The Spanish Diabetics Federation Public Guia Diabetes

fer's profile photo   11/27/2008 3:32 a.m.

The Federation of Spanish Diabetics (FEDE) has published a guide on type 2 diabetes mellitus, jointly prepared by doctors, patients and nurses, which responds to the most frequent doubts raised bypeople suffering from this disease.Continue reading the Arriculum

The president of the Biscay Association of Diabetes and Fede in Euskadi, Oscar López de Briñas, stressed that this disease, which affects more than 100,000 people in the Basque Country and about three million in Spain, requires "having a lotInformation on a day -to -day basis, because the patient must be very rigorous with the treatment that corresponds to him. "

Fernando Álvarez-Guisasola, a family doctor who has participated in the elaboration of the guide, has indicated that the guide is also important for the health careers, mainly of primary care, because it unifies the information that must be communicated to the patient.

The manual answers 115 questions asked by patients about real situations and doubts, and that deal with complications to the prevention of available treatments, as well as the keys to "self -care", food and special situations, such as trips,driving vehicles and blood donation.

Álvarez-Guisasola has also affirmed that about half of the Spanish diabetics are not diagnosed because it is a disease that does not manifest with symptoms and has highlighted the importance of an early detection of this pathology to prevent long-term complications,such as heart conditions, kidney, vision and feet.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/27/2008 3:32 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Does anyone know if the guide can be downloaded in PDF or is online available on some way?

greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
11/27/2008 3:33 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Holassss

The guide can be downloaded from:

It is Fede's new website.

Read and comment, I would like to know what you think and then I will say what I think.

Well, I say something: D
I did not know that the type1 can eat in "moderate and occasional way special products for diabetics containing fructose" (page 27): shock :: shock:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/27/2008 4:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.