The Fede warns of the lack of type2 diabetes control

fer's profile photo   07/28/2008 5:44 a.m.

The Fede warns of the lack of control of type 2

Rest and relax are classically associated words to summer and on vacation days, something that many diseases do not understand that continue to affect the quality of life of those who suffer them and seriously increasing the risks on their health, warned yesterday in a statement theFederation of Spanish Diabetics (Fede).

This is the case of diabetes that, especially among people who suffer from the so -called type 2 (90% of those affected in the Canary Islands), which although it does not need insulin to be treated, can affect those who suffer from those who suffer fromThe changes of life habits that are carried out in summer and that usually cause the guard to get the control of blood sugar levels.

From the Fede, and as explained by the new president, Ángel Cabrera, "we intend to raise awareness among people that during the holidays they must continue alert in what refers to diet, alcohol consumption or physical activity. Monitor their sugar levelsIn blood and go to the doctor as soon as they return to their usual place of residence, it is something that no type 2 diabetic should stop doing. "Type 2 diabetes affect only 3 million people in Spain (diagnosed diabetes) and is considered by experts such as the true 21st century epidemic in developed countries.

All agents involved in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diabetes coincide by pointing out the high levels of infradiagnosis that type 2 diabetes records.

In this sense, Ángel Cabrera says that "about half of type 2 diabetics, which represents about 1.5 million people in Spain, do not know that they are. This means that they do not receive treatment and that they have ahigh risk of suffering the consequences. "

fer's profile photo
fer
07/28/2008 5:44 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I say that from the Fede it could be a bit stricter ... Angel Cabrera is a very prepared uncle ... Maybe they have set him in context words

There are many type 2 that need insulin , for the causes, but need it.
It is that following that path we continue with the topicazos: "Type 2 have good diabetes", or "as I do not sish I have no diabetes", "I have a little sugar but I have no diabetes"

Are there 3 or 1.5 million type 2 diabetics in Spain?

I seemed to read the other day that was for 15% of the Spanish population ...:-/

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/28/2008 12:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.