Better than the Mediterranean Diet

andrenio's profile photo   06/26/2008 11:55 a.m.

Swedish nutritionist Staffan Lindeberg has discovered in an experiment that there is a better diet than the Mediterranean for Diabetes
Link

andrenio's profile photo
andrenio
06/26/2008 11:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hum.

What do I say ...

Where can you buy mammut?(At a good price, of course)

I don't know if they are going to give me a habitability card for cave ...

And the fruit ... is it worth that of Carrefour or do you have to take it from the tree, thus, natural and that?It is that here the owners of the trees have bad milk if you take the apples.

Walk queeeeeeee

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/01/2008 8:09 a.m.

Obviously, eating as in the paleolitic does not mean eating exactly what is ahead in the paleolitic as it comia, if not eating similar foods available today and in similar proportions.This explains this clearly.

andrenio's profile photo
andrenio
07/02/2008 1:33 p.m.

Andrenium,

Can you clarify three questions? .... Let's see ...

The first ... are you diabetic? ...

The second ... How long are you having with the Paleolithic diet?

The third ... what results have you obtained comparing the before and after?

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
07/03/2008 1:27 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

No, I am not.I have put the news here because I consider it interesting and I did not see anything published about this forum.
I have been with this diet for a year, I am a athlete.With this diet I have gained weight and maintain it and above all feel good and perform well in sport.

andrenio's profile photo
andrenio
07/03/2008 4:36 p.m.

That diet is dangerously similar to Atkins diet, in which all kinds of meats, fish, fats, proteins of all kinds and vegetables could be eaten, but prohibited hydrates.

Indeed, muscle is lost and gain at first.After a while, the organism is poisoned with ketones, the liver is punished and is not effective.

As an example I will quote what happened to Atkins himself, and that is that in the end obese and multiorgan failure died.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/03/2008 4:56 p.m.

Nothing to do with Atkins.Atkins as you say proclaimed the excessive consumption of fats, especially animals, and almost eliminated the consumption of fruit and vegetables.Paleolitics is low in carbohydrates but not so much for the body to enter ketosis.Paleolitics is a healthy eating way, it is not a diet to lose weight, even if it is easy to lose weight and maintain weight with it, since it is a satiating diet and eliminates bad and sugary fats from the diet.I follow her to keep weight and feel good how I feel.

andrenio's profile photo
andrenio
07/04/2008 2:35 a.m.

There is no consensus on an antidiabetes diet

In the US, experts still discuss the quantity and type of carbohydrates that a diabetic must consume.

In two more years, about 300 million people on the planet will have type 2 diabetes, according to the projections that manage international organizations.While some cases are of genetic origin, experts agree that in most of them the main culprits are the same people, since the disease is associated with bad eating habits and sedentary lifestyle.

In fact, a study published last May by the magazine "The Lancet" states that modifying these factors with diet and physical activity can prevent or delay up to 14 years the appearance of diabetes.

However, when the disease is already present, the recommendation to lose excess kilos and exercise is not entirely simple to apply.

according to an article published by "The New York Times", experts have not yet found an infallible approach that helps patients lose weight, and nutritional recommendations to prevent or reduce the effects of diabetes havebeen frequently confusing.

An example?More than 30 years after the American Association for Diabetes (ADA, its acronym in English) recommended a low fat diet and carbohydrates to control the disease, quite the opposite of what until then was postulated (a high dietIn fat and carbohydrates), there is still controversy over the quantity and type of carbohydrates that must be consumed.

Dr. María Loreto Aguirre, of the Association of Diabetics of Chile (Adich), requires a point where there is no discussion: "What sends is the amount of carbohydrates daily that the person needs, and that is established according to theirWeight, your physical activity and other conditions (see infographic) ".

At present, much of the debate has as its protagonist the glycemic index.

"Each food, especially carbohydrates, have the ability to generate an response at the blood sugar level after one or two hours (which is what deals gastric digestion)," explains Dr. Jaime Díaz, a diabetologistof the Santa María Clinic.

It is known that foods with a high glycemic index - such as drinks, cakes and white rice - raise blood sugar after consumption.On the other hand, foods with a low glycemic index - with vegetables and grains - are digested more slowly and, therefore, maintain the most stable sugar level.

Adjust the diet

However, the ADA decided that patients should not determine the consumption of their food according to the glycemic index."Although it is clear that carbohydrates have different glycemic responses, the information we have does not reveal a clear tendency in the benefits," he says in a statement.

The discussion in the US did not wait.Dr. David Ludwig, an endocrinologist and professor at Harvard Medicine School, told NYT that it is a mistake."Foods with a high glycemic index, such as refined grains, increase the blood sugar level two or three times more than unprocessed foods with a low glycemic index," he said.

"If food is being consumed with a high glycemic index food after food, the system will be affected and will produce insulin," the doctor added.The risk is that these blood sugar changes can trigger diabetes if the person has a genetic predisposition.

However, "many people have the impression that the glycemic index matters, but we have no sufficient evidence," said Dr. John Miles, a diabetologist at the Mayo Clinic.

An idea that Doctor Díaz agrees."The impact of the glycemic index is not practical and that is whyThe required carbohydrate counting is privileged, for example. "

Therefore, experts estimate that it is not convenient to adjust the diet of a diabetic patient based only on glycemic food indices.It is best to combine methods, as Dr. Aguirre explains."If you have two things with the same amount of carbohydrates, it is convenient to prefer those with a lower glycemic index."

precision when measuring glycemia

In addition to an adequate diet, one of the challenges of patients with diabetes, especially type 1 or insulin -dependent (10% of total diabetics), is to reduce errors in glycemia automation.

This occurs mainly when the glucometer calibrates badly once they begin to use a new container of reactive strips."This can lead to wrong doses of insulin," warns Dr. Fernando Munizaga, an endocrinologist at the San Borja Arriarán Hospital.

To reduce this risk, advances have been made in glucometers technology.The most recent in Chile is Contour, which does not require coding the reactive strips, since these are the ones that bring the information, which is read and self -controlled by the device.Another glucometer released this year in Chile is ACCU-CHECK PERFORMAN, which with an alarm reminds the patient perform the glycemia test.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/04/2008 4:45 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

In English Link
Google translation Link & amp; hl = es & amp; ie = utf8 & amp; sl = in & amp; tl = is

andrenio's profile photo
andrenio
07/04/2008 9:43 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.