Diabetes Theater Work: Sucre

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/10/2009 7 a.m.

The Tarraconense Paco Conaluna and Noelia Liñana produce ‘Sucre’

It is a musical and dance show that they want to release in the Teatre Metropol

Laia Riverola - 01/09/2009 08:10

The Valencian dancer and choreographer Noelia Liñana has joined the musician and singer of Tarraconense Paco Comouna to create a unique show.His intention is to release it and present it in Tarragona, specifically, in the Teatre Metropol in about six months.

After a long career as a dancer with large companies such as Lanònima Imperial, Tomas Noone or Gelabert Azzopardi, Liñana undertakes with Paco Laluna his first solo adventure.Sucre will be her first production and she will exercise as director and choreographer.

Why Tarragona?

They have chosen the city of Tarragona as a starting point to start the project because, says Liñana, «this is a city where you work very easily.The weather, spaces, ease of movement and the cultural environment and professionals make it work here very effectively and productively ».

Liñana collaborates in this project with the composer of Tarragona, Paco Control.Paco has published three albums, five compilations and currently combines his musical career with his work as a screenwriter, actor and monologue on different regional television.After writing more theatrical scripts, this discreet raid begins in the world of dance.His work focuses on the most plot part of the project and his first conclusion is that "in all shows, they are of the discipline, there is a kind of logic, of intuitive rules when creating."According to Paco Conaluna, «the only thing necessary is to know the precise language.I do not know the technical language of dance but for that is the technical talent of Noelia.She translates into motion the argument we write together.The germinal idea and the last decision, yes, is her ».Paco also justifies this decision «not only for her status as a show director but also because Sucre is a very personal story and she is clear how she wants to explain it.I didn't think it was so incredibly easy and enriching to work with her.

Argument

Sucre takes diabetes disease as thematic.The work presents and explains the different stages in which the patient faces his evil.However, this pathology is only an element, a creative concretion that choreographer Noelia Liñana intends to use to discuss more generic issues.

On the one hand, the work is an aesthetic exercise that abounds in the form that the individual faces his darkest corners, his weaknesses.That is why, throughout the work, the protagonist goes through different states such as denial, rebellion or ironic acceptance.But also, Sucre is a social reflection.Liñana points out that «foods already have sugar alone.Adding sugar is a social deformation, a custom that reflects the excess society in which we live ».

The show in addition to having the interpretation of Noelia Liñana, will also offer the performance of other professional dancers such as Calíope Paniagua or Alberto Pineda.

Original news in : <!)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/10/2009 7 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I upload this message, because it has already been released:

DiabetesForo
02/24/2010 3:38 p.m.

Excellent initiative.

Do you plan to represent it in other provinces?

Health

DiabetesForo
02/27/2010 12:03 p.m.

pos I don't think :( ... but let's think it would not be bad, to do it

DiabetesForo
03/07/2010 3:15 a.m.

Would there be any way to contact these people?I know theater people and I would like them to be represented in my city

paula's profile photo
paula
03/07/2010 4 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.