Varied questions of a new

boya's profile photo   09/18/2008 10:43 a.m.

Hello everyone,
I have diagnosed type 2 diabetes a couple of years ago, my doctor has been assigning the medication, and today I am using metformin 1 gram and as an antiglucemic use rosuvastatin (novonorm) 1 mg with each meal.Until there all, what I have 2 doubts: I had my medication last night as always, 2 hours later I took my glucose and I was in 122, I go to sleep and when I take this morning on an empty stomach the reading indicates 137 ...

And one more doubt, I am not sure that 'so' diabetic I am: my usual controls indicate an emptyway level between 90 and 140 maximum, and maximum postprandial of 175, and without medication and consuming hydrates the maximum levels I have had areOf 205. I am not sure at what level I would be given these values, if I have to worry a lot or if I am well controlled.

SLDS and thanks in advance
Diego

boya's profile photo
boya
09/18/2008 10:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello

Between 122 and 137 there is not much difference.The glucometers do not mark an exact value, you can go 5-10%.Logically the higher the most deviant value is the measurement.

On the other hand, the body when waking up glucose (a kind of preparation to face the day), usually happens that if you do the glycemia as soon as you get up and half an hour later (without eating anything) you have a higher value.

Another option is that what you have had a very slow absorption hydrates and the climb is several hours after having eaten.Meals with abundant fats slow down digestion and absorption.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/19/2008 5:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.