Lada diabetes

kathaysa's profile photo   10/13/2008 4:01 p.m.

Hello everyone!!!

I have been reading about Lada Diabetes, more than anything to give an explanation to the atypical way of my debut, and I do not know if it has been very clear at all.

From what I understand, the pancreas still has some insulin reserve and therefore my normal values ​​without medication are not "so high" (between 250 and 300 at most).But I imagine that insulin reserve will be less in time .... is it the same as what you say about "being in honeymoon"?

Then with this type of diabetes could be with oral antidiabetics during a while, and when they no longer work to insulin ... or would it be better to start with the insulin of the pull?Have I also read that both could be mixed?

On Friday they did another test: "Glucagon test for peptide C".As they told me it was to see what insulin reservation my pancreas had.
I got very bad by the way, they took a road where I managed the glucagon I imagine what it would be, and they took blood at the time and at 6 minutes.I started to get dizzy and vomit, white as for a wall ... the nurse and my mother there are abancing, and then with a bad body all day ...

The Wednesday I am finally going to the endocrine, what do I want!Because I continue with a little little ear to eat because of metformin (I've been taking it for 15 days, I don't know if it will be normal) ... and hopefully I will have the results of the last test too, they have put it urgent ... Let's golet's see...

I will keep telling you ...

kathaysa's profile photo
kathaysa
10/13/2008 4:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Kathaysa :))

I am also new here.The beginnings in my diabetes, I imagine that each one has its history, were similar to yours.
Well really I started with gestational diabetes, when giving birth, cure, or so they said.
And 2 years later a lada diabetes, that must have been, because I identify with what you tell.I was 1 year old with diamicron (I think it was called) and then I already went to insulin, they told me that my reservations had ended.
After that, they always said DM type I, and I still with insulin, I've been 10 years, and as everyone (I imagine) of everything there are, good times and times that could be better.
Good luck, for me the principle, apart from the Sophoco of the diagnosis, has not been bad, I have been able to control the figures, get used to the diet (the worst to give up the Dulceeeeeeee) ... well, now in the distance, I think it was notevil.
Good luck with your figures, to learn the ration tables, and tell us.
Kisses

ratolina's profile photo
ratolina
02/11/2009 5:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.