The debut

Velia's profile photo   02/05/2009 4:10 a.m.

I suppose that almost everyone will cost you little to put in my place, alone and with my 5 -year -old daughter in a hospital where his diabetes ... God, what chaos, income, tests, calls, and in the midst of a whole wordhammering my head "debut" ... I swear that I thought the doctor was jokingone that had always related the debut to the show ... hehehe.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/05/2009 4:10 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Because Celia's debut was, like almost everything in this family, of traca.

Celia had been wrong for a few days.I was without strength, without wanting anything, attached to the bottle of water, eating badly and with dark circles, thinning ...

And we were moving, packing everything at home, with a total disruption.

We took her to the pediatrician, but she was ongoing, and the substitute insists that she has nothing, that they are nervous about the move.

Total, that the day the truck finally took the furniture to the new house, Celia was so bad that we took her to a clinic of private doctors, from where they told us that Oviedo immediately.My husband told me, do you take it or me?I carry it, you stay with those of the move and the kids.

And we arrive in Oviedo, Celia Comatosa and me.They entered the ICU.In Llanes there were my children (who were of exams), my husband, organizing the move;The truck to the door, the empty fridge, the clothes in boxes, the dishes and the same, packed ...

I was going and winding those three days, until they passed it to the plant and I stayed with her the month that was admitted.My mother came from Cáceres and, little by little, we went back to normal.

Anyway, a few days entertaining, no doubt.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/07/2009 10:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,

I went to the doctor to tell him that he had been with the blurred vision for about two weeks.Even at work, one of my compis asked their glasses to verify that with them I saw much better.The doctor started asking me questions, you are thirsty, urinous, etc.They quickly made me glycemia and take!546. The doctor told me to go with this report to Emergencies and will enter you.But what is telling me with the work I have.Let you go to the emergency room and I feel a lot about your diabetes.

Anyway, go scare.The diabetes in children gives me courage, since since childhood they have to enter a reason not for their age.I guess like everything, you get used to it.

All the best

azucarilloout's profile photo
azucarilloout
02/09/2009 1:30 p.m.

My debut was "fun."
I joined a city council to work temporarily.
And to work 7 months they wanted to do a medical examination ... I refused and refused until they "threatened" me not to hire myself so I did the recognition: D

The prefect review, except a 400 and fasting peak: shock:

1 week after the analytics, the doctor of the mutual calls me on the phone and tells me that when I receive the medical report I go to my head doctor to repeat the analysis because the glycemia had come out weird ...

When I received the report (2 days later) I went to the head doctor and explained the subject ... He stood at pictures and made me 1 blood glucose ... The glucometer greeted me: Twisted: (high) and sent me fromEmergency to the hospital ...

I wanted to send myself with an ambulance, but I refused and went for a walk ... :)) Today I raised myself, but I made a barbarity.

I realized that it was serious when they did not wait in the emergency room, they quickly put me in the box and plugged into 2 drippers ... normal, a few months later I understood what it meant having 15.5% glycosilada:-//

By the way, I refused to enter (for personal reasons that do not come to the case ... It was the only thing about the story that would repeat again).

And yes, I am very head.

DiabetesForo
02/09/2009 3:42 p.m.

Well, I wrote this from below some time ago, I recently reissued it and it was like that.It is very long, but it was my debut.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
02/09/2009 5:26 p.m.

Well, this below I wrote it some time ago, I recently reissued it and it was like that.It is very long, but it was my debut.

I liked the description, although I think the words fall short (this was a piece of a song, right?)

By the way, you transfer 2 congratulations (of 2 different people: d) For your description of file x ...

DiabetesForo
02/11/2009 2:31 a.m.

Buff ... I had not stopped to think about that day .. I with 13 shattered, I had always been thin, but I was literally staying in the bones (34 kilos at all), all the bones of my face were marked... I had been getting worse for a few weeks, every day more tired, thirsty ... I was going out gradually ... as if my batteries ended.: (((
They made me an analytical in my header and since Christmas were in between, the results would take to arrive.But my mother (there is only one!On the day of my debut I came home with such an aspect of zombie, that as I entered through the door they took me and took me to hospital emergencies.
Better !!Because I debuted with 664mg/dl of blood glucose and a 15.9 hemo.From here as all you, my parents made dust ... and yielded from life, in a few hours I lived again, I resurrected as a withered plant when the watering ... :))
I spent 10 days on vacation at that hotel (hospital) je, je .. learning everything necessary to be able to carry good control of diabetes.From that moment to live and enjoy life !!

Betes's profile photo
Betes
02/12/2009 4:28 a.m.

:)) What a beautiful week that first of May, 95 ... with 14 years, the mind only in studying and practicing my sport (archery), those wing ones that our friend gives you begin.A whole week without enduring an hour without being able to go to the bathroom;Explain it to teachers ...

4 kilos less in 5 days, and on Friday I tell my parents what happened to me: to urinate so much, thirst infernal, and an incredible apampamation ... well, as then the house kit were authentic pharmacies my mother looked at meAcetone and glucose in urine: Oops: not two seconds and alarms in style !!!

Direct to the doctor on duty !!Where they did not give me any blood glucose, but only with what we told him, report and direct to the hospital for emergency.The only phrase I remember was: I just hope it is not what I think is ...

In the emergency room what many, 530 and connected to the dropper ... Luckily the doctor who attended me gave me a good explanation of what was happening and what I would have to do from that day.I took it very well, with responsibility and thinking: if you have to do it, it will be for something, so you have to take care of yourself.

I spent a week of "holidays" and at the floor where one of the nurses was also a child, younger than me, diabetic.He brought me information in quantities that I was not able to assimilate (luck of the photocopiers!And thanks to her the endocrine began to treat me with Mixtard already in the hospital before I left.

From now on worrying about doing things well, and a single mistake for about 3 months for not maintaining the self -control routine ...

After the debut, let's take care !!!

DiabetesForo
02/16/2009 12:13 p.m.

Almost 3 years have passed and I can't help me fill my eyes of tears when remembering it.

We had a wedding in London on June 10, on the 9th we were going to go there (14 in total) and Nicolás had a season that was not right, he cried for everything, woke up at night very restless, asked forWater, he didn't want to eat, he was sad and the diapers were transferred shortly after putting them out.Visits to the pediatrician I did not know how many we did, even the afternoon before the debut we went to the emergency room, the doctor treated us as if we were heavy, that the child has nothing, gastroenteritis, a lot of water and patience that will happen.

We went home, we no longer knew what to give him to eat, even gave him a Chupachups and Aquarius for the first time, but he had no strength to take it.That morning began to vomit, agitated breathing, eyes with a very strange expression.We did not know what to do, we did not see it well but since all the doctors told us that it was gastroenteritis we thought that the vomiting would be for that.But at 7 in the morning my mother came home and seeing him told me "Maria is a child is very bad."And as the mothers know so much: ((we went to the hospital. 20 km endless, Nico's look completely lost, did not react to anything, my husband could not drive faster and I without stopping telling the child things so thatHe fell asleep and removed iron so that my husband did not get more nervous than we were going.That after looking at him he took a speech and punctured him on a finger, at that time he changed our lives, although we still did not know.He had given Aquarius (the truth when I gave it to him, he did not know if such a small child could take it) and told me no, that we had to take him to the general hospital that they had no means there.Next we could go on a trip (now I realize the fog but I had no idea what was happening).

The nightmare started immediately, they took Nico to another room, they knocked him down on a stretcher, they started putting tubes, my boy cried, looked at me and I couldn't do anything.They called the ambulance and in the meantime the crane wanted to take our car, my husband came out and the police erre that Erre, who took the car, I do not know how it would wear but in the end he got him to get off the crane although they put us fine.The ambulance arrived and they didn't let me go with Nico, I kept crying and was scared.We went behind with the car, calling while everyone to give the "news" and to cancel suitcases and trips.We arrived at the General Hospital and another doctor was on duty, who had also been in my childbirth, when he opened the Nico card, "walks if this is my lyrics, I have brought it to the world."It was the one who today is Endocrine of Nicolás and to which I am so grateful because he "returned" to bring to the world and that I can never return everything he is doing for our son.

He confirmed the diagnosis Diabetes Mellitus with severe ketoacidosis, and entered the ICU.2 frightful days, impatient to arrive 2 hours a day that let you in.I swollen to cry before entering because then I didn't want my child to see me badly, although sometimes I had to turn my face so that I did not see me.Nududito, in a room El Solo, with roads through all the places of that body so small, tied from feet and hands, seeing their parents dressed in green to the head and very little time a day and with a doll that had been putThe nurses in his crib to accompany him, was very hard.ThenThey passed us to plant, to a room for us alone and the learning began.In those 8 days I did not return home, I saw my other son if they brought him to the hospital's lobby and my husband was bringing me the things he commissioned.I had that half overcome my panic to the needles, although I have not yet dominated it at all and little by little we understood how our son's life was going to be and ours from now on.

Now, over time, I don't see it so dramatic but I am still angry with the one up there for not having chosen me instead of my son.

P.S.Sorry for the testament because although you live it as if everything went to the fast camera, you are so much recorded by the details that I have been unable to summarize it more.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
02/19/2009 5:54 p.m.

Uffff, Mania reading you I cried like a silly one ... I was in the office and I couldn't help it ... a huge hug for you and your little tapon.

I remember it too ... of course !!!I was studying outside, in my 2nd year .... In the time of exams ... and the typical gone to the bath... I did an analysis at the header doctor ... and my mother is my mother to tell me that everything was well that I was 315 of glucose ... and that it went to the doctor.Innocent my mother and I, I went in the afternoon to the doctor I had and when I told him, he tells me ... go straight to emergency: shock: and I went to the residence where I was, I told my compis,And a girl who studied nursing was accompanied, but the poorWhen I could call my house to say it was crying, I was alone, scared and angry: ((my mother came as soon as she could, and spent the night with me in the hospital, and after a week we left there knowing a little about what she was goingThe subject, everyone behaved very well.Daily to shifts since it was time of exams but I felt very accompanied at that time.

anuski's profile photo
anuski
02/21/2009 3:23 p.m.

Peanut,
Your story is overwhelming, something that nobody would want to happen if.It hurts to remember such hard things;Life continues and now you are a more united family.I am sure that you are worried that this little boy is the best possible and he will thank you more over the years;)

That you can enjoy the good of life all together and with great joy and health !!A huge hug !!

Anuski!
I imagine that the "bad" news when they are received alone are worse to carry ... because, apart from having to overcome, you will have to explain what happens;And at certain ages that is not entirely easy.

We are from the same "Fifth Diabetics" :) How do you carry it now?I guess already experienced but worrying every day that things remain well;) Greetings !!

DiabetesForo
02/22/2009 5:48 p.m.

When God squeezes, drowns but well.
That says in a book and in a movie, Candida.Recently we saw the movie, and also recently another about emigration, something like "Go to Germany Pepe" but in a serious plan.S titled "A Franco, fourteen pesetas."I recommend both movies.

The fact is that all these experiences, and as these two movies have coincided, both about throwing eggs to move forward, and, in addition, with this week's news of an important health problem of the major of one of one of one of one ofMy brothers ... Well that, Joé, to go out, but the Joio drowns.

By the way, Montse tells me that he opened the thread to comment on the word "debut" and what he feels like hearing it.I felt that they were getting scared of me, and still according to my second endo commenting on another one who passed by, "Look, debuts with 400 and her first endo says what type 2" ... Do you debut?what's happening?Was that figure just the beginning?Is it going to reach thousands of glucose as soon as I put me to the subject?

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
02/25/2009 5:12 a.m.

Well, the word "debut" referring to diabetes I don't like anything, I think it's horrified, I heard it for the first time on November 27, 2000 in hospital emergencies, I felt nothing because I didn't understand anything, I was semi -inconscious, with1000 glucose:-/, it was a Monday and on Thursday I had been in the gym, something more tired than usual, with thirst, a lot of hunger and with 4 kilos less, in just 7 days I had spent healthy to spend three daysin the ICU and 8 more days in plant.
I remember that I felt relief because I only had diabetes: oops:, let's not die yet: d, although I was terrified to return home without handling the insulin well, the endocrine made me a chop with the doses and insulin that I had to put me inEach meal, here the diabetological education does not exist and the educator in diabetes even less.What I remember well were Alberto the Endocrine's words before discharge: "In a little time you are going to teach me about your diabetes because you will know much more than me", something that seemed impossible to me but that todayI can say that it is true.

DiabetesForo
02/25/2009 7:05 a.m.

<Blockquote Prado "" = "" Re = ""Me ", something that seemed impossible to me but that today I can say that it is true.

That is true, many of the endocrine who guide us base the teaching on handling rigorous guidelines.Luckily I had a couple of those who like the patient who knows how to do things.With them I learned to regulate the doses according to needs, to worry about knowing me in order to make a more "normal" life.

And we will not know so much of evolution of drugs and studies for a possible cure (although with what we join among all in this great forum we walk quite a day;)).But in this case there is no better doctor than oneself;To know how we react to everyday or exceptional situations.Endo is not with us all day, and we have to create our own "dictionary" to address any situation that arises.

Who is not lucky to have a endo that eduques him, who raises his best;Because with so much experience in the forum you will have the guides to know how to solve the problems by itself.

DiabetesForo
02/25/2009 5 p.m.

The truth is that all the stories are moving, but I was especially excited to me ... What hard moments, I can take charge ... We were lucky and at no time did we go through any serious situation, I had 213On fasting and ketone bodies but they disappeared quickly at the beginning of the treatment.There was no decompensation, the doctor told me "it is very good", which I did not understand with how thin and dark, a terrifying fear that had reached us, a quite uncertain future and on the other hand the fortune of having coincided with another debut in personal circumstances identical to mine, which were certainly curious .... a mixture of smiles andtears.But yes, I had a bad time for a while, I also had external reasons to be much worse than I should, but here we are, fortunately, learning every day to be a little better ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/27/2009 4:33 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

If Carlos, I think I have not put it but I "debuted": x in June of 95 ... we got very little with our friend in tow, you get smaller ... 14 years: oops: ...To me with 19 years: ((.

Enfin, that now that it has been so long, there are many worse things, but when you catch you "fish" at all, you don't know where to grab you.I believe that I have learned more in these last 5 years than all the above, my endo now is great (really).Although the previous ones worried, and they were good professionals, I stay with Alberto.

anuski's profile photo
anuski
02/27/2009 11:33 a.m.

In the end, I had to go through different endos, and each one very yours.

The first worried about glycosilada, and if I have seen you I don't remember.The truth is that they were 3 years in which he sent.The next one that touched me (for change of the first place) if it is a diabetological educator as we need.With him I knew how to handle diabetes and not that she sent in my life.And all this with the Mixtard ... that were quite strict.But thanks to this I evolved on what to look at, what I needed to change and how to do it without having to be asking him for small doubts.

For another change in the square I changed endey;It was the one that introduced me to the Lantus world.Because of the rest, see that glycosilada was fine (I already made the changes ...) and, yes, treatment for the cholesterol that was high.And I think that for staying for years glycosilada below 6.5% they passed me to another doctor who is not so much diabetological educator and in principle it is telling me how the results come out and if you have to treat something else.

Well, the luck of going through the hands of one who teaches you is fundamental.And but read a lot and ask more in this forum, because I think there is a lot of knowledge in all these people.

DiabetesForo
03/01/2009 7:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.