Pregnancy First quarter

paula's profile photo   07/01/2011 6:28 p.m.

Hello everyone.I have been in state for two and a half months.My values ​​before pregnancy were relatively good (between 120-180), but now my endocrine is demanding between 90-140 and sincerely I do not.I would like to know if someone can answer me if having those values ​​can affect the future baby.Thanks in advance.

paula's profile photo
paula
07/01/2011 6:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Paula

Congratulations on pregnancy, I hope everything goes well.

I spend a link of our header website:

What glycosylated hemoglobin did you have just before getting pregnant?
As very minimal you should be less than 7, desirable to 6.5% and perfect around 6%.
Although better a stable glycosilated than one of 6 with many ups and downs.

Have you checked eyes, kidneys, heart ...?
Pregnancy can aggravate pre -existing pathologies such as retinopathy, neuropathy or nephropathy

Logically the more stable and lower your glycemia better for the baby, always without reaching the hypos.
And for that you have no choice but to do many self -analysis ... at least before and after each meal.

The main complication that your future child can have is the macrosomia .... I think that from week 25 or 28 is when the growth percentiles begin to be compared and determine whether the baby grows a lot or not.

Keep in mind that pregnancy in a person with diabetes is considered a risk pregnancy, and as you owe it to you and your partner, your environment and your medical team.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/02/2011 2:14 p.m.

Congratulations!I would propose to your endocrine if they can put a continuous glucose meter in the hospital, at least what the pregnancy lasts.When we put my son from Medtronic, they also put it to a pregnant girl, in both cases the social security did not cover it, but later I have known about cases that have covered them social security.Look at the messages below, there is information about continuous meters, they have advanced a lot, both the Dexcom and the Medtronic Minilink have small needles (this has improved a lot of Medtronic).Take care of yourself, you will have a beautiful baby.
Note: To those who are around here of diabetic, endocrine associations (some take a look), I don't know why technology still has to be pregnant with diabetes "Passing them forwith an urgent character that social security is given.Already, there is already crisis, let's go, it will be the diabetic pregnant women who sink the JA system!

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/04/2011 6:44 a.m.

Gracis for your answers, guys.
Owash, your advice are unpayable.Mornita, your mood and your support say a lot about you.Regarding the sensor, if you tell me that the needles are smaller I will think about it.Before I wore it, but it hurt a lot to put it (I'm very thin and those needles were like swords).
Have a good summer.

paula's profile photo
paula
07/05/2011 7:45 a.m.

Note: To those who are around here of diabetic, endocrine associations (some take a look), I don't know why technology still has to be pregnant with diabetes "Passing them forwith an urgent character that social security is given.Already, there is already crisis, let's go, it will be the diabetic pregnant women who sink the Ja!

I told it a few weeks ago in the thread of the route ... I asked an anesthetist about how they acted with a patient with diabetes when he was intervened ... and except for pancreas transplants, what he told me put my hair on end.
Obviously, from the continuous meter I did not have the most remote idea ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/06/2011 1:50 p.m.

Paula If you have the possibility of the new Medtronic Enlit, but come on that he complained and now he doesn't even find out.The sensor is like a pelito, I think it measures 9-10 mm, we go like a catheter of the "elders" hehe!and is inserted with a mechanism similar to that of the catheter.I would not hesitate to the continuous head meter.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/07/2011 7:17 a.m.

Thank you, but where I live (in Castilla la Mancha) those "modernuras" has not yet arrived: Evil :, With telling you that the endocrine that carries the pregnancies told me to point again all the values ​​in the notebook,because she did not have to download the bomb and also she did not know how to interpret the reports!Because of course I offered to download the bomb in my house and take the infomes printed, but as I have already told you before it did not seem good .... but do not miss it that it is the head of endocrinology, what do I sayI will win your good rooms so as not to catch up! .., but in short, this is Spain.: Evil :: Evil:

paula's profile photo
paula
07/11/2011 11:05 a.m.

Something similar happened to me, here they were accustomed to the notebook where you aim the glycemia, it seemed to torture and a backwardness, let's go but if any glucometer has its program to download the data, then the prints and that's it.So we began to take them the printed data and although at first it was not going well, little by little they adapt.You insist again, you take them printed and tell you that you forget to point in the librettite, to look at the pump reports, if there is one called "registration diary" (or something like that) and it is the same as aOf those "books" that they like so much.As for the literal sensors, it is no "modernure" (hahaha! What grace has made me) sure that in your hospital they put medtronic bombs and continuous meters, they just have to ask the representative to bring them, it is not about sensorsRare and special, they are only the next generation to the "soft sens" that are the greats you have used.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/11/2011 11:21 a.m.

I carry we are 5.5 during pregnancy, it can be achieved, but pure to look at the finger and rectify with insulin.
Continuous meters are contraindicated for pregnant women.I wanted it and did not put me.

Above all, be patient because they are 9 months of pregnancy, and it will be increasingly difficultReason for that.

Don't worry, you're going to be very well controlled, everything is going well, your son will be born perfect.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/10/2015 10:40 a.m.

Hi @Anzazuleg, with that good level of control, how do you carry hypoglycemics?

fer's profile photo
fer
06/10/2015 10:43 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I didn't have hypoglycemia, any man, but nothing abnormal, rather I had few, it's a matter of looking at glucose, but many times, every 3 hours or so I remember that he looked at them.
Tb ate a lot, it is a pregnancy and ate at all hours.

He passes away 3 times a day, more or less, to be almost all day eating, and then that sugar in pregnancy tends to be high and insulin not to take effect.

But it is very thought at the beginning as much control, then as everything progresses, you get used to it and as it's 9 months ... Well, Ale Jarse, hahaha .... But it is worth it, that my son was born with 3,175gr, without problems and more handsome than anyone,:-P
That if they cause you the childbirth ahead of time and the "big head" did not want to leave, and in the end it was by Caesarea.

But all good, moreover, diabetes did not mean a problem, other things derived from pregnancy if, such as checks, vomiting, the doll was "dislocated", I had as rheumators in my hands, etc.Come on, the least was to prick the finger and put insulin, hehehe ....

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/10/2015 11:26 a.m.

Well, I debuted in April 2012 and I became pregnant in November of the same years, I don't know if it was for the honeymoon but I switch 18 of slow and fast the 3 main meals of the day to prick only 2 u of slowAlmost all the first half of the pregnancy, my son was born perfect, great because he is huge family, not for diabetes, 'vaginal delivery at 37 weeks, with 4 kg 60 gr.It was not necessary to provoke it because it came out alone.With epidural, a good pregnancy.I believe that 180 is not so much, the control of the possible and everything will go well, walk a lot and relax and enjoy.@paula

kerensammolina's profile photo
kerensammolina
11/22/2016 10:58 p.m.

Diabetes Mellitus Tipo 1
Debut a los 19 años
Tresiba y Humalog

@owash If at any time in pregnancy, glycemia are somewhat high, can the fetus only affect that way?I am scratched with the subject, I want to get pregnant but put on the bomb throws me back a lot, I do not usually have hyperglycemia unless you make a meal out of my restaurant type routine or something ... I don't know,I am so worried about the subject ... with which my diabetes can affect the fetus and with which in the future my son can be diabetic :(

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/22/2016 11:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.