Salutres

moñiño's profile photo   06/12/2011 1:30 p.m.

Good, my name is Iñigo (Moñiño is my artistic name), I was born in the north but pro work I have lived in a village in Cuenca, not far from Valencia a moton of years already and I am diabetic type 1 since January.I am 36 years old and although diabetes is not entirely new to me (my father, grandparents, great -grandmother, my sister with 3 years) even with the advice that family and acquaintances are giving me with the problem, sometimes something lost.Not only for control, but for the physiological and mental changes that I face due to this new state.
Anyway, I hope to solve doubts and obtain the maximum information and give the maximum I can in this forum.
Salutres

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
06/12/2011 1:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

physiological and mental changes that I face due to this new state.: Shock:
Welcome Noñiño, I love your name or nickname with the two eñes, my favorite lyrics, who wanted to take it away.
At first it goes wrong, but you'll see how you overcome it.You follow this forum and say what you want, there will always be against help.
Adeuuuu :))

Consu's profile photo
Consu
06/12/2011 6:51 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Welcome to the forum, Moñino!
The early days are more complicated, assuming the disease, learning the effects of insulin, hydrates, how it affects exercise, emotions ... a new world ... fortunately, time makes everything more everyday,With a little attention and care your diabetes will go on wheels and you will see everything in a different way.
Here we are for what you need ... Tell us what treatment you carry, how are your controls ...
All the best.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/13/2011 4:47 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Welcome to the forum, Moñino!
The early days are more complicated, assuming the disease, learning the effects of insulin, hydrates, how it affects exercise, emotions ... a new world ... fortunately, time makes everything more everyday,With a little attention and care your diabetes will go on wheels and you will see everything in a different way.
Here we are for what you need ... Tell us what treatment you carry, how are your controls ...
Greetings.

I have been more or less from past Christmas and now uncontrolled.I get up with an average of 250, and rarely low from 200 throughout the day.
I started calling Novimix 30-8-8 with Lantus in 26 units at night and Novorapid corrections when necessary.
Last week I went to the endocrine, I spend 5-5-5 from Novorapid, with 34 from Lantus at night removing the Novomix.In addition to that, the metformin pill.
Before I had more routine at work, but now with the crisis, I am traveling day yes, no day, today esoty in the south, tomorrow in the north ....... and for a couple of weeks I have been so uncontrolled.
I can do, I can do a simple walk or run behind my baby, one hour, shoot me.As if melting something in the afternoon.If on top of it, I arrived high at night, so they took my ration in the afternoon.
Of emotions, because I notice it.I usually act as a magician, and at the end, it ended very high, but since it is many years and the nerves more or less had it assumed, this point is the only one that I carry well at the moment.Now I usually finish well.
That yes, they have given me 3 0 4 hypoglycemia, and since I did not like the sensation and I am something hypochondriac, I think that the jar of more, and that sometimes the one that is high is because of that fear for the one who eats something offurther.
I lost 20 kilos in a month, and although I have won January here 3kg, I still have two for the ideal optimal weight.
This is the summary.
Thanks for everything and salutres (which are more than greetings, kiss and hugs)

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
06/13/2011 9:21 a.m.

Welcome to Matrix

I imagine that you will be type 1 ... very basically, your pancreas does not produce insulin.
"Assume" this;Who has put that treatment to you is an alleged offender ...

Currently, the recommended thing for type 1 is the bolus-base pattern, that is, a basal insulin (Levemir or Lantus) that guarantees the minimum essential dose of insulin so that the body works and adding so many doses of ultrarapid insulin (novorapid, Humalog,Apidra) as meals do.
This is because it is about imitating the normal functioning of the healthy pancreas, both you eat so much insulin you put ... the diet by portions and its equivalence with the ultra -opide insulin bolus is basic.

In my view, Pauto Novomix after a debut is to demonstrate a scarce knowledge of diabetes by Matasanos.

And already the metformin:-/: Shock: unless you have obesity and/ or a resistance to insulin, patients with type 1 diabetes are useless.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/13/2011 1:48 p.m.

Of course Moñiño, with the Mix insulins, does not surprise me that you have bad control ... Let's see if now with the change to Lantus+fast you can lower those figures ... as a general guideline you have to keep in mind that the presentBefore meals) they must be around 100, if you lower better ... and the posts (measurements, 2 hours after eating) they must be inferred to 160. If the first is not fulfilled it is indicator that lack of basal insulin (Lantus in this case), and if the posts are higher than a quick insulin is missing, against whether they are very low is that you have the latter left over.
Come, a lot of courage and keep counting.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/16/2011 6:30 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I totally share what Owhas said endocrine as soon as possible, and you could even consider to file a complaint with the College of Physicians.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
06/10/2015 7:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.