Driving license renewal

juandipichardo's profile photo   09/08/2008 11:03 a.m.

I was diagnosed with diabetes when I had not had permission for a year.Now I fulfill the ten years and play renew, but:

Why is time renewal?
What reports do you have to carry?
Do they demand certain maximum levels of glucose, glycosylated hemoglobin, etc?
Do the reports make them in the medical examination centers themselves?

Please, if someone has recently been renewed or knows of legal issues, that he informed me, thanks.

juandipichardo's profile photo
juandipichardo
09/08/2008 11:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Juan,

The first time I was in your situation I had a bad experience, I told you, I had all the tests and tests, that if the view, hearing, etc ... in the end they do an interview with the doctor and it ends youTo fill the review document, everything was going well and they were going to renew for 10 years, when I "put the leg" and it occurred to me to tell him that I had diabetes .... there it turned out that for the administration we are a danger or something or somethingSimilar, he told me that I could not renew for 10 years, that I would have to renew every year from then on ... incredible!, to round it, he explained that this regulation seemed absurd, but that I had to apply it, that you haveWhat to change, because it is from the year of the catapum, but that while it is so, it cannot let the diabetics renew every 10 years.

I don't even tell you how I spent the year, with a rebound of noses, I decided not to tell anyone that I had diabetes ...

After the year, I did the review again, they looked at everything they have to look at and when I sat down again with the doctor, I did not say pio ... result, renewed for 10 years ... it is unfortunate that this worksThus, and that we have to flee as outlaws, but they leave us more option, I have not yet heard of a single case of accident by diabetes, so to date, renewing for 10 years.

That they give politicians who know this for years and do not move a finger ...

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
09/08/2008 12:50 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello again

-As Fer explained, just because they have diabetes (eye, insulin -dependent) they prevent us from renewing the driving license for 10 years.

However, providing an endo report in which it specifies good diabetes control (glycosylated below 7) and absence or minimal hypoglycemia is sufficient for renewal to be extended from the year to 4 years.

If you usually drive, and much more if it is indispensable for work, I think it should "declare" our disease (problems with insurance could arise in case of serious accident ...)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/09/2008 10:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.