Hi, I'm Gina and I want to introduce myself

Georgina Leon's profile photo   10/08/2008 7:07 p.m.

Hi, I'm Georgina, I'm 35 years old, married to 2 beautiful children and a year ago they detected type 2 diabetes;In my first pregnancy I had gestational diabetes the last 5 weeks, at my birth my glucose was normalized, my son is 3 years old, the second pregnancy was normal without complications and controlled thanks to God, my baby is 1 year 11 months.For a year since an infection in the throat that many studies did to me, they discovered that it was diabetics, before which after a year and a few months I have not been able to accept or know much about the disease for fear that I have to the unknown, that it is not so much because my parents have been diabetic for a long time and without control (my father) that to date has all kinds of complications, I have decided with all the pain that this implies for me, to control this disease thatWhile I have known how well controlled it takes you to a better quality of life ... I am very sad, I am afraid and my children and my husband are what motivates me to be fine.I live in Puebla, Mexico

Georgina Leon's profile photo
Georgina Leon
10/08/2008 7:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Georgina !!
I find myself in the same case as you, I also diagnosed me very little, in my case type 1, and it is very afraid to face a disease that requires so many care, despite that toodo the world is telling me what worse things there are,etc.My reality is this, and it is the one I have to live.

I encourage you not to leave, follow a treatment and pay attention to everything doctors tell you, because they will teach you to have a better quality of life, and not have complications in the future.

Do it for your children, for your husband, for you ... for whoever., But do it!

A strong hug

kathaysa's profile photo
kathaysa
10/09/2008 3:15 a.m.

Let's see, Georgina:

That attitude of hiding the head under the wing irritates me greatly.
Do you mean you don't know the disease for fear of the unknown?Send noses.If you bother to inform you, it will stop being unknown, and it was fear, right?

The truth is that I do not understand that, seeing the family history, your father's complications, etc., you still doubt the important thing to control from the beginning.

Anyway, since it seems that you now consider taking care of yourself, here you have us, in case you need advice.

For now, the only thing I can tell you is that controlling the disease is the only thing that will avoid those complications.

Courage and greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/09/2008 11:56 a.m.

Welcome Georgina.Indeed, this disease is known to make it easier, so to learn.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
10/10/2008 6:42 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.