Butter cookies and honey

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/07/2008 11:21 a.m.

In a bowl, 250 grams of butter, 3 teaspoons of honey (are approx.Be good and 2 eggs and 250 grams of flour are added and everything is mixed well.The dough is allowed to rest on the refrigerator about 10 minutes.A little cinnamon and another little vanilla powder is added and everything is very good mixed again.It kneads with a roller making a very fine dough.The forms of cookies are made and put on the oven tray on a paper so that they do not stick.Apart from, an egg is beaten and applied with a brush on the cookies.The oven is put at 200º and when the tray is hot and left 12 minutes.

Take advantage, for some special occasion!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/07/2008 11:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What kind of sweetener do you normally use? I understand that we talk about saccharin or aspartam

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
06/09/2008 2:17 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Fer, the one I use is called Gluceminus, of the Biocenturi brand, I do not know exactly right now if it is aspartamo or what and that I do not have the package by hand.Let's see if I look at it.

DiabetesForo
06/09/2008 4:02 p.m.

It is out of curiosity, I had been told that according to the type of sweetener, that it was not going well to cook, but I do not remember why ... if there is one you use and go well, I will use it too.;)

Thank you so much!,

fer's profile photo
fer
06/09/2008 4:14 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi Fer!The sweetener that I told you, Gluceminus, is posting potassium, isomalt and fibers and is suitable for cooking.It is used in the same quantities as sugar.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
06/11/2008 6:09 a.m.

... I think that the only sweetener who does not serve to cook is aspartamo, loses the properties with heat ...

DiabetesForo
06/11/2008 7:03 a.m.

If aspartamo powder loses properties, I use liquid saccharin ... but honey? eat honey?

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/22/2015 12:57 p.m.

Yes, sometimes at breakfast, or when I anticipate enough physical activity, yes, without spending and calculating insulin units to compensate for it.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/22/2015 1:40 p.m.

@fer This is temperature.Not all sweeteners support the heat, which I have understood, the Stevia and the tagatosa are going well for desserts.Also the polyalcohols sweeteners.There is a brand called Dayelet (but I can put it you take it away), which has a wide range to do everything, and comes with equivalences to sugar.Agabe's syrup is also very typical.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/24/2015 11:46 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

@pochola I referred to the natural, of course, to cook the honey I do not think it goes very well ...:-/

fer's profile photo
fer
07/24/2015 12:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.