Hello everyone, medical bracelet

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/26/2008 3:19 p.m.

Hello everyone,
As you can see in my signature, I have various relatives with medical problems, and a very special friend with diabetes.The truth is that I still don't know about this disease (I am informing myself to understand and help it), but through my son Iker, I have realized how difficult it turns out to have something or be sick.My son is allergic to amoxicillin, among other things, and once I leave my weekend mother.He had a very strong otitis and my mother did not remember the allergy to amoxicillin .....
I tried to find something in Spain, to be able to put their medical problems ... but I found nothing more than the typical sheet, which I did not like for a child.So I decided to create Velcro identifying bracelets, where you can name, telephone, address and most importantly in my case, medical information.Outside I put a medical symbol, and I made them in adult gray, thinking about my grandfather who has Alzheimer's ... I leave my website:
I am going to surf the forum, to have more information about diabetes, and the guys there are ... when I have doubts I hope to count on you :)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/26/2008 3:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Sedai.I've been seeing the web and I think it's good idea about the bracelet.Angela has a plaque but that if it makes him bother him ... I imagine that the bracelet will be easier to wear for the little ones.
Taking into account that her best friend is allergic to tropecum things, I think I'm going to invest in a couple of Ellar (pity there is no blue that is Rebeca's favorite color).
Thanks and greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/27/2008 3:25 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I of the plaque for my son who now has almost two a year and a half, I did not see it clear ... Besides that it would have already lost or broken ... it is a break!
My eldest son is almost 4 years old and is very presumed and likes to take her, the little one, as it is a break, I have put it in the coat, but as he has velcro, I can change her place.
At first I thought about blue and pink, and then I thought I was very boy and girl.So I thought that if someone had two nilñas, I could put a green and a rose.I love that green, well, I'm going to say, if I chose it!jjajaja, also asked the opinion of several mothers of girls and went out the green

DiabetesForo
11/27/2008 2:23 p.m.

How does your girl carry the insulin being so small?When did they diagnose it?And how Distew does it tell?(I am a rookie in this yet) mine does not understand that there are things that cannot eat and sometimes it does not carry it very well, especially when you see that your brother does

DiabetesForo
11/27/2008 2:26 p.m.

Hi Sedai .... Children often adapt quite well to new situations.My daughter has been diabetic for 5 years (he debuted at 5 and now has 10).At first they cost them the needles, but they get used to it.Anyway, Angela has insulin bomb that is an infusion system in which the injections are eliminated since insulin passes from a device to a catheter that has inserted under the skin, a more comfortable method and that allows a much better life...
You ask me about the symptoms .... They are quite evident, loss of weight, thirst and intense hunger, urinating very frequently.It is common for a accuse smell, similar to apples in breath due to acetone .... In short, very striking symptoms that suspect that Algon does not work well.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/28/2008 3:43 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello ... I return

Although when my family told me I was a bit reluctant to see the advantages, thinking about it is a good idea to take it in certain situations (pool, beach ...).What is not clear to me is whether the health personnel carries a reader of the code ... or you can read the information in another way.That is: the information is only decipherible by someone who has a code reader?

Does anyone have experience and can explain it to me?

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
04/30/2016 5:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.