Problems with Lantus

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/09/2009 3:46 a.m.

Hello everyone, a month ago I changed my insulin, now I use Lantus at night and novorapid at each meal.
I am having the doses and a week I have glucose measures and after now they change me, I all supposed that my body is not done to change, but well.

Now good at first, the day I am fine but I have been two days at night, at two hours I have a glucose of 130-150, I take a fruit or milk and I inject the lantus, in the morningNext I usually have in 200-260.I looked at the glucose at 1 in the morning and the following happened.

At two hours of dinner I was 142, I took my fruit and I inject Lantus, because at 1 a.m. I had 240 and in the morning to 260.

The lantus does not effect?Or does it seem to raise my glucose, someone happens to someone?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/09/2009 3:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Several things can happen.
The first is that you overcome that fruit, since with Lantus it is not usually necessary.
The second is that you have the so -called "alba effect", which is a frequent morning rise in some diabetics.
There are other possibilities, but those two are the most likely.You would have to tell us how you are the rest of the day.
To know if you have the fruit left over, or it is the alba effect, it is best to do an early morning control and know how you are at that time.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
01/09/2009 12:35 p.m.

Holass

As Alea says, except in the case that you are prone to hypoglycemia or that you do not detect them in time, the fruit or milk that you take as a response you do not need and it is the cause of that rise in glycemia.

An apple of about 150 grams or a glass of milk will upload about 50 glycemia, more or less.

Another possible explanation to what happens to you is the "File X", sometimes it happens (one does not know why) that 1 day the laws on diabetes go to the garete and the glycemia shoot themselves without explanation.
But it's just 1 day.
When it goes from 1 day you have to look for a reasonable explanation.

DiabetesForo
01/10/2009 6:33 a.m.

Hi there!!

I totally agree with the two, the Lantus is an insulin that generates a minimum level, it is not responsible for controlling the intakes you can do.That is why you have, like me, the novorapid to compensate for the ups of meals.

In the case of eating without applying the necessary units the Lantus will not "do anything" and what generates that food will remain in the blood.

Try to leave that take before bedtime and see how you are before breakfast.If you want, as a precaution put the alarm to do a blood glucose at 3 or 4 hours and avoid possible surprises in the morning.

If you get up with the numbers in place, you have two options:

- Or leave that shot what you made

- Or do it but with the corresponding fasting injection necessary, because the lantus even if it clicks at that time will do nothing.

Come, a greeting !!!

DiabetesForo
01/22/2009 7:59 p.m.

Hello.As you know this are not mathematics and depends on a thousand factors, work, lifestyle, sport etc, etc., each person is a world.Some endocrine tell you that the lantus is totally flat and it is not necessary to eat anything with it and others tell you after putting it at 2 hours do not forget to eat something always so we are going to time!I personally believe that it depends a little on your lifestyle and on toto on the amount of Lantus that you put on, it is not the same to get 25 or to wear 50 u, in the end it is to play a little with the hours of the dinner of the dinner ofThe Lantus, if you always lie at the same time, at different times.The fast people last 2 hours and for example the greatest effect does it to the third hour, in short patience and go looking for the point to avoid complications.You have to change the time of the Lantus, I started in the morning after night and at the end I have been at mid -afternoon to be covered all day, in all a world, you have to do a master !!!

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/02/2015 12:56 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.