Insulin in the plane

kuki's profile photo   06/13/2008 8:30 p.m.

Hello again I am by Aki (Muxas thanks for answering my previous question) Now my question is as follows:
In August I will go on a trip (Italy) 15 days and yearI don't know I have never traveled and I'm somewhat confusing I don't know if I would do well, please help me, I would like to know if any of you has traveled and k has exOus, thank you for everything

kuki's profile photo
kuki
06/13/2008 8:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have taken all insulin and accessories with me in the hand luggage ... The suitcases can be lost, and the temperature of the aircakes of the plane is very low, the insulin can be spoiled.I advise you to take her with you in cold wallets that keep her very well and occupy very little.There are several sizes in the function of the bolis that you take, I have one of 2 bolis, and another of 5.

Look at the page www.conexioni.com >>

anuski's profile photo
anuski
06/14/2008 5:02 a.m.

Hi Kuki!,

For my work I usually travel a lot, both nationally and internationally, I will copy some links to forum messages that deal with recommendations and topics of interest for when we travel, it would be the following:

tips for traveling with diabetes

At an informative level, you can see some interesting experiences on the subject ...

Protest in Eurocamara to limit fluids in the aircraft

I hope it is useful!

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
06/14/2008 11:32 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello

In addition to what they have told you, it is good to carry an endo report in which you put that you have diabetes and need insulin (in minimum English and Spanish).You can carry a recipe with your name and the insulin you use, which even if it is not an official document can also be worth it.

There is an easy rule to follow, to calculate what you have to take, twice what you have to have at home (glucometers, puncturers, strips, lancetas, insulins and needles).

And as they have already told you, everything in hand luggage, in the airplane winery it is easy to reach temperatures below 0º, with the risk of spoiling insulin and glucometers.In addition to the great risk of missing the suitcase.

In:
You have a lot of information and even a medical certificate model.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/14/2008 3:42 p.m.

Always insulin as the machine to measure with you, always with you.

And it has supplies for twice as much time you plan to stay.

and do not forget candies, or what you take for the dowers.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/23/2015 12:17 p.m.

Hi Kuki,

Fer has already answered you very well.

The recommended and almost mandatory is to carry insulin and other accessories in hand luggage:

1º Insulin in wineries due to low temperature can be crystallized and ... goodbye insulin, you have distilled water.
2nd And if you lose your luggage?Keep in mind that in other EU countries, as in Spain, insulin is sold with medical recipe.I would haveIt is above € 100).Etc ... In addition to the rush of sugar that will hit you for the disgust !!!

Better carries everything in hand luggage and do not forget the medical report to explain why you carry liquids, needles and other elements likely to commit an act of terrorism !!!

I leave you a medical report that you can edit and fill out and sign it and be your header or endocrine doctor.

Link

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
07/23/2015 1:36 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

I always carry the medical report and have never asked me.I have had more problems for wanting to put a juice hahaha.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
07/23/2015 2:32 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Is that juice can explode !!!

malefica33's profile photo
malefica33
07/23/2015 5:49 p.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

You need to take a letter issued by your doctor where you specify that you are diabetic and insulin dependent and that you need to inject x units, as well as constantly reviewing the glucometer, with that you will no longer have problems.
Greetings

victorvazquez's profile photo
victorvazquez
07/23/2015 6:43 p.m.

Well, they ask you for the medical jnforme or does not depend on the airport and security personnel.My SS experience that in Spain if the control is done by the Civil Guard do not put any problem, but my last experience at the Almería airport with a private security is to write an article !!!!I even wanted the pump to take off and required it !!!When I told him that he warned the Civil Guard or National Police, he has already finished liar, until they arrived, the anger that fell to the man was monumental, but the bad drink to me nobody takes away.

malefica33's profile photo
malefica33
07/23/2015 10:34 p.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

SIIIII Report !!!It is important.Not because of the bolis jijijijijijii, but for juices/ cookies/ sugar.
He is surrealisturrealist.
In the K Put Aposta K you need to carry with you hydrates.

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
07/23/2015 11:08 p.m.

This post jumped on Facebook, my last comment is an eternity, can someone explain to me, this is activated?
It generates confusion and I have participated in other issues like this and then you think .. I will be idiot ...
I only say it, I liked to participate in this forum as I have been doing it, I find it great to share experiences, but if the thing continues like this, I will leave.
Is it something solutionable?

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
12/25/2016 12:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.