Very slow novorapid

falconwings's profile photo   06/28/2011 4:24 a.m.

Hello everyone.

For a few weeks I am using a continuous meter of glucose Dexcom, and I am observing the behavior of the insulin novorapid that injected me for carbohydrates of the meals.According to the prospect and the endocrine, this insulin begins to act at 10 minutes, having its peak of effectiveness at 30 minutes.

In my case, insulin does not begin to act until after 45 minutes and even 1 hour.And the blood glucose continues to lower to very high rhythms after 2 or more hours.

Has anyone experienced this "slow" in the Novorapid?

Thank you.

falconwings's profile photo
falconwings
06/28/2011 4:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I never used novorapid but it happens to the other two ultra -grants that I used, both Humalog and now Apidra, they never had a fast effect as the prospects say ....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/28/2011 4:29 a.m.

Something similar happens to Humalog.Now I wear it half an hour before breakfast and with Dual Bolus.70% at the beginning and 30% for an hour ... but gave me a hicc

tica's profile photo
tica
06/28/2011 4:32 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

particularities of each.The times that the prospect marks are correct on average.But then everyone has their particular curve.It starts to function as it says in the prospect, and effectively at the time it is buzzing "Full".As for its end of the cycle, I do not know very well how you will see with so much poise the end of action of an insulin when there is below another basal.It doesn't seem so easy, but good.In my case at least, I have no idea how much it lasts to me, but I could say that I also agree with what the prospect says.
Anyway, the Novorrapid is a slightly larger insulin of action and with a slightly less powerful peak than the Humalog.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/28/2011 4:58 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

In my case, and thanks to Dexcom, the novorapid begins to act and when its effect ends.Before having the Dexcom already suspected that its action was not the one indicated by the prospect, and now with the continuous meter I have carefully corroborated it.

Things of each body, I imagine.

Greetings.

falconwings's profile photo
falconwings
06/28/2011 5:47 a.m.

In my case, I also realized how my body reacts thanks to the continuous meter, but it is complicated to know ... I was very pissed through the beak that made the 250 breakfast at half an hour and that it was not conscious because I amtwo hours and was 100 and little ...

tica's profile photo
tica
06/28/2011 6:42 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

On the one hand it is quite complicated to check when insulin begins to take effect ... we only have the glucometer or continuous meter .... An both cases, accuracy and reliability, sometimes let it be desired, and especially when we spin sofine and we want to measure very specific and precise situations.

On the other hand, it is very likely that the action of insulin (measured by the meters through blood glucose) goes unnoticed by the effect of the rise of carbohydrates that we eat ... that is not so simple, go.

Finally, insulin absorption is not always the same every day ... I think we all know.

DiabetesForo
06/28/2011 4:13 p.m.

It depends on each body but the novorapid that I use, it is fast action begins to take effect at 20 30 minutes it does the maximum piko at 3 hours and lasts 5 hours is a D the best like lantus but this last one is of prolonged actionAnd slow

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
09/17/2011 6:30 p.m.

@Geminis247
You mean that I have to wear it half an hour before eating, the same is that, but still, I put 4 units at 8.30 in the morning, breakfast and today at 1:30 p.m. I was at 238, I have hallucinated, I don't know what to do, the good thing about the case is that I do not mend, because I have never done it and at night I reached normal levels.
I feel immensely tired, I think that so much up and down leaves me very exhausted, will that be?

boucles's profile photo
boucles
04/26/2016 2:56 p.m.

diagnostico final: sindrome metabolico.
HG: 5.8 OBJETIVO ALCANZADO Y SIN INSULINA !!!!!!!!!! ahora a intentar mantenerse en estos niveles !!!!!!

tica said:
In my case, I also realized how my body reacts thanks to the continuous meter, but it is difficult to know ... I was very pounded by the peak that made a 250 breakfast of 250At half an hour and that I was not aware because I mediated at two hours and I was 100 and little ...

It happens to me.I mediated at 45 minutes after breakfast and I find values ​​touching the 200. And at 2 hours, 100 or even less.
I think breakfast is a complicated quadrar.What I do is put the insulin 10 minuots before having breakfast and slow down, taking about 20 minutes or so.Thus I avoid the peaks.I have tried it with the continuous meter and works.
It also tries not to take a lot of fat or butter, that makes the obsorction of the hydrates slowly and in the end have peaks.
Everything is to try and try and continue testing until the right point.
Good luck

OscarelGato's profile photo
OscarelGato
04/26/2016 3:25 p.m.

I have taken Excel the Free data and there is no guideline in the morning.Sometimes the novorapid acts in 15 min in 30 and others at 2 hours, I suppose that for many causes.
I have also proven it with lunch at 11:00 more or less, until 14:00 or there is no more or less stable behavior in the insulin/HC ratio.

The morning peak will not be able to avoid it, but control;Endo told me that for her everything correct, so I'm not going to worry much more.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/10/2016 1:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

According to the manufacturer, Novorapid begins to take effect at 15 minutes and goes to maximum "power" between the time 1 and 3 of having put it, getting to do some effect until the time 5. It would be this graph that I have found on the Internet andHow attached.

This is the theory, then we are already a world.In my case, I have this graph totally proven and the times are completed.

The million dollar question is: is there a faster insulin than Novorapid in the market?

Right when I correct myself, I have to wait at a minimum of 1 hour to start lowering glycemia ... if there was something faster ... it would be milk for corrections.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/11/2016 9:14 a.m.

I have now changed Humalog to Novorapid and it happens to me, right now I have hyperglycemia and my sensor tells me that it continues to rise.It takes longer to take effect

Remegc's profile photo
Remegc
05/20/2016 7:41 p.m.

@REMEGC What will take you to take effect is not the novorapid, it is the three -year to which it will cost you more to adapt because it is flatcase, be patient !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/20/2016 11:20 p.m.

It also depends on the time of day.To me in the morning as I suffer from the effect of Alba, although I am injecting the insulin one hour before breakfast, glycemia continues to upload to high levels (it is as if water injected me).Instead at eating or dinner I click and almost immediately as.

DiabetesForo
05/21/2016 6:24 p.m.

I even used it a couple of years ago and just like you, to wait half HR to go down.It happens that it is an insulin of excellent quality in the sense that it integrates into your body without causing cell damage, contrary to Apidra that is faster but so quickly cannot be good coming from a medication (it does not seem to you?) You can get used to placing itMedia HR before meals, and if you get up with high levels, increase the basal at night with the Alba phenomenon is not advisable to have breakfast (until you have dropped to at least 100) because remember that the units go to theWork in the body that most needs insulin 1st, if there is high in ALBA will go to it and no longer reached it for food.In that case as I said, it is necessary to increase the basal at night, the test begins with 2u and you will see the difference;): P

jazmin253's profile photo
jazmin253
05/27/2016 11:08 p.m.

The novorapid lasts 2 hours in the body, hurrying would say that 2.5 hours.In the morning it is like water although I get twice and breakfast half an hour later, sometimes even in hiccases but I'm going to 215 yes or yes.It is entering food into the body and I don't know if at the same time I have alba effect and insulin cannot with everything.
In the rest of the meals it behaves well, about two hours of effect, then my values ​​are being around 92-100.So well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/30/2016 11:03 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Although this thread is from 2016, I would like to add a detail:
@albertot yes there is a more "fast" insulin than the novorapid.It is called Fiasp (it has already been spoken in this forum in another thread), but Spain has not yet arrived (nor have too many studies have been done).April 2018.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/30/2018 8:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.