DM2+600 calorie diet = cure?

Host's profile photo   06/25/2011 8:22 a.m.

Type 2 diabetes can be fought with a daily diet of 600 calories

The idea of ​​subjecting diabetics to that diet came to see that in patients undergoing gastric bypass, such diabetes used to disappear.

Type 2 diabetes can be eliminated in just seven days with a daily diet of 600 calories, according to a scientist from the University of Newcastle.

Professor Roy Taylor, director of the Magnetic Resonance Center of that English University, submitted for eight weeks to eleven volunteers who had recently diagnosed the disease to an extreme diet of drinks specially formulated and vegetables without starch.

After a week, blood sugar levels before breakfast had returned to normal, indicating that the pancreas and liver were normally working.

After eight weeks, all volunteers had managed to eliminate their diabetes, and three months later, seven of them were still free from the disease.

According to Taylor, who presents his discovery this weekend at a conference of the American Association against Diabetes in San Diego (California, USA) an excess of fat hinders the operation of the pancreas at the cellular level and prevents the normal secretion ofinsulin that regulates blood sugar.

When, thanks to this special diet, fat is eliminated, the organ in question recovers its normal functioning.

Until recently it was believed that type 2 diabetes, the most usual, was irreversible, but the British scientist claims to have shown that this process can be invested.

The idea of ​​subjecting diabetics to that diet came to see that in patients undergoing gastric bypass, such diabetes used to disappear.

Many believed that this was because surgical intervention affected intestine hormones, which had a derived impact on the pancreas.

However, Professor Taylor ventured the hypothesis that this could be due to the fact that surgery forced the sick to a strict dietary limitation.

According to the scientist, the MRI scanners made to the volunteers showed that the proportion of fat in their pancreas fell from 8 to 6 % in the eight weeks of the experiment.

Source: Link

600? !!It's very little ... what doesn't?: Mrgreen:

Host's profile photo
Host
06/25/2011 8:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I suppose this will only be valid for fat people, that they have enough kilos, because I don't think it served me, that I am very thin.In fact I know one who has lost 17 kilos and the last visit to the endo has told him that everything is normal, that he kept 1 metformin pill but that surely in the following consultation he will already take it away if everything remains the same.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
06/25/2011 2:02 p.m.

Everything he says right now that he cures diabetes, makes me distrust ...
Diabetes has no cure :!:
In cases where diabetes is produced by an overweight, perhaps returning to normal weight, with a healthy diet and exercise can be dispensed with medication.
But I do not think the problem disappears, it would be necessary to see how those bodies behave if one skips the diet one day.The normal thing is that the pancreas could with it and nothing happened, but I fear that it would not be so ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/27/2011 4:51 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.