Enalapril Should we take type 1 diabetics?

Ana Poppe's profile photo   02/12/2009 9:15 a.m.

The enalapril is indicated (according to the prospect) for:

- Treat hypertension (high blood pressure).
- Treat symptomatic heart failure.
- Prevent symptomatic heart failure.

I know that in some places in North America they recipe it in order to only prevent these problems, which I mean, that even if you have no problems of this type, it should be taken into april every day to avoid future problems.

Does anyone know or have information on this matter?

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
02/12/2009 9:15 a.m.

Anapp

Hello Ana

First, who has to value that option is the doctor/endocrine ... and if possible one that understands what he speaks;)

The prevention of diabetes -related complications is based on glycemia control (glycosylated hemoglobin).
With good diabetes control, the possibilities of complications are reduced almost zero.

More information about diabetes and vascular cardio risk:

If one or one is asymptomatic (it has no indications of any complication) Why treat a symptom that does not exist at the moment?

years ago, they also recommended 1 daily aspirin to prevent those same complications,

In addition, and in your case, that drug is probably contraindicated for gestation.

PD: How is yours?Have you already passed you as a doctor?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/12/2009 10:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of course, that.To take a medicine if you do not have the symptomatology, it will also have side effects.And it is that they prescribed it only to avoid complications without having those problems.Anyway, it will depend on the situation and the doctor.Of course, as you say, always in any case you have to prescribe the doctor.

In the end I went to S.A.I.P.As you recommended and gave me a form that has to be accompanied by a medical certificate from Dr. from header or endocrine.Surely I will ask Dr. de Cabecera hehe.Then I have to go to the clinic and deliver the papers and wait for an answer.It seems easy, I hope it is easy.I will keep you up.

I sent you the data for mail and called you but you weren't.Did you receive them right?

A hug!!

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
02/12/2009 12:40 p.m.

Anapp

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.