3 times a day with each meal 8 units (correcting the dose according to glycemia control) and at 23 hours 22 units of Lantus.I always try to put it at the same time every day, I usually have breakfast at 8 ~ 8:30A little later for the roll to go out there and that.I do not know if you put yourself in themy educator).

And as soon as the normal cocacola is recommendable because you already know that alcohol usually produces hypoglycemia and that supplement helps not to suffer one. Read the post that the companion Velia recommends, it is of great interest.

Oh I forgot, if you bought any chocolate to eat it from a white brand, these days I have been pipetting in the supermarket and there is a differentiate;Of the chocolates, cookies and other things, of white brand and more commercial brand !!Some even have the double of hydrates !!I am in love with the Eroski white brand, the information it brings from each product is very complete.

Host's profile photo
Host
06/13/2011 7:30 a.m.

… I am in love with the Eroski white brand, the information it brings from each product is very complete.

... Too bad that the quality of many of its products is more debatable ... :-) and in a matter of chocolates, I give them a very low note.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/13/2011 7:42 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, I am the chocolates they have a lot, but no longer because of the taste or quality;Obviously one brand is richer but contains many more questionable ingredients.Today, for example, I bought an imitation of the famous Twix that had a little more than half of carbohydrates, I think I remember that the pack with 2 bars contained 1.1 rations of carbohydrates, that of Twix 64gr every 100, 54grThe 2 bars, more or less almost 3 portions of hydrates.

Well, I take the post to consult about the marijuana and diabetes, any experience?Insulin I don't know what to think.Now I do not consume because I have returned to my parents' house (things of the crisis) and having no job I do not need it either.But I would like info for a future: Mrgreen:

Host's profile photo
Host
06/13/2011 11:49 a.m.

Good, first thank you for 'Now I am as quieter I have taken away that fear of alcohol ... host one thing, since you have mentioned it, I have heard a lot about that of the "carbohydrate rations" what is it?How do you identify them?To be used, to see the insulin-ch?
Good question about marijuana, if someone has an information that gives it, with the diabetes I have left it, they say that it can give rise to error with respect to not detecting the symptoms of the hypo since its effects are very similar ..

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
06/13/2011 12:57 p.m.

Marijuana itself does not affect blood glucose, does not alter it.
However, it tends to cause hunger, if you eat then hyperglycemia to sing ... with the danger of ketosis if appropriate measures are not taken.
Marijuana usually causes relaxation, general slowdown, decrease in concentration ... etc.

Indirectly, marijuana modifies normal adrenaline segregation parameters causing hyperglycemia.
Therefore, it is undeniable that marijuana harms the control of diabetes, let's not say if there is already a complication ...

If smokeing causes the same problems as tobacco in lungs and cardiorespiratory function, in the short and long term.

Did you know that the effects of marijuana on the brain are kept at 50% for 7 lives?Its active substance is so resistant that it lasts 1 week in the human body.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/13/2011 2:36 p.m.

As for the diet for rations of carbohydrates, here is our manna and header web:

Here are several days to entertain

DiabetesForo
06/13/2011 2:37 p.m.

Good info Owash

The appetite with marijuana if it is a bit uncontrollable hahaha, although in the case nuts such as almonds, nuts or hazelnuts could be put in the case;They are low in hydrates and have satiating properties.

Look at the website if that, but I summarize it a little (it rains and I bore my

It would be of interest to tell me the diet they recommended, bone as many calories.Depending on calories you can get a certain amount of carbohydrates, I put 2 examples:

-2500 kcal diet allows to consume a total of 29.5 rations of carbohydrates, in breakfast (5 rations of carbohydrates), mediañana (2 rations of carbohydrates), food (10 rations of carbohydrates), snack (3 rations of carbohydrates) and dinner (9.5 rations of carbohydrates).

-Dieta of 2000 kcal allows to consume a total of 27 rations of carbohydrates, in breakfast (5 rations of carbohydrates), mediañana (2 rations of carbohydrates), food (9 rations of carbohydrates),Snack (3 rations of carbohydrates) and dinner (8 rations of carbohydrates).

I do not do the afternoon and night snacks, before if I had appetite, but now not ... although something low of glucose came to meals.

The essential is controlled. Basically it is like this: 1 ration of carbohydrates is equal to 10 gr of carbohydrates, if a product, for example, is 65 gr of hydrates per 100 gr of that product, if you eatThose 100 gr of product are getting 6.5 rations of carbohydrates.Following this rule you can eat everything always watching.

Ami told me that I followed the 2500 kcal but did not give eaten so much: Mr.:

Now all you have to do is always find out the nutritional values ​​of the product.But eye do not eat only 9 rations of potatoes, if it is worth ... you meet the portions, but in your diet you have to put everything, vegetables, meat (protein), etc ... man one day if it is done notNothing happens: Mrgreen :.

If something is not clear, or there is any mistake that the opinions and experiences of others interest a lot: mrgreen:

info !!info !!

Host's profile photo
Host
06/13/2011 3:43 p.m.

Alcohol lowers sugar x Some reason more than what does what it does is to enhance insulin the power ... instead for example if you put insulin and t baths. The insulin is not enhanced but it is absorbed ... it responds ... responds .... It is activated faster ... Going back to the subject if you drink alcohol you have to accompany it with food if you cannot eat before but always mogul within reach and nothing dr drunks ..... hahaha

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
09/14/2011 1:47 p.m.

Nor some other controlled drunkenness !!!On special day? XPPPP
Thank you

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
09/14/2011 6:09 p.m.

Cacharreando I have found this:

Link

In general it is quite good, unless it must be made clear that light drinks are only for when they don't drink alcohol.

DiabetesForo
10/18/2011 11:11 a.m.

Hello: a question, the rum wears sugar?I thought so, but in a book I read no.What do you know about this?Because if I carry, I will drink it with Light Refresco.
Thank you!

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
10/18/2011 1:33 p.m.

Hello, here are the composition of the rum as far as HC is concerned:
Ron: Nutritional composition
Water (ml) 99.60
Energy (Kcal) 236.00
Carbohydrates (GR) 0.40
As you see, it has enough carbohydrates.Now, of the rum as of any alcoholic beverage you do not have to be careful with the hydrates but with its ability to cancel the liver in its hyperglycemic function when there is a hypoglycemia.
In case of hypoglycemia, your liver will release glucose that was stored in the form of glycogen, when there is alcohol in the blood the liver is so busy getting rid of it that the rest of their functions are forgotten therefore in case of hypoglycemia the liverHe will not be able to respond to her and cost it more to overcome it.On the other hand, alcohol effects can mask the symptoms of hypoglycemia.

It is advised that when you drink alcohol, it is done with sugary drinks or a light is alternated with a sugary especially if your blood glucose levels are normal and you will spend dancing all night.Faced with this, it must also be taken into account that alcohol does not lower glycemia, it only prevents it from climbing, therefore you start drinking with high blood glucose, for drinking alcohol will not lower you.

It is best not to go from drinking and controlling you from time to time to see how your body reacts.I, in my case that I do not usually move a drink with Light and it is not going badly, when I drank them with normal I arrived home high, but you know that each one is a world.

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
10/18/2011 4:29 p.m.

This may interest you Link

jmartigar's profile photo
jmartigar
04/08/2019 7:08 p.m.

I think this thread is something old, but good

Well, I have to say that I have stuck many parties ... It is like that, I always liked the Royo disco Tocha and so on.(It was urban tribe Jajaj)

As for alcohol, they have already told you, in the end it is to control itself, I had a conversation with my doctor and made it clear to me, you can do what you want but with a thousand eyes, and it depends on the royo, baby withSugar with sugar or not, but by standard, it is always soda without sugar, I have been a bit unconscious sometimes, cowings without control, redbull and other unthinkable varieties for a diabetic, but I have survived, in the end you have to live and we all havedays and days ...

On marijuana I do not agree to what they comment above, it does affect the levels to a greater or lesser extent, it depends on the type affects you in one way or another, at least to me ... and if, we must controlHunger, sometimes it costs hahaha

And about sex ... Well, the same, I have never had a problem in any sense, and curious situations enough truth, but I have always left airy after some mishap with hypos hahaha.As a curious note, I do not know if it happens to us all, but commenting with a type 1 diabetic friend like me, when you are at the time and it goes down or notes that go down into dive, I can not reach orgasm, it will be due to the lack of energy hahahaha

noko1987's profile photo
noko1987
04/10/2019 2:11 a.m.

Crónicas de un diabético gamer y currante a turnos 24x7
https://www.youtube.com/user/noko1987

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.