Low insulin, am I diabetic?

Merche's profile photo   07/17/2008 8:04 p.m.

I just discovered you and I have grabbed you like a burning nail, since I see that you are many and with experiences to give and take.
I would thank you for a hand.
I don't know what happens to me, I don't know whether or not I am diabetic.

I will tell you that I go to the endocrine because I have noticed an exaggerated increase in my weight in the last two years, without varying my diet or my habits, unless I have been noticing that I am very hungry and that every time I have hypoglycemia (I did not know it was, I simply dedicated myself to say that I gave me the Telele, ate, because I want crazy desires for eating and ready)
The entrance endocrine sent me to buy a glucose meter, and for 20 days, more or less, I have been measuring.
On an empty stomach my glucose is well around 90 mg.The problem arises when I finished eating food, that I am shooting, I know it is logical that it goes up, but I notice some symptoms obvious in my body that I get too much, we go that I notice palpitations, sweat and a discomfort that passes after20 minutes or so.

The levels after eating are between 180 mg.and the 310 mg ..
The doctor told me that on a maximum of 110 mg.and after eating a maximum of 150 mg.
So according to these medical indications I have high sugar.
I was sent to do analytics and I have collected the results yesterday, I have not been able to resist and I have taken a look at the figures and I have stayed Pasmaáá :?: Shock:
I am well fasting in fasting, 86 mg., I am well sugar two hours after breakfast 74 mg.But insulin tell me that it is very low: 2 UU/ml when the reference values ​​are limited between 5.0-20.0 UU/ml.

I have tried to look for information online (sometimes so much information at our disposal I do not know if it will be good and recommended) but there are hardly any references to having low insulin.At least I do not find much related to the subject.

I have consult with the endocrine next week, but I swear I can't stand with so many questions, I have a Bestial Tarro Comedura.

Any of you understand something of this anomaly?
What happens to me?
Am I diabetic?
If so, how is it known if it is type 1 or type 2 ???

How is it possible that at approximately two hours of having ingested food, the levels lower me (above eg) until I feel symptoms of hypoglycemia (not always) but I always notice an imperative need to eat something.

They may be too many questions, some maybe they are evident and easy for you, but for me they are very important.I hope you get me and I hope you help me dissipate these doubts.
Thanks for your help.
Greetings

Merche's profile photo
Merche
07/17/2008 8:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Merche,

After reading your case, and the questions you ask, I can tell you that you are surely not diabetic of type 1, this type of diabetes occurs mainly in young individuals, although it can appear at any stage of life, and is characterized by theNull insulin production due to autoimmune destruction of β cells of the Langerhans islets of the pancreas mediated by T cells. It is usually diagnosed before 30 years of age.

Some typical symptoms are:

• of thirst

• Excessive urinary
    Weight loss despite the increase in appetite
    Nausea
    Vomiting

• Abdominal

• Absence of menstruation
  • From what you say, I think that being diabetic, you would be rather type 2, although, nothing better than the founded opion of a professional after a medical review.

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
    fer
    07/18/2008 5:04 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
    Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

What Fer says, that the doctors think that they are.

In any case, this being a forum I am going to comment :)) (Warning that I am not a doctor).

The hypoglycemia that you say do not indicate precisely diabetes (the opposite would be quite), the abnormally high postpandral values ​​would be indicative of an abnormality in the functioning of insulin (or the pancreas).

The possibilities are varied: since you are at an initial stage of diabetes, through pathologies such as food intolerances (lactose or similar) or that you suffer from autoimmune diseases (hypothyroidism).

The glycemia are greatly affected by any hormonal alteration and in general of the body, so it is best to perform a good medical check -up and then we will see (the same is left in a simple infection ... I hope).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
    DiabetesForo
    07/18/2008 10:50 a.m.

Hi Merche .... We hope you tell us when you have your doctor's answer .... Much encouragement and hopefully everything is Oswash, a simple infection.

Velia's profile photo
    Velia
    07/19/2008 4:09 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
    Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
    Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
    Última hemo 6.1

:?:-/ :?
    I hope that is ... but there is no something inside me that does not let me be very positive :(
    Let's wait to see what the endocrine tells me on Thursday.

Thanks for your opinions.;)

Merche's profile photo
    Merche
    07/19/2008 8:17 p.m.

Hello chic@s !!
    I have gone this afternoon to the endocrine and well ... the truth is that the thing has not clarified much, because it has not been very concrete ...
    In principle, (and in the end also :))) says that you have to do more tests to find out that I have those glycemic changes.
    That insulin lows because glucose low.
    It has not given an importance of importance to the fact of having 2 UU/ml, when the reference values ​​are between 5.0-20.0 UU/ml.
    Well the truth is that it has not given much importance to anything.
    He has simply told me not to keep weight and that he does not eat things that fat me :?: Oops ::-/
    That eats 6 times a day, but little quantity and things that do not fat
    And that in November he returns by consultation with the results of an analytical that has sent me to do, to rule out more things ...
    I just know that I don't know anything.
    I have left worse than I have entered ... :?

Merche's profile photo
    Merche
    07/24/2008 6:38 p.m.

Hello Merche, if a type 1 diabetes is suspected, antibodies and a C peptide should be requested in the analytics (which is the insulin reserve that the pancreas remains), in addition to the glyd that is the average glycemia you have hadthe last 2-3 months,
    Basal insulin, which is what they have asked in your case, does not have much relevance if it is low because glucose is also low and therefore it is normal that there is not much.

As for hypoglycemia, the same thing happens to me, I have grated a lot for that subject, but in my case if I am type 1 diabetic (they told me three days ago), since I have the positive antibodies and there is no return;What I am in the beginning very principle and enfin, the pancreas goes as it chasms.

In your case, given the weight gain, I think it is due to another cause.Perhaps to a type 2 diabetes or some metabolic trretern such as hypothyroidism, polycystic ovaries or something that is disappointed everything.

G1992's profile photo
    G1992
    01/03/2017 7:53 p.m.

Dm1. Glicada 6,6
    Free + 14 ui Tresiba + rapida segun CH
    Enfermera

@"Merche" how are you going?

Calolu's profile photo
    Calolu
    03/29/2017 9:29 a.m.

It is a post that is over 5 years old ..

Regina's profile photo
    Regina
    03/29/2017 5:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
    Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.