Silly question

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/22/2011 11:35 a.m.

I have this doubt, since this began.

(Leaving the theme of calories aside)

If a food contains 8 g.of carbohydrates, of which, 8 g are sugars ,,,,,,

,,,,,,, produces the same effect as another food that contains 8g of carbohydrates, of which, 0 g are sugars?

It would be more beneficial for our organism any of them with respect to the other?, Put to choose from, would it give the same what we consume?

thank you,

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/22/2011 11:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In a DM1, it can almost give you the same.
Containing 8gr of carbohydrates of which for example 5gr are sugars.It means that those 5 grams are rapid absorption (sugar, fructose, lactose) and the remaining 3 slow absorption.
As probably the product that compres is mixed with more things, absorption will not cause you problems with glycemia if you have it in how much insulin puts yourself.I do not believe that for practical purposes for type 1 diabetes there is a big difference between one that has 8gr of carbohydrates and 0 sugars to one that has 8gr of decarbon hydrates of which all are sugars, I insist: taking into account the proportion of insulinthat we have to put on.

For the DM2, if it is much more important, and more than buy products that put "without sugar", the important thing is that on the label it has few carbohydrates and of which, the less they are the better sugars and if they can avoidWell, even more.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/22/2011 11:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.