Type 1

MONICA's profile photo   01/21/2009 4:35 a.m.

HELLO!!!!

This year the kings have brought me a beautiful stay in the hospital with a type 1 diabetic debut. Just tell you, that I am dead of fear, that this is made to me a world, that now my hemo, is 12, and ....

I am 32 years old and I am from Barcelona

MONICA's profile photo
MONICA
01/21/2009 4:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Monica

I know that many of many is the comfort of fools ... but we are enough that we have gone through the same.

I debuted with 31 years and 15 glycosilada ...

At first it is hard, you understand anything, you wonder why it has touched you ... but everything is a process, little by little you will begin to see how to find the trick.

Have you visited the Barcelona Diabetes Association?

I think it is important to meet other people in your very situation, from all over the world, you learn, and at first having support is very necessary.

What doubts do you have?I know that thousands ... but tell us a pcoo

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/21/2009 2:14 p.m.

Good morning, Monica.Welcome.I am the mother of a 10 -year -old girl, diabetics from 5th. You can't imagine what setback.That daughter of mine, and so healthy .... but here we are 5 years later with a much more optimisma future perspective ...
Tell us what kind and insulin guidelines have you put you.If you know the diet by portions .... at first everything is a bit mess, and together with the mood that is sure not very there ... but you'll see how soon you get up to date, which will make you feel much better.
A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/22/2009 3:14 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well, I have not yet visited the association, but it is a pending subject that I have and that I will soon solve, since if I would like to share my experience with other people.The truth is that before this, the issue of diabetes, was a great stranger for me, you hear it, you know something but ... you really don't imagine what you live in your skin.
At the moment, my treatment is with Lantus, at night (I started with 20, now I am with 8) and Apidra before the main meals (of this they have also had to lower the guideline today) apparently, I am in that phase calledHoneymoon, and today they have told me that my pancreas still has reservations, although if I do not have misunderstanding, one day you are completely disappear.
The truth is that having debuted with 32 years is hard, but much more when you are a child, that I imagine that it must be much more difficult to understand that you are "different from the rest."I personally have the change of life in terms of the schedules of meals, rations and others.I am uncommon, and now if I am not hungry or I do not feel like dinner one day ..... Well I know I can't skip my meals.In addition, now, they have me with a 2000 cal diet.I entered with 47 kilos (the last month I lost almost ten, before knowing what happened to me) and I measure 1.71, so for the moment and until I recover the weight ... to coer like a bear.I imagine that over time, I will get used to all this, it helps me to know that there are people who are fine, and have controlled the disease, I think to be super responsible with the subject, since I want to control it as soon as possible.Today, they have made me an analytical to see as if the HB has lowered.Thanks for answering me, you have made me feel more surrounded :)

MONICA's profile photo
MONICA
01/22/2009 9:46 a.m.

As I imagine they will have already explained you, insulin helps food (mainly carbohydrates) to enter the cells.

It is simply a matter of time for your cells to "fill" again and recover a normal weight.

It is important to meet meals, especially with carbohydrates (flour, rice, fruit, legumes ...)

A little soon to get the glycosilada (more than anything because it measures the last 3 months) but well the doctors will know.

What endocrine takes you?

DiabetesForo
01/22/2009 2:15 p.m.

Hello!!

The first thing to encourage you, because you have no problem to put yourself in an optimistic point of view, that like everyone else, we were at the bad extreme to realize the doctor that something happened to us;)

I have been 13 years and they changed me to the Lantus a year ago and something;Although I am quick insulin before meals (novorapid).Over time I have been able to accustom my eye to control the amounts of carbohydrates, my insulin needs, ... we will be able to be me who varies everything in case necessary (even sometimes specific).

Everything is a matter of time, and you will see that you can lead a life of the most normal.At first, be responsible as you say, it will help you create habits that will allow you to live calmer.

Nothing more, that you look at how doctors make changes to learn and enjoy, that diabetes today do not hold at all to enjoy the day to day !!

DiabetesForo
01/22/2009 7:15 p.m.

Hi Monica:
Now everything seems very complicated, right? I still have a chop that gave me the endocrine when I left the hospital with the instructions of the insulin units for the three insulins I used at the beginning and at what time I had to put each one hehehe...... Now I ran but then I had to look constantly.Little by little and as you know your diabetes everything becomes very mechanical and I assure you that you get used (what remedy) and return to your normal life without problems.It is basic that you know other diabetics, as Owash tells you, go to the closest association, it will help you a lot.
Much encouragement and here you have us for what you can need, ok?
Kisses

DiabetesForo
01/23/2009 3:38 a.m.

Hello Monica,
I am also a three -year -old diabetic girl, who debuted with 22 months.As you say, the beginning is very hard and it costs to take the new habits, but little by little it begins to be part of your life, and the time will come when you do everything so routinely that you don't even think about it.
Much encouragement.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
01/23/2009 3:49 a.m.

Hi Owash !!!

It takes me an endocrine.At the Hospital of Can Ruti, Dr. Berta Soldevila.In principle, it inspires me a lot of confidence, and Hau has a great team of educators and dietitians who are helping me a lot with the subject, now, everything is done a little uphill, but they are always there, for telephone consultations, or in the hospital ofDia, where you can spend at any time without previous appointment and serve you to a thousand wonders.Do you know them ?????

MONICA's profile photo
MONICA
01/23/2009 9:19 a.m.

Hello Carlos !!!!

I am also with Lantus, and the rapid is Apidra, although I think it takes relatively little time in the market for what they have explained to me.I think Sou a little guinea pig with Apidra, because they even told me that if I intended to get pregnant, I would pass to the novorapid, that if it is more proven in pregnancies and does not give complications.Of Oemnto, there are still many variations in my pau¡ta, the apidra, after clicking me makes me blurred for a while, and unfortunateWe managed to give the dose soon.

MONICA's profile photo
MONICA
01/23/2009 9:24 a.m.

Hi Elena !!!

Without failure on Monday I will go to an association I do not know even if in the Maresme or in Barcelona.I will tell you how the experience.At the moment, I feel like a little girl, everything is so new ... and get to know your body, your reactions ..... it is complicated.I hope to lose the fears that now overwhelm me and make my normal life again, as soon as possible.

MONICA's profile photo
MONICA
01/23/2009 9:26 a.m.

Hello, Monica.

I am the mother of a 15 -year -old girl, who debuted with 8. She is probably the most rebellious and complicated forum, but we are taking it.

As others have told you, at first everything seems immense and very complicated, but you will see how you immediately take the trick and, as soon as you know how your body works, you will see how everything is very simple.At first you must be very disciplined, and that will make it easier for you to be freer in schedules, meals, etc., because you will know how to adjust insulin to your needs.

My daughter has just put the insulin bomb, but until a few days ago I had the same treatment as you: Lantus and Apidra.In fact, he is using Apidra, and he is doing very well.

Tell us your doubts, which, always without replacing the doctor, we will try to guide you.

Greetings from Asturias, and welcome home.

DiabetesForo
01/23/2009 10:10 a.m.

Thanks alea,

Right now, when I read that in time I can control myself, it seems like a utopia, I honestly tell you.I am more afraid of insulin than the devil, imagine.At the moment, always with ... will give me the downturn ????Because until today, for a month that I started more or less, I have more Air downward trend.I hope so, and be able to control it in a short space of time.
By the way.When is it recommended to use insulin pump ????I have heard a lot about it, but it is totally unknown to me.
Good luck with your rebel;)

MONICA's profile photo
MONICA
01/23/2009 11:01 a.m.

Monica, the bomb depends on several factors, but the endocrine always has to be prescribed.
It is a very good means to treat diabetes, but you have to previously have a trajectory and learning.
Normally it is prescribed to type 1 diabetics, with some time of evolution and with a broad diabetological education, and that have been (except in the case of babies) Sificant time with treatment of multiple insulin injections.

The criteria vary, and there are quite generous autonomies in prescribing bombs, while others are very greed.

And the fear will happen before what you think.You will see how in a very little it is you who is supporting the new ones that enter.

Health

DiabetesForo
01/23/2009 1:24 p.m.

Hi Monica, I just registered in the forum and like you I debuted this Christmas.Comment to you and all the members of the forum that more than a revenge is a new situation.We should not ask ourselves why nor anything like that.Things happen and period.Despite being a newborn in this DM1, I think it is vital to do it.The basis of a good control, of your DM is food and exercise.Like the rest of the human, but especially in us.

When I was in the hospital, a certain day comment to the nurse, after the first diabetes education session.

When they gave me the glucose meter, it was the same as an MP3 (it almost did me until Illusion, being passionate about technology).

I mean, your attitude is the most important.

ALL THE BEST

azucarilloout's profile photo
azucarilloout
01/23/2009 2:42 p.m.

As we all tell you, you have a lifetime ahead, to learn and enjoy your person's situation with controlled health;)

A very fast question: when do you give you the dowers you feel something that helps you identify them?Because if so ... you will have won an important battle against hiccups.Knowing how to say yourself, what comes !!And the better the better, it will give you extra peace of mind.Do not obsess !!!Because it is not something that is so first known, nor of second, because with me with the treatment with mixed insulins they gave me some symptoms and now with lantus and novorapid others very different :) so if you can, write down with your controls whatYou felt when they gave you the dowers: mood, sweat, drowsiness, ... And so you can see what your body notes when the sweet element is missing.

All the best!!!

And go a companion that this are only guides to continue with our life but more controlled !!;)

DiabetesForo
01/25/2009 5:36 p.m.

Hi Owash !!!

It takes me an endocrine.At the Hospital of Can Ruti, Dr. Berta Soldevila.In principle, it inspires me a lot of confidence, and Hau has a great team of educators and dietitians who are helping me a lot with the subject, now, everything is done a little uphill, but they are always there, for telephone consultations, or in the hospital ofDia, where you can spend at any time without previous appointment and serve you to a thousand wonders.Do you know them ?????

No, I don't know them.
I imagine that as it happens to almost everyone you will end up seeing much more utility in the educating nurses than in the endo, although it is important that you have a fluid relationship with the endocrine.

DiabetesForo
01/26/2009 3:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.