Light and Aspartame Drinks

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/26/2009 7:20 a.m.

Hello everyone, I am new in the forum but not in diabetes, for some time I have been finding several rare symptoms, which are not associated very clearly to diabetes, the clearest are lost by heart, pains of pains ofHead, crying eyes, insomnia, these are the most acute and those that are most associated with other diseases.Therefore I prepared to read online and found several articles related to a chemical product of which I don't know too much, aspartame, which for what I have been able to intuit is a set of three elements, aspartic acid, phenylalanine and methanol, undoubtedly notIn all the drinks we consume, the name of Aspartame appears, but that of Felinananina, as in my case in a well -known tail drink that consumes daily and regularly.I would like you to take a look at the two links that I put one is against the consequent studies and another is in favor through an American food association.
In favor:

against:

If I would like it to be clear that I do not put this issue to advertise neither good nor bad for beverage companies, it is simply to know if someone similar happened.

As you will surely ask yourself, how much drink I take with these sweeteners, I write down my daily intakes, at breakfast, light of light fruits, the more sweetener and light cocoa, in mid -morning a cola light refreshment, in the food one and a half of whatsame, in mid -afternoon another Light tail soda, at dinner two more and if at any time I take another type of refreshment also Light.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/26/2009 7:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Belt.
The truth is that I ignore if the aspartame can produce those symptoms in some kind of people, so I cannot tell you much.
The only thing I can tell you is that my daughter usually consumes those light soft drinks, as well as the light cocoa and other products sweetened with aspartame and has not had those symptoms, although the headache is frequent in hypoglycemia episodes.

I guess, if your diabetes control is good, it will have to be your doctor who values ​​other possible causes for those symptoms.

Greetings and welcome.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/26/2009 7:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.