{'en': 'Leave inheritance diabetes?', 'es': '¿Dejar de herencia la diabetes?'} Image

Leave inheritance diabetes?

ratolina's profile photo   02/13/2009 2:36 p.m.

Hello everyone,

As I am discovering that here you know a lot (especially the breasts), I have a difficult question to see if someone can tell me their experience.

I premiered with gestational diabetes (a girl was born), and 2 years later I debuted with my dB 1, I have already been with insulin.

But I remember that my endo told me that it was easy for one of my children, especially the girl to also have diabetes, to monitor her.

I vig it, and I have it aware, I try not to eat much sweet (although I can't get much, really) ... well, to the subject ...... Some of you after the diagnosis has had a child@ Diagnosticate too ??

Because I thought that the law of inheritance skips a generation, although it can also be capricious, but the endo told me so clear.

Thanks for your opinions!

ratolina's profile photo
ratolina
02/13/2009 2:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello
Obviously the genetic component of diabetes is large.

However, things are not yet clear.In type 1, the destruction of the cells is triggered ... it is not yet known why.

In type 2, there is a genetic component and another of behavior (obesity, bad health habits ...) In the first case it is not known why it is triggered.

Regulate the consumption of "sweets" of your daughter, will prevent type2 diabetes (related to obesity and lifestyle) but not of type1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes (related to genes).

In this link you have in painting with the possibilities of inheritances:

As you can see, a baby has the same chances of having diabetes, whether his mother has type 1 diabetes and he has it.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/14/2009 2:30 a.m.

Huy, how scare, I thought I had changed my name or something.
This of two speredys in the forum is going to be a mess.

Ratolina, Owash has already told you everything.But I add that type 1 diabetes is impossible to prevent.It is autoimmune and the causes are ignored.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
02/15/2009 1:17 p.m.

Alea .......... solved, they don't confuse us anymore :))

ratolina's profile photo
ratolina
02/15/2009 2:02 p.m.

Hehehe, ratolina, now I will have to run, because I'm a mouse and your cat :))
All the best

DiabetesForo
02/15/2009 3:07 p.m.

Hello everyone, my son debuted 2 years ago and I am seeing how the other two are: Oops:
Health.: D

DiabetesForo
01/21/2010 11:50 a.m.

Hello, Kiko.
It seems that there is a slightly greater probability if there is a direct relative with diabetes, but it is just that: a probability.
My daughter has had diabetes for almost 8 years and none of her brothers has her.

Health

DiabetesForo
01/21/2010 1:11 p.m.

My great -grandmother had diabetes 1
His three daughters (among them my grandmother) have had diabetes but type 2. In fact, one of them to debut now, very much older (I think it has about 90)
Of his grandchildren Ninguo has had diabetes
I only have from his great -grandsons (type 1)

What they have told me is that the "predisposition" to develop diabetes is inherited.I have always panicked me and transfer it because as a child I had a very bad time.

Sisi's profile photo
Sisi
06/24/2010 6:01 a.m.

Hello everyone!
Seeing the Owash link of the possibilities of suffering from diabetes, I include myself in that 1 of 17. My father debuted at age 26 and I at 12. And as a "future mother" I wonder ... if I have one dayAn child of having two direct relatives with DM1 would increase the probabilities?Taking into account only if the mother & GT; 25 years is already reduced to 1 in 100 so I hope I don't increase because my father is too:-//

ALG's profile photo
ALG
05/20/2012 1:27 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

I am type 1 diabetics from 17 ..... I say there is no way to prevent diabetes if one is already diabetic? With some genetic study .... Even if they let them modify the genes ... but some way?

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
06/07/2012 11:51 a.m.

Taking into account that they have not yet discovered the mechanism by which the immune reaction is triggered and destroys beta cells ... Well, a bit difficult to modify genes ...

DiabetesForo
06/07/2012 5:03 p.m.

Hello good!

I am the only DM1 of 3 brothers.Neither my grandparents nor my parents were diabetic, neither type 1 nor 2. Of my nephews, none is diabetic either.My sister is pregnant again and they have insisted a lot in the "sugar curves."However, some doctors have told her that by a sister it was not necessary for them to be done and others have told her yes ...

Anyway, with a diabetic -I- we already have enough.I hope I never join any more ;-)

Greetings.

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
06/12/2012 8:23 a.m.

I have debuted 2 months ago with type 2 at 48, my grandmother had type 2 from the 50 and a uncle grandfather died at 99 when she cut her legs, also by diabetis auqnue I don't know what kind, and on top of my ex -wifeHe has two aunts with diabetis .. My son I hope I don't inherit it ... at least not type 1

Pirata's profile photo
Pirata
02/11/2018 2:22 p.m.

They explained to me that it is born with the predisposition and depending on the life that is developed or may not be debuted.

In my family there are no diabetics or type 1 or type 2, except me.I am the only one of all branches is 4 generations.Why debut at 40?

In my partner's family they were his grandfather, his father and his older brother, but my partner and their other 2 sisters have not developed it by sharing the genes and carrying similar lives.
Because?I think that medicine still has much to investigate in this aspect.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/13/2018 8:06 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.